Heathrow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transit Visa

by doodoo1409 Online Now Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I am an Indian citizen travelling to USA from Mumbai. I am flying first time on U.S. student visa via London through British Airways. I am landing on terminal 5 heathrow and will require to move to terminal 3 for my next flight of British Airways to Chicago. My layover in London is 18 hours. I want to know if any transit visa is required. It is be noted that I have throughout ticket to Chicago through British Airways.

more
    • How long to clear terminal 5 customs?

by benrt Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi, I'm travelling from Bangkok, Thailand, tomorrow and land at 18:30 terminal 5. Any idea how long it will take to get to the train station with customs etc..? Many thanks

more
    • Is a 2 Hour connection time (arrival and departure both from T5) sufficient ?

by pranshujoshi Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I will have a 2 hour 10 minute connection time between my flights (both of them arriving/departing T5). I will be traveling with an infant, will be on Business Class tickets (not sure if LHR Fast Track is any help?). Is this doable?

BA-143 DEL to LHR and BA-193 LHR to DFW. (It seems these flights will undergo a schedule change from their current timing which allows a fair connection time to a new time which makes this connection tricky for me)

more
    • Heathrow connection

by Cox777 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I am a U.S. Citizen. I have a connecting flight from Budapest to Heathrow back to the U.S. Do I have to clear anything or go back thru screening or anything? Or do I just get to the next gate. It is the same airline all the way, American Airlines. Thank you.

more
    • Stay in terminal 3=going through security again??

by laniskyemom Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM

We have a short layover at Heathrow. We are arriving from the USA on British Airways in terminal 3 and departing for Prague from terminal 3 in an hour and 20 minutes on British Airways. Will we have to go through security again? If so, will we have enough time? We don't travel until November so we do have time to reschedule out flights if this is going to be a problem. (I have heard horror stories about Heathrow from many of my friends.)

more
    • Heathrow T3

by PenThom33 Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Hi I'm arriving from America in October - arriving at T3. I need to collect luggage, head through security and head to the Heathrow express to Paddington and then catch subway Kings Cross then train to Leeds. Its cheaper to book an advanced single ticket to Leeds but need to know how much time to allow so I can book a fixed time. Any ideas?

more
    • luggage and connection.

by A..R Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 4:48 AM

I will be returning from San Francisco to LHR to connect to Manchester. I have 1hr to get my connection. Do I have to pick up my luggage first or will it go directly to Manchester? my flights are with BA. I know 1hr is a bit tight but I am not to bothered if i miss the connection and end up on another flight as it is my return journey.

more
    • Connection times

by suzichung Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I arrive at Heathrow from Lisbon at 10:20 in the morning on TAP Portugal. Have a 1:00 PM flight on Delta from Heathrow to Los Angeles. Will this be enough connection time to get through Customs, Security, etc? Thanks for anyone's help!

more
    • Is there a hotel at Heathrow I can meet my boyfriend at?

by Crystalgirl79 Online Now Aug 16, 2015 at 7:59 AM

My boyfriend has an Indian passport and a USA 2 year visa, he is going through Heathrow on his way to USA. I am a British citizen. I don't think his ticket allows him to enter the UK, though I have heard it is at the immigration officer'a discretion. So is there anywhere I can meet him in the airport as a British citizen not travelling ? I can't work out if any of the hotels will allow me in without a ticket and him without a British visa.

more
    • Heathrow to Queens Road Peckham transport?

by ajorlj Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I will be traveling with my sister from the US on American Airlines with an 11:15 arrival time at Heathrow. We will both have a rolling carry-on suitcase and a tote bag. I have a chronic back problem that means I need to avoid trying to carry my bag up stairs as much as possible. I'm familiar with the tube and the Heathrow Express, but I'm wondering if it would be easier to take the National Express coach to Victoria and then a bus to Queens Road Peckham where our B&B is located. If so, should I buy tickets now (are they cheaper or do seats fill up?), and how long should I allow from landing to the NE departure? We are both close to 60 years old and will have been traveling for about 36 hours so I'm just trying to plan ahead.

more
    • 1 hour transfer

by scooneyotm Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 8:08 AM

I am booked from Glasgow to Toronto British Airways I only have 1hour to get off and find my connecting flight? It is in the same Terminal. Will I have to run with my two kids to make it?

more
    • Is 2 hours enough to arrive from a uk flight and into another internationally flight to the US?

by tt8001 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM

I am planning to arrive from Edinburgh to Heathrow at 8:05am on a Thursday. Then I have to make it to my international flight to San Francisco at 10:25am. Both flights are in terminal 2. I might need to pick up luggage also. If I just have a carry-on, can I bypass the arrival and go to the connecting flight area? I want to make this work, but is it just too tight and I risk missing my SF flight? The flights are on different itineraries. Thanks!

more
    • CONNECTING BA TO AIR FRANCE

by JoaoM19 Online Now Yesterday

I'll be flying BA from Mumbai to Heathrow (T5) and I have 2 hours and 20 minutes to go through immigration, collect my bags, customs and recheck my baggage at the Air France counter in T4. Is that sufficient time to do this?

Another question: Do you know if there is an interline agreement between BA and AF? I´ll be flying on two different tickets but it would make my life much easier if I could check my bags through to my final destination...

Thanks for your help.

more
    • heathrow airport

by luvmyhonda Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 1:40 AM

i arrive heathrow from usa and connecting flight is out of gatwick, i assume i have to go through customs, correct since I am leaving the heathrow airport. If i am correct, where do I go for customs at heathrow.

more
    • Going from Heathrow Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 without connecting flight ticket?

by luvlylisa Online Now Aug 8, 2015 at 6:31 AM

Hi! I am arriving very early in the morning on a flight into LHR Terminal 3 (Virgin Atlantic from the US) and have a United Club pass that I would like to use (breakfast and shower) before heading into London. This lounge is in Terminal 2. I do not have a connection, simply want to go eat and freshen up first after a long international flight. Question is: Can I go to terminal 2 from terminal 3, or will I have already gone through airport security/customs and not be allowed into terminal 2 as I no longer will have a ticket for that day? Also, I can't seem to find a map that shows how to walk from terminal 3 to 2--there is reference to a connection shuttle but again I am not connecting so I think I would need a ticket for that. Thanks!!!

more
    • Do I need a transit visa for changing terminals ?

by lidell220 Online Now Aug 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Hi everyone, i'm a moroccan travelling to the us and for my departure, i'm going to make a stop at heathrow and change terminals from T3 to T4, so I was wondering if I need a transit visa in my case, help me please !

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

airport to buckingham palace

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Im arriving at 11;00 am on a weekday, assuming the flight is on time, going thru immigraton, leaving my luggage at the left luggage section, do I have enougjt time taking the tube or shuttle or bus, to be at Buckingham palace road visitor center no later than 2;30, , if not, is UBER cheaper than a reqular taxi, ? are they safe and reliable ?
      2 travelers just carry on luggage thanks for the advice /suggestion

more
    • CONNECTING BA TO AIR FRANCE

by JoaoM19 Online Now Yesterday

I'll be flying BA from Mumbai to Heathrow (T5) and I have 2 hours and 20 minutes to go through immigration, collect my bags, customs and recheck my baggage at the Air France counter in T4. Is that sufficient time to do this?

Another question: Do you know if there is an interline agreement between BA and AF? I´ll be flying on two different tickets but it would make my life much easier if I could check my bags through to my final destination...

Thanks for your help.

10 Answers 16 hours ago
    • heathrow airport

by luvmyhonda Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 1:40 AM

i arrive heathrow from usa and connecting flight is out of gatwick, i assume i have to go through customs, correct since I am leaving the heathrow airport. If i am correct, where do I go for customs at heathrow.

11 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 11:58 PM
    • Heathrow connection

by Cox777 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I am a U.S. Citizen. I have a connecting flight from Budapest to Heathrow back to the U.S. Do I have to clear anything or go back thru screening or anything? Or do I just get to the next gate. It is the same airline all the way, American Airlines. Thank you.

4 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    • Heathrow T3

by PenThom33 Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Hi I'm arriving from America in October - arriving at T3. I need to collect luggage, head through security and head to the Heathrow express to Paddington and then catch subway Kings Cross then train to Leeds. Its cheaper to book an advanced single ticket to Leeds but need to know how much time to allow so I can book a fixed time. Any ideas?

5 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 11:35 PM
    • How long to clear terminal 5 customs?

by benrt Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi, I'm travelling from Bangkok, Thailand, tomorrow and land at 18:30 terminal 5. Any idea how long it will take to get to the train station with customs etc..? Many thanks

2 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 5:19 PM
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

airport to buckingham palace

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Im arriving at 11;00 am on a weekday, assuming the flight is on time, going thru immigraton, leaving my luggage at the left luggage section, do I have enougjt time taking the tube or shuttle or bus, to be at Buckingham palace road visitor center no later than 2;30, , if not, is UBER cheaper than a reqular taxi, ? are they safe and reliable ?
      2 travelers just carry on luggage thanks for the advice /suggestion

18 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 5:00 AM
    • luggage and connection.

by A..R Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 4:48 AM

I will be returning from San Francisco to LHR to connect to Manchester. I have 1hr to get my connection. Do I have to pick up my luggage first or will it go directly to Manchester? my flights are with BA. I know 1hr is a bit tight but I am not to bothered if i miss the connection and end up on another flight as it is my return journey.

5 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • 1 hour transfer

by scooneyotm Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 8:08 AM

I am booked from Glasgow to Toronto British Airways I only have 1hour to get off and find my connecting flight? It is in the same Terminal. Will I have to run with my two kids to make it?

9 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 6:35 AM
    • Transit Visa

by doodoo1409 Online Now Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I am an Indian citizen travelling to USA from Mumbai. I am flying first time on U.S. student visa via London through British Airways. I am landing on terminal 5 heathrow and will require to move to terminal 3 for my next flight of British Airways to Chicago. My layover in London is 18 hours. I want to know if any transit visa is required. It is be noted that I have throughout ticket to Chicago through British Airways.

1 Answer Aug 18, 2015 at 2:51 AM
    • Is a 2 Hour connection time (arrival and departure both from T5) sufficient ?

by pranshujoshi Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I will have a 2 hour 10 minute connection time between my flights (both of them arriving/departing T5). I will be traveling with an infant, will be on Business Class tickets (not sure if LHR Fast Track is any help?). Is this doable?

BA-143 DEL to LHR and BA-193 LHR to DFW. (It seems these flights will undergo a schedule change from their current timing which allows a fair connection time to a new time which makes this connection tricky for me)

2 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 11:06 AM
    • Is there a hotel at Heathrow I can meet my boyfriend at?

by Crystalgirl79 Online Now Aug 16, 2015 at 7:59 AM

My boyfriend has an Indian passport and a USA 2 year visa, he is going through Heathrow on his way to USA. I am a British citizen. I don't think his ticket allows him to enter the UK, though I have heard it is at the immigration officer'a discretion. So is there anywhere I can meet him in the airport as a British citizen not travelling ? I can't work out if any of the hotels will allow me in without a ticket and him without a British visa.

7 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM
    • Heathrow to Queens Road Peckham transport?

by ajorlj Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I will be traveling with my sister from the US on American Airlines with an 11:15 arrival time at Heathrow. We will both have a rolling carry-on suitcase and a tote bag. I have a chronic back problem that means I need to avoid trying to carry my bag up stairs as much as possible. I'm familiar with the tube and the Heathrow Express, but I'm wondering if it would be easier to take the National Express coach to Victoria and then a bus to Queens Road Peckham where our B&B is located. If so, should I buy tickets now (are they cheaper or do seats fill up?), and how long should I allow from landing to the NE departure? We are both close to 60 years old and will have been traveling for about 36 hours so I'm just trying to plan ahead.

7 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    • Is 2 hours enough to arrive from a uk flight and into another internationally flight to the US?

by tt8001 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM

I am planning to arrive from Edinburgh to Heathrow at 8:05am on a Thursday. Then I have to make it to my international flight to San Francisco at 10:25am. Both flights are in terminal 2. I might need to pick up luggage also. If I just have a carry-on, can I bypass the arrival and go to the connecting flight area? I want to make this work, but is it just too tight and I risk missing my SF flight? The flights are on different itineraries. Thanks!

8 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM
    • Going from Heathrow Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 without connecting flight ticket?

by luvlylisa Online Now Aug 8, 2015 at 6:31 AM

Hi! I am arriving very early in the morning on a flight into LHR Terminal 3 (Virgin Atlantic from the US) and have a United Club pass that I would like to use (breakfast and shower) before heading into London. This lounge is in Terminal 2. I do not have a connection, simply want to go eat and freshen up first after a long international flight. Question is: Can I go to terminal 2 from terminal 3, or will I have already gone through airport security/customs and not be allowed into terminal 2 as I no longer will have a ticket for that day? Also, I can't seem to find a map that shows how to walk from terminal 3 to 2--there is reference to a connection shuttle but again I am not connecting so I think I would need a ticket for that. Thanks!!!

11 Answers Aug 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    • Do I need a transit visa for changing terminals ?

by lidell220 Online Now Aug 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Hi everyone, i'm a moroccan travelling to the us and for my departure, i'm going to make a stop at heathrow and change terminals from T3 to T4, so I was wondering if I need a transit visa in my case, help me please !

13 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    • Stay in terminal 3=going through security again??

by laniskyemom Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM

We have a short layover at Heathrow. We are arriving from the USA on British Airways in terminal 3 and departing for Prague from terminal 3 in an hour and 20 minutes on British Airways. Will we have to go through security again? If so, will we have enough time? We don't travel until November so we do have time to reschedule out flights if this is going to be a problem. (I have heard horror stories about Heathrow from many of my friends.)

4 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 12:28 PM
    • Connection times

by suzichung Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I arrive at Heathrow from Lisbon at 10:20 in the morning on TAP Portugal. Have a 1:00 PM flight on Delta from Heathrow to Los Angeles. Will this be enough connection time to get through Customs, Security, etc? Thanks for anyone's help!

5 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 11:52 AM
    • Transit Visa

by rsharma22 Online Now Jul 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

This is in continuation to my earlier question answered by you. My airlines says that I need to check in the baggage again(though I will be having hand baggage only).
      So the facts are that
      1. I am Indian citizen having a valid canada visa
      2. will need to change terminals 2 to 4 for taking the connecting air canada flight. (Air india and air canada flight tickets booked on same ticket with a time gap of 3 hrs)
      3. Airlines say that I need to check in the baggage again (though I will be having hand baggage only).

So what do you suggest should I get the transit visa and which type

1 Answer Jul 30, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    • transit visa

by rsharma22 Online Now Jul 30, 2015 at 7:28 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      I have a valid visa for canada. Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type? I aso have following queries: while changing the terminals in heathrow ie from terminal 2 to 4 will i be leaving the airport, will i be aiside or landside and will i be crossing uk border.

3 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 12:40 PM
    • transit visa

by rsharma22 Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type?

5 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 2:41 AM
    • Surprising Boyfriend

by Monique.Rees1989 Online Now Jul 27, 2015 at 4:54 AM

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend is flying in from Australia and landing in Heathrow at 6am on Wednesday and then flying to Amsterdam at 3pm that afternoon. I'm flying into Heathrow tomorrow night and sleeping in arrivals so I can surprise him when he lands. I am now worried that he won't need to go through customs and go through arrivals. The second flight to Amsterdam isn't on the same ticket as his original flight so does it count as a connecting flight? Or will he have to go out through customs before he catches his next flight?

Cheers, Monique :-)

9 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 3:07 PM
    • Time to get thru customs

by JanE2045 Online Now Jul 20, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Does anyone know approximate time it takes to get through customs on a Sun. morning in August in Terminal 2?

5 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 1:40 AM
    • Hire car parking

by Madness85 Online Now Jul 5, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Hi,
      I am picking my girlfriend up from heathrow at the end of the month, I wanted to be fully prepared so have booked my hire car and was about to book the short stay parking to tick another thing off my list of things to do.
      The parking site says that registration is important due to number plate recognition......but I won't be picking the car up until the day before, less than 24 hours before I wish to park. Is there any way around having to provide my registration when booking? If not, is it possible to book the parking less than 24 hours before? I plan on parking up at roughly 8am and will be receiving the car 3pm the day before.
      Ive never driven to heathrow to pick anyone up or drop them off. Only when flying as a kid. I suffer from anxiety hence why I want to try and book everything in advance for peace of mind.

Any help advice etc will be massively appreciated.

17 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 11:29 PM
    • 11 hour layover

by SamirY1 Online Now Jul 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Hi , i am traveling from ottawa canada to beirut . i arrive at T2 and my next flight is at T3 , my layover is around 11.5 hours and i wanted to know if i need to check out my bags and recheck them in for my next flight, and are there any lounges where i can sleep at ?

5 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    • Transit from Heathrow while flying from Dublin to Delhi

by nitesh41 Online Now Jul 3, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi, 

I want to travel from Dublin to Delhi by British Airways. I am an Indian passport holder currently in Ireland on Work Permit. I have Irish GNIB card. I need to Change terminal from T5 to T2 for connecting flight. Do I need transit visa in this case?

Thanks !!

Regards, Nitesh

2 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 10:28 AM
    • Transit on a South African Passport

by Nardene Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 3:25 AM

My client is traveling from South African to Canada via Heathrow. They will be changing terminals during this flight. Will they require a transit via or any other type of visa

2 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 10:27 AM
    • 7 hours to fill in

by Kezza49 Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 10:24 PM

We are flying into Heathrow, landing at 13:50hrs and flying out again at 21:10 giving us approximately 7 hours to fill in. I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 2?

11 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 12:26 AM
    • 2.5 hours to get to Terminal 4 from Terminal 5 ?

by LeahW45 Online Now Jun 26, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Hi, we're flying in to Terminal 5 from Geneva (British Airways) and flying out from terminal 4 to KL (Malaysia Airlines)... Any thoughts on the ability of doing this in 2.5 hours ? I know the bare minimum is 90 mins... but that doesn't even include dealing with picking up and re-checking in our luggage, which I assume, we'll have to do...

11 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM
    • transit visa

by agnigi Online Now Jun 22, 2015 at 3:44 AM

I would like to fly by BA from Turkey to US I am a Turkish citizen in case of having lay over time for 3-7 hours at Heathrow-London do I need to have a transit visa ?

6 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 10:47 PM
    • Is 90 minutes enough time between landing at T3 and departing from T5?

by Dubzau Online Now May 24, 2015 at 2:08 AM

I'll start by saying that for me it wasn't. My airline's reservation staff in Australia booked a flight from me and my brother to Croatia via London, so I assumed I had enough time. We were trying to visit our father who was critically ill in hospital. The inbound flight landed at 6:55am and the outbound was due to depart at 8:30am. We didn't deplane for almost 15 minutes after landing. I now know that the average shuttle bus trip time including waiting is 20 minutes, but at that time there was a huge queue, and it took us over 30 minutes. So with all the walking and the bus trip, we didn't get to the "ready to board" desk in T5 until 7:55 - about 45 minutes all up - and we were refused entry. We still had multiple security stages to get thru, and boarding closes at 8:10 due to having to catch a shuttle bus to the plane, which takes about 5 minutes. We only made it to the boarding pass checking desk by 7:55 by running and jumping queues once we got into T5, so I don't think we were given anywhere near enough time, but my airline refused to take any responsibility and we had to stay a night in London (we had to pay for the hotel ourselves), which proved to be decisive in terms of why we were in a hurry to get to Croatia.

18 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 10:44 AM