Heidelberg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lorrach Restaurant

Lörrach Yesterday

Hello....I am looking for a nice German cuisine restaurant in Lorrach. We will be staying in Basel for a week in October and wanted to take the train up from Basel to Lorrach for dinner one night (to get out of Basel for a night). We would obviously like something near the station or within reasonable walking distance. We love rustic food and something local and authentic german food would be nice. Any help would be appreciated.

more
    • Monday evening dining plans

Tübingen Apr 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Do you have any suggestions for a good and reasonably priced restaurant to eat at on a Monday evening in Tubingen? I realize that many places are closed on Mondays, and I am concerned that we will not have any idea where to take our family for dinner.

more
    • transportation

Gengenbach Yesterday

How to get there from Strasbourg

more
    • asking about public transport triberg, schonwald and gengenbach

Black Forest Apr 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM

hi

my plan is to explore triberg, schonwald and then gengenbach, with public transport. is it easy to use buses/train/taxi in those cities? i travel from other country with luggage, is there any buses or taxi from train station to hotel?

this is my first time to visit germany and we speak english only.

thanks

more
    • laundromat near the goethe institut

Mannheim Apr 1, 2014 at 6:58 AM

hello people!
      i am staying with goethe institut and i am not too bothered about getting a card to use the washing machines in the building just for the two weeks that i am here. does anyone know a laundromat where i could use coins to do a wash? cheers!

more
    • Timewarp - from Mannheim ZOB to Maimarkthalle

Mannheim Mar 31, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Hi, how can i get to timewarp from Mannheim ZOB (I will arrive with the bus) Are there shuttle buses from there? Thanks!

more
    • Best base in BF for train travel

Black Forest Mar 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM

My 16 year old daughter and I will take the train from Frankfurt to the BF in July 2014. We want to enjoy short hikes, perhaps kayak. What town would be the best for us for a 3 night stay, only using the train/bus? Thanks!

more
    • how much does it cost rain fare surich to konstanz

Konstanz Apr 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM

train zurich to konstanz

more
    • Visit to Black Forest from Frankfurt or Stuggart

Black Forest Mar 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Can you advise if it is better to travel from Frankfurt to Black Forest and if so, what is the travelling time? Secondly, if is better from Stuggart then also what is the travelling time?

more
    • Attractions for kids on the way from Frankfurt to Black Forest

Black Forest Mar 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM

We are a family with 2 kids (14,11) and we are about to land in Frankfurt in August 2014. From there we will travel by car to the black forest.
      Do you have suggestions where we can stop to have some fun with the kids so we can break the long hours drive?

Many thanks:)

more
    • TRANSPORTATION

Rastatt Mar 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM

IS THERE A BUS SERVICE THAT GOES TO BADEN-BADEN AND SURROUNDING TOWNS. MY SISTER AND I WOULD LIKE TO STAY IN RASTATT A FEW DAYS AND TAKE A BUS TO OTHER PLACES IN THE AREA FOR DAY TRIPS.
      JOANNE SWEET imsweet@mynvw.com

more
    • CitizenH's Profile Photo

Baden Airport to Strasbourg. How to?

Baden-Baden Mar 19, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Hello!
      I need to go from the Baden Airpark to Strasbourg and I am about to book rail tickets from Baden Baden to Strasbourg (BD Bahn) and I don't know all the details.

What point of departure is better? Haueneberstein or Rebland?
      How do I go from the airport to the rail station?
      I'm worried about the cost, so I need the cheapest way to travel. If there's a better way, please tell me.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Euroline station?

Karlsruhe Apr 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hello,

Has anyone ever taken a Euroline Bus to Karlsruhe? Could you tell me where we would get off the bus?

more
    • How to get to Baden-Baden from BSL

Baden-Baden Mar 27, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Please give an advice. I arrive to BSL at 22:05 and have a hotel booked in Baden-Baden, Germany. How to get there? Most of car rental services are not open a this time, train is also not available during the night time. How much will be the taxi??

more
    • Countryside around Heidelberg

by s_david Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Can any one let me know if there are any nice picturesque countryside drives around Heidelberg. What are the major sightseeing places around Heidelberg - am interested in medieval castles and idyllic countryside drives with stopovers in village 'inns' for wine/beer and food. I prefer holidays where I base myself in one place, soak up the feel of the place and make short trips around the base by train or road. This holiday I want to explore a bit of Germany so could someone please advise.

6 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    • v3tt3lWC's Profile Photo

Heidelberg or Trier?

by v3tt3lWC Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Trying to decide which one to stay at as both have great ratings and sights? Will be first time in Germany. Going to stay later in Luxembourg for the last 2 nights. Thank you.

5 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    • Suprise girlfriend in Heidelberg

by fer01 Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Could anyone give me a tip on how to surprise my girlfriend in Heidelberg? Maybe some restaurant or event/performance. I really really like her and want to do something nice with her. Please let me know!

5 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Military presence in Heidelberg

by Drugness Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Hello all
      As I understand it, most US Army bases in the Heidelberg area have now been shut down. Is this correct?
      I was curious about the military hospital where General Patton died. This was located on a US Army base in Heidelberg and wondered if it was still operational.
      If there is still a lot of GI's around, then i'm guessing they frequent the local watering holes quite a lot!?
      Thanks again everyone :)

1 Answer Oct 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    • Bus to Schweztigen from Heidleberg

by pgegge Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

How do I find places to catch such a bus, time schedule and cost?

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    • Heidelberg to Schweztingen Castle

by pgegge Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Does any one know how I get the information on bus stops, travel time and fares for this day trip?

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    • One Day or Two Days?

by 1903spirit Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Is one day enough to see the main attractions of Heidelberg or do you really need 2 days?

4 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    • heidelberg-regensburg

by heiho Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hallo! ich würde gern ein günstigues ticket von heidelberg nach regensburg hin und rück fard buchen, wo könte ich es kaufen? und in regensburg wo gibt es billigue plätze zum schlafen? (sorry für mein schlestes deutsch) viele grüsse und danke!!!! :D

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    • Dialect in Heidelberg

by olczi Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hi, I plan to come to Heidel to learn German. Is the Heidelberg dialect very differrnt from high German. It is very diffrent pronunciation or the diffrence are in words or something else ?Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • lerning German

by olczi Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Hello, I want to go to Germany and learn German. I find quite interesting offer of german course - Summer German Course at University of Heidelberg. It is a good school or if anybody took already part in this course and can tell me something about that? It is worth coming to this University? Thanks a lot

1 Answer Jun 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    • AKHermit's Profile Photo

Breakfast place or Bakery near Hollander hof Hotel

by AKHermit Online Now Sep 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Is there a nice place to grap breakfast near the Hollander Hof hotel? We do not want to pay the expensive Hotel breakfast prices and are looking for something reasonable. Thanks.

8 Answers Sep 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    • Heidelberg University

by Arismou Online Now Jun 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Will be visiting Frankfurt and Heidelberg end of July with family for holidays.
      My son wants to visit their medical school of both univerisities. Does anyone know if they organise visits during July?

7 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM
    • Neckar Valley or Baden baden Wurtemburg tickets for travel.

by levlex Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Thanks everyone for your previous help.
      Have now booked 1 week in Neckar Valley near Heidleberg and 1 week in Feiburg, can anyone advise if the above tickets are worthwhile and what they actually offer. Mentioned before we are Aussies and have no idea how useful they will be but has been suggested we purchase them.

2 Answers Feb 6, 2012 at 4:32 AM
    • Heidelberg to Strasbourg by boat - is it possible?

by levlex Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 5:19 AM

2 Aussie adults would like to take a short cruise on Rhine river or Danube - approx 5-6 day. Must depart from Heidelberg area but arrival location is very flexible as long as we head in the France/Switzerland direction. Does anyone know if there are short cruises available OR are there day cruises?
      We have 1 week to fill in before heading towards Laussaune in Switzerland and just cannot decide what to do. Our interests are walking, historic buildings, history, nature.
      Thanks.

6 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    • Accomodation in Neckargemund or Weinheim

by levlex Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Help Please!! I know this is the Heidelberg forum but these 2 towns are nearby, previously on this site advice was given suggesting accomodation websites, have tried Hotel Kredell and Die Dependance thru google and CANNOT GET INFO IN ENGLISH, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
      If not any suggestions for accom in Neckargemund or Weinheim as we have a week to explore Neckar valley and surrounding areas, in English, would be appreciated - prefer self catering or B & B.
      Really great advice on this website.... thanks

3 Answers Jan 12, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    • ettiewyn's Profile Photo

Six hours in Heidelberg

by ettiewyn Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Hi VTers!

Very suddenly a one day trip to Heidelberg came up, I'm going there next week on a uni field trip. We will go to the library at first to see a medieval manuscript and then I will have about six hours until my train leaves from the train station (everybody is free to organise the homejourney by him/herself).
      I have a guidebook which tells me about Heidelberg, but I am a bit at a loss. Can you give suggestion of an itinerary that does give me a chance to see something of the town in such a short time? My family loves the castle but I'm not sure if it's reasonable to go there.

Thanks a lot!
      Mirjam

9 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 3:38 AM
    • Can someone identify this building, possible in 1938 Heidelberg?

by dixie999 Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I am transcribing my Aunt's Trip diary. She toured Europe, including Germany, in 1938. This photo (of her and her traveling companion) is in her scrapbook. I think it is in Heidelberg, but just not sure. Here is a link to my photo shoppingthevillage.com/Helen...

If not that city, do you know what other city,or what the building is called?
      Thanks very kindly for any info. Kathy

5 Answers Jun 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM
    • lucy321's Profile Photo

Frankfurt to Heidelberg on a Sunday night

by lucy321 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm arriving in Frankfurt (from Australia) on Sunday 12 June. My flight gets in at 1920. I was thinking of spending a couple of nights in Heidelberg to start my 5 week holiday in Germany.

My question is, is it easy to hop on a train at the International airport when I arrive, and get down to Heidelberg on a Sunday evening, or should I stay the first night in Frankfurt?

I was thinking of booking at the Goldener Falke which I saw recommended on this forum. But I don't want to arrive too late to check in ...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Lucy

12 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 5:09 AM
    • happytogo's Profile Photo

Heidelberg to Strsabourg by bus or train

by happytogo Online Now Jan 7, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Dear VT friends,

Is there any bus service between heidelberg and Strasbourg? What's the fair?
      Is it better to travel by bus or by train? some of the factors in deciding this are frequency, Price, convenience.....

Tahnks

6 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    • Any Organized Pub Crawl?

by itbechill Online Now Aug 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Hi,
      We're coming in for a night in Heidelberg, and are looking for an organized pub crawl group or even some locals who wouldn't mind some free drinks/food for taking us around to the best pubs/bar/clubs/breweries. We're both in our mid 20s and would ideally like to find something that caters to that age range.
      Any help is appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Matt

2 Answers Aug 31, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    • Heilelberg accommodation for two adults and a 14y.o. near station - possible or not

by brodieboy Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Hi we would like to spend 2-3 nights in Heilelberg to commence our tpip through the Black Forrest.

6 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    • happytogo's Profile Photo

Heidelberg to Frnkfurt and sttutgart transportation

by happytogo Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Dear VT members,

I'm supposed to be in Germany for three weeks this coming October. I"ll be staying in Heidelberg (to be more precise, in Edingen Neckarhausen).
      I am wondering if someone can help me with public transportation (Trams, Buses, Trains)from Heidelberg to Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Mannheim...
      What lines should I board (No.?)and the fairs. Is there a weekly pass or a bi-weekly one? and the price for those passes

Thanks a milion

5 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    • Sarichka's Profile Photo

Hahn to Heidelberg - Bus or Bus & Train?

by Sarichka Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Hi all,

We would like to travel from Hahn Airport to Heidelberg and are looking for the quickest way to do so on public transport. I found the Hahn Express schedule, but there is no bus until 2.5 hours after our arrival and I'd rather not hang out in the airport for that long if possible. Should we take a bus to a train station and train to Heidelberg? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sarah

8 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    • Transport to Heidelberg And More.....

by SwaggaLikeUs Online Now May 21, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Hi all,

Today it was announced that my football team (Sunderland AFC) are playing a pre-season friendly in Hoffenheim, Germany on the 8th of this coming August.

I'm from Ireland and I was looking through some sites and came to the conclusion that the best option is to fly from Dublin to Frankfurt, and then get a train from Frankfurt to Heidelberg, which is only 10-20 minutes away from Hoffenheim's stadium. The flights are with Ryanair and I have been advised that Ryanair fly to Hahn Airport, which is apparently a long distance away from Frankfurt, which is obviously even longer then to Heidelberg. Is this correct, and can anyone offer me a better alternative, if there is one of course.

I plan on staying in Heidelberg for two nights, so any advise on accomodation would be greatly appreciated too. I have been told The Ibis Hotel is ok, and very close to the Train Station.

Thank you.

11 Answers May 23, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    • Transport in Heidelberg

by ticktock20 Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Hi,

I am a student and I'll be moving to Heidelberg to live there for a semester while I study at the University. Can anyone tell me the website where I can find U-Bahn, S-Bahn and bus timetables for the city?

Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 11, 2010 at 3:54 AM
    • starrymessenger's Profile Photo

Heidelberg Budget questions

by starrymessenger Online Now Nov 29, 2009 at 5:41 AM

Hi everyone,

My family (four of us, ages 19, 22, 59, and 61) is planning a trip to Europe, and we're doing some advance budget planning. We have some questions, and any thoughts would be welcome.

1. Traveling through Germany and France--which is cheaper, train or bus?

2. How much should we budget for food? Specific destinations we'll be stopping at are Heidelberg and Munich in Germany, and then in France, Paimpont, Quimper, and Brest in Brittany, and also Mont St. Michel. Most of our food will be bought from supermarkets.

3. How much should we budget (very roughly, obviously) for incidental costs (Toiletries, tips, etc.)

Thanks!

5 Answers Nov 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Oldest bar in Heidelberg??

by Roadquill Online Now Nov 26, 2009 at 12:32 AM

About 25 years ago we were on a Contiki Tour and stopped in Heidelberg. That evening we went out drinking and our tour guide took us to a place that he said was the oldest surviving pub in Europe (let alone Heidelberg) I remember wooden tables, names scratched in the wood walls with long ago dates and drinking beer out of a huge glass boot. Any idea which bar this is? [or were we told a tour guide fish story] I would like to go back and tilt a boot of brew again. Karl

18 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    • jeffrowohlt's Profile Photo

local transport maps

by jeffrowohlt Online Now Oct 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I'm coming from Australia and will be in Heidelberg in Jan. How would I be able to get maps of the bus, tram and train routes around Heidelberg before I leave

2 Answers Nov 1, 2009 at 6:25 AM
    • joanj's Profile Photo

River cruise moorings

by joanj Online Now Jun 1, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to sightsee around Heidelberg within walking distance of the moorings for the River Cruise boats. We shall be there in August on the MS Heinrich Heine.

2 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 12:40 AM
    • Friedhof Heidelberg-Ziegelhausen

by DHZkaren Online Now May 2, 2009 at 9:36 AM

findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg...
      here it says Hans-Georg Gadamer is here. I'm coming to Heidelberg so I want to see him. Where is this graveyard located?
      Thanks!

2 Answers May 2, 2009 at 5:26 PM