Heathrow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• terminal two bag transfer

by DWC2015 Online Now May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

more
    • Is 90 minutes enough time between landing at T3 and departing from T5?

by Dubzau Online Now 8 hours ago

I'll start by saying that for me it wasn't. My airline's reservation staff in Australia booked a flight from me and my brother to Croatia via London, so I assumed I had enough time. We were trying to visit our father who was critically ill in hospital. The inbound flight landed at 6:55am and the outbound was due to depart at 8:30am. We didn't deplane for almost 15 minutes after landing. I now know that the average shuttle bus trip time including waiting is 20 minutes, but at that time there was a huge queue, and it took us over 30 minutes. So with all the walking and the bus trip, we didn't get to the "ready to board" desk in T5 until 7:55 - about 45 minutes all up - and we were refused entry. We still had multiple security stages to get thru, and boarding closes at 8:10 due to having to catch a shuttle bus to the plane, which takes about 5 minutes. We only made it to the boarding pass checking desk by 7:55 by running and jumping queues once we got into T5, so I don't think we were given anywhere near enough time, but my airline refused to take any responsibility and we had to stay a night in London (we had to pay for the hotel ourselves), which proved to be decisive in terms of why we were in a hurry to get to Croatia.

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

by lizdickie Online Now May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • Transit visa requirement between terminal 4 and 5 at Heathrow

by sivaprasadpeddi Online Now May 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hi iam an Indian passport holder. I have booked though an american airlines ticket from Doha to Vancouver(Canada) via LHR. Iam arriving by a Qatar airways plane from doha and landing at terminal 4 at afternoon at 13.15pm. My next flight from LHR to vancouver by a british airways plane starts at 17.15 pm from terminal 5. Now do i need a transit visa to move from terminal 4 to terminal 5. I had confirmed from airlines that my luggages will be though booked.

more
    • Malaysian citizen flying into LHR, then on to Geneva

by SuChung Online Now May 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I fly from Kuala Lumpur to land LHR T4 on 21 June, 4.20pm. I plan to take a BA flight to Geneva departing at 8.00pm. Do I have sufficient time for immigration custom and the terminal transfer and then check in for this BA flight? Hope someone know this can help me. Thanks a lot.

more
    • Can we undergo US security checks at Heathrow ?

by crfacts Online Now May 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I'll be traveling from Mumbai, India to Gainesville, Florida. For that I have to board a flight at Mumbai which will drop me at Heathrow. I have layover time of about 8 hours at Heathrow, from where I'll be traveling to Miami. And from Miami to Gainesville. But the layover at Miami is only 2 hours, which from what I've heard, is very less for completing immigration checks. So, I was wondering if there is any provision of conducting US security checks at Heathrow instead of Miami?

During the search for this answer, I came across this post. This looks to be 2014 news. I'm not sure though, whether this has been implemented or not.

Could anyone please confirm the same?

Or, is it possible to complete immigration checks at Miami airport within 2 hours ?

Thanks.

more
    • Fare for china airlines

by peejay007 Online Now May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

more
    • How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle

by pneogy Online Now Yesterday

How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle by train with minimum changeover

more
    • jackandthebeanstock's Profile Photo

Does the Visitor In Transit visa allow me to leave the airport?

by jackandthebeanstock Online Now May 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

I have a 15 hr overnight layover at Heathrow and I am thinking to go and check out London since it will be my first time there.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to leave the airport with the transit visa and then return to continue my flight?
      2. Do the trains or buses to and from the airport operate 24/7?
      3. Is there a place that you recommend a first time visitor to check out at night? (A mall, street, park etc.)

more
    • Terminal 5 no lounge

by Daesty Online Now Apr 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM

We are looking at booking a lounge but there are none in terminal 5
      Could we use a lounge in another terminal

more
    • arrive before visa valid date

by Guleka Online Now May 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Good day. Can you please help me with this query. I have bought tickets from Russia to London for 11th May and will be arriving to London at 9 PM. the problem is that my visa starts from 12th July, which 3 hours later from my actual arrival. Will it be a problem? I thought that until I get to Customs Border, stand in the long que it will be 00.00 already. Can you please help!!! My tickets are not refundable and don't know what to do. Just now realized that it may a cause a problem in the airport or won't?

more
    • US citizens flying into LHR, then on to NCL

by Bevherb1 Online Now May 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Hi, We are flying into LHR and my 2 kids are US citizens (adults). I'm a British citizen. How much time should we allow between arrival flight and domestic departing flight to Newcastle? Is 2 1/2 hours enough time?

more
    • Do we need transit visa for UK?

by Shan1 Online Now Apr 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM

We are travelling from Dubai to Lisbon (Europe).
      We have Portugal residence permit.
      We will reach from Dubai to London Heathrow, at terminal 5. After 6 hours we have flight from London Heathrow, terminal 3 to Lisbon. (same on Return)

My question is;
      1. Do we need a UK transit or Direct Air/Aisle visa?
      2. Will we cross any UK border from terminal 5 to terminal 3 or vice versa?

Advice!

more
    • Is an hour layover enough to change flight at heathrow airport

by peejay007 Online Now May 3, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Me and my mum will be flying to us from delhi and have a layover of an hour only..We were wondering if that time is enough ..Also my mum cannot walk that fast ..so we were thinking of booking a wheelchair.so will i be allowed to accompany my mum.. my mum is 53 years old and i am 17 yrs old

more
    • Is 90 minutes enough time between landing at T3 and departing from T5?

by Dubzau Online Now 8 hours ago

I'll start by saying that for me it wasn't. My airline's reservation staff in Australia booked a flight from me and my brother to Croatia via London, so I assumed I had enough time. We were trying to visit our father who was critically ill in hospital. The inbound flight landed at 6:55am and the outbound was due to depart at 8:30am. We didn't deplane for almost 15 minutes after landing. I now know that the average shuttle bus trip time including waiting is 20 minutes, but at that time there was a huge queue, and it took us over 30 minutes. So with all the walking and the bus trip, we didn't get to the "ready to board" desk in T5 until 7:55 - about 45 minutes all up - and we were refused entry. We still had multiple security stages to get thru, and boarding closes at 8:10 due to having to catch a shuttle bus to the plane, which takes about 5 minutes. We only made it to the boarding pass checking desk by 7:55 by running and jumping queues once we got into T5, so I don't think we were given anywhere near enough time, but my airline refused to take any responsibility and we had to stay a night in London (we had to pay for the hotel ourselves), which proved to be decisive in terms of why we were in a hurry to get to Croatia.

4 Answers 7 hours ago
    • How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle

by pneogy Online Now Yesterday

How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle by train with minimum changeover

7 Answers 8 hours ago
    • Transit visa requirement between terminal 4 and 5 at Heathrow

by sivaprasadpeddi Online Now May 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hi iam an Indian passport holder. I have booked though an american airlines ticket from Doha to Vancouver(Canada) via LHR. Iam arriving by a Qatar airways plane from doha and landing at terminal 4 at afternoon at 13.15pm. My next flight from LHR to vancouver by a british airways plane starts at 17.15 pm from terminal 5. Now do i need a transit visa to move from terminal 4 to terminal 5. I had confirmed from airlines that my luggages will be though booked.

6 Answers May 22, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    • arrive before visa valid date

by Guleka Online Now May 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Good day. Can you please help me with this query. I have bought tickets from Russia to London for 11th May and will be arriving to London at 9 PM. the problem is that my visa starts from 12th July, which 3 hours later from my actual arrival. Will it be a problem? I thought that until I get to Customs Border, stand in the long que it will be 00.00 already. Can you please help!!! My tickets are not refundable and don't know what to do. Just now realized that it may a cause a problem in the airport or won't?

13 Answers May 16, 2015 at 6:41 AM
    • terminal two bag transfer

by DWC2015 Online Now May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

2 Answers May 17, 2015 at 5:33 PM
    • Malaysian citizen flying into LHR, then on to Geneva

by SuChung Online Now May 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I fly from Kuala Lumpur to land LHR T4 on 21 June, 4.20pm. I plan to take a BA flight to Geneva departing at 8.00pm. Do I have sufficient time for immigration custom and the terminal transfer and then check in for this BA flight? Hope someone know this can help me. Thanks a lot.

6 Answers May 12, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    • Can we undergo US security checks at Heathrow ?

by crfacts Online Now May 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I'll be traveling from Mumbai, India to Gainesville, Florida. For that I have to board a flight at Mumbai which will drop me at Heathrow. I have layover time of about 8 hours at Heathrow, from where I'll be traveling to Miami. And from Miami to Gainesville. But the layover at Miami is only 2 hours, which from what I've heard, is very less for completing immigration checks. So, I was wondering if there is any provision of conducting US security checks at Heathrow instead of Miami?

During the search for this answer, I came across this post. This looks to be 2014 news. I'm not sure though, whether this has been implemented or not.

Could anyone please confirm the same?

Or, is it possible to complete immigration checks at Miami airport within 2 hours ?

Thanks.

6 Answers May 11, 2015 at 6:14 AM
    • US citizens flying into LHR, then on to NCL

by Bevherb1 Online Now May 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Hi, We are flying into LHR and my 2 kids are US citizens (adults). I'm a British citizen. How much time should we allow between arrival flight and domestic departing flight to Newcastle? Is 2 1/2 hours enough time?

9 Answers May 12, 2015 at 11:00 AM
    • jackandthebeanstock's Profile Photo

Does the Visitor In Transit visa allow me to leave the airport?

by jackandthebeanstock Online Now May 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

I have a 15 hr overnight layover at Heathrow and I am thinking to go and check out London since it will be my first time there.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to leave the airport with the transit visa and then return to continue my flight?
      2. Do the trains or buses to and from the airport operate 24/7?
      3. Is there a place that you recommend a first time visitor to check out at night? (A mall, street, park etc.)

8 Answers May 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    • Fare for china airlines

by peejay007 Online Now May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

6 Answers May 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

by lizdickie Online Now May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

4 Answers May 5, 2015 at 2:14 PM
    • Is an hour layover enough to change flight at heathrow airport

by peejay007 Online Now May 3, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Me and my mum will be flying to us from delhi and have a layover of an hour only..We were wondering if that time is enough ..Also my mum cannot walk that fast ..so we were thinking of booking a wheelchair.so will i be allowed to accompany my mum.. my mum is 53 years old and i am 17 yrs old

22 Answers May 4, 2015 at 10:30 AM
    • Do we need transit visa for UK?

by Shan1 Online Now Apr 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM

We are travelling from Dubai to Lisbon (Europe).
      We have Portugal residence permit.
      We will reach from Dubai to London Heathrow, at terminal 5. After 6 hours we have flight from London Heathrow, terminal 3 to Lisbon. (same on Return)

My question is;
      1. Do we need a UK transit or Direct Air/Aisle visa?
      2. Will we cross any UK border from terminal 5 to terminal 3 or vice versa?

Advice!

13 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM
    • Terminal 5 no lounge

by Daesty Online Now Apr 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM

We are looking at booking a lounge but there are none in terminal 5
      Could we use a lounge in another terminal

8 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    • Leaving Schangen area?

by oscarvajal Online Now Apr 22, 2015 at 1:28 PM

We are Colombian citizens with US permanent resident cards. We have Schengen visas Type C (with one single entry).
      We initially entered the Schengen area through Stockholm; then, we visited Berlin, and Amsterdam.
      Flying from Amsterdam to Paris, we had to stop in Heathrow Terminal 5 for 40 minutes, and the BA's person stated that we didn't need a transit visa.
      Once in Paris, we were refused entry on the basis that we had left the Schengen area when landing in Heathrow Terminal 5 even if we didn't left the terminal and our passports were stamped by the UK.
      Please comment. Thank you.

16 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 12:48 PM
    • 7 hour Layover at Heathrow- meeting someone at the Airport

by ashpw Online Now Apr 22, 2015 at 9:14 AM

We are traveling from Canada and we have a 7 hours transit before leaving to Sri Lanka. We will be arriving at T5 and next  flight will be from T3. I need to meet my brother who lives in London during the layover. Since we are traveling with Canadian passports i guess we dont need visa to enter UK.

Since we are not planning to go any where else, I can ask him to come to the air port but im not sure to which terminal. If I take the free bus service from T5 to T3, will I be able to go through the immigration at T3 and meet my brother at the air port . Or should I meet him at the terminal 5 ? He will not be traveling so he cant come through the security checking. 

1 Answer Apr 22, 2015 at 11:08 AM
    • 1 hour and 40 mins transfer in Heathrow. Enough time?

by raygino Online Now Apr 21, 2015 at 7:14 AM

I will be flying in from Helsinki - LHR- Dusseldorf. In LHR i land in T3 and my flight out is T5. Bags will be checked through. I have one hour and forty minutes. Should i be worried? I will travel on Sunday 17th May 2015. Land in LHR 9.05 am and flight taking off for Dusseldorf at 10.45 am.

10 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 12:44 PM
    • 1 hour and 5 minutes connection in LHR

by mickeymuthu Online Now Apr 1, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Air canada issued me a ticket which I have 24 hours left to cancel without a penalty. Travelling by Air Canada in terminal 2 and the next flight is Singapore airlines in terminal 2 as well. I am very concerned because the time of transit in LHR is exactly 1 hour and 05 minutes. Should I be good to make the connection on time?

The baggage is through from Canada to India. Also i have another connection in Singapore to Madras for another 1 hour 45 minutes.

I will be flying on a weekend.

You folks please advise if this transit in london will work since both the planes are in Terminal 2.

10 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    • meeting up with my elderly mother at healthrow

by dianale001 Online Now Mar 28, 2015 at 10:58 PM

I want to meet my mom at heathrow airport. My mom will be flying in from tel aviv, Israel and i will be flying from the US (making sure my flight gets in before hers) and i plan to make my way to her terminal to meet her. My question is where should i plan to meet her? Where should i tell her i will be ? she is elderly and will have wheel chair assistance but the airport is big and i don't want to miss her, so where is a good meeting up place at the airport?

5 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    • bzulu67's Profile Photo

Travel between terminal 5 and terminal 3 at Heathrow airport.

by bzulu67 Online Now Mar 13, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Hi all,

Next month I travel from Manchester to Miami via Heathrow, both flights with American airlines.
      How do I travel from terminal 5 to terminal 3?
      I land at 07:55 and depart terminal 3 at 09:45. Is this plenty of time to get between terminals?
      Will my bags be checked through from Manchester to Miami?

Many thanks

7 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 6:27 PM
    • Can i use different passport when travelling in between Heathrow and Dublin?

by JanetJanet2 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Hi, i am entering Heathrow using my Canada passport. May i know whether i can exit from Heathrow by my Canada passport to Dublin and then enter again into Heathrow by using my Malaysia passport?

15 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM
    • Meet my girl friend T2 departure lounge

by MalikO8 Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Please I need answer for this question before I booked my tickets.Can I see my girl friend in terminal 2 departure at heath row airport, I planning to book flight to her from London to Manchster the flight from T2 at 12:25 p.m while I will be is same terminal at 06:00 am heading to ORD in international flight..Does the domestic and international departure lounge in same area so I can meet her and hook up for while...Thanks..by the way I am US citizen and I have UK refusal Entry before that.

6 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 10:55 AM
    • Meet my girl friend T2 departure lounge

by MalikO8 Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Please I need answer for this question before I booked my tickets.Can I see my girl friend in terminal 2 departure at heath row airport, I planning to book flight to her from London to Manchster the flight from T2 at 12:25 p.m while I will be is same terminal at 06:00 am heading to ORD in international flight..Does the domestic and international departure lounge in same area so I can meet her and hook up for while...Thanks..by the way I am US citizen and I have UK refusal Entry before that.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM
    • Transferring between T2 and T5

by sarahcj Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM

My friend is arriving at T2 (from Frankfurt) and departing for the US from T5 - different airlines and not through ticketed, as far as I can tell. So she's going to have to pick up her luggage, transfer terminals and check in. She only has two and a half hours to do so. And she's a US citizen, so presumably might be held up at immigration.
      Is this an impossible schedule? As she's transiting the airport, is there some simpler quicker way to do this than going through immigration and customs as a normal arriving passenger would, before she transfers terminals?

8 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 11:11 PM
    • Has anyone used Serviced Room?

by anky24 Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 1:40 AM

Hi, I am looking for 2 months accomdation near Heathrow and have found serviced room co uk company offering rooms near terminal 4 , Let me know if anyone have used them before.

7 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    • PatriciaEncarnacion's Profile Photo

Will I need a Direct Airside Transit Visa to transfer from T4 to T5

by PatriciaEncarnacion Online Now Jan 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Hi, I am a Philippine passport holder traveling to Heathrow airport, arriving at terminal 4 and with a connecting flight at terminal 5 to Toulouse, France. I am a Schengen Visa holder as well. I would just like to ask if I will still need a Direct Airside Transit Visa to transfer terminals even if I don't have baggage to claim upon arrival at terminal 4 since both bags are carry-ons. Tickets were booked separately though so I do not have a through-ticket. Thanks!

7 Answers Jan 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM
    • Transfer from T5 to T3

by lelici Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Hi, we will leave from Dusseldorf with BA and arrive at T5 at 7.50AM.
      We have to transfer to T3 to catch our flight to Dallas which leaves at 9.30 AM: also BA but operated by American Airlines.
      When we booked this flight it said on the website this flight was operated by BA aswell, so we thought we could stay in T5, and 1 hour 40 min would be plenty off time!
      However checking the BA website later we found out this flight is operated by AA, and we have to transfer to T3.
      I'm very worried we won't make this transfer.
      Would anyone be so kind to explain us, maybe step by step, what's the fastest way to go to T3?
      Do i realy need to worry, or is 1 hour 40 min enough time?
      Thank you for your time and help!

9 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • Getting from the central bus station to terminal 4

by Garyplymouthuk Online Now Jan 12, 2015 at 2:52 AM

Hi everyone, i am looking for an idiot proof guide for getting from the central bus station to terminal 4, bearing in mind i have never used the tube before etc, cheers in advance for all the help :)

3 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • UK Transit visa

by binga123 Online Now Dec 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM

If I have a UK Transit visa and my layover is around 30 hours at Heathrow. Can i go outside Airport and meet my friends?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • Layover at LHR

by santiagohy Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I will be arriving at Heathrow from Mexico City at 16:15 on Apr. 27 (T4), I need to catch a flight the following day to Istanbul (departing from T2) and I have two options: 6:55 or 11:55, I'd rather prefer to take the first one, to gain time before arriving to Turkey, my point is that I was planning to sleep at Yotel in T4 and then move the next day to T2 in the early morning, at what time does the Heathrow Express starts working? (or can I walk between these two terminals?), because I need to be at Turkish Airlines counter at 5:00 the latest, could someone help me please?, I could find any schedule online...

3 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 4:00 PM