Travel Answers
Heathrow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transfer at T2: Do i need to go through border control (immigration control)

by skyblue_9 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I'm Vietnamese citizen and I've a german permanent residence permit. I'm flying with BA from Munich, Germany to Seoul, Southkorea via London. My inbound flight will arrive at terminal 5 and outbound flight will also depart at T5. Do I have to pass through the border control or Immigration control. Do you know if I need a Transit visa?

thank you very much in advance for your answer!

more
    • Short Transit

by EC120 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I,m traveling from Milan to Heathrow with my wife she is continuing on after our arrival but I,m staying in London. Her flight does not depart for three hours after our arrival, can she get through customer as I need to exit to collect luggage so I can't stay airside. Are there any other options ?

more
    • Security clearance time

by LyndaACochrane Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I am travelling on a domestic flight from Hrathrow T5 to Edinburgh next week at about 5pm. How long is security clearance taking at the moment?

more
    • Baggage transfer

by markjj2503 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM

If I buy a ticket from leeds to Hong Kong via Heathrow will my luggage be transferred automatically between flights. The leeds flight lands at terminal 3 and the hong kong flight leaves from terminal 5.

more
    • Heathrow in the evening - Passport Control

by travelUSA12 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I will be arriving into Heathrow Terminal 1 at 8:10 PM (20:10 PM). How long should I plan to clear passport control? I am not a European citizen.

more
    • Wheelchair assistance

by Kriti9 Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I have been told that wheelchair assistance can only be obtained at a counter in the landing area, not brought directly to the plane. Does anyone have experience with requesting a wheelchair at Heathrow? I will be arriving on a Delta flight from the US. Thanks, Kriti9

more
    • daisy1970's Profile Photo

Check in at Heathrow T2

by daisy1970 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM

With the new guidelines for electronics and flying to the US, should we allow more than three hours to be at heathrow before flight or three hour window sufficient?

more
    • britpete's Profile Photo

Arrival time

by britpete Online Now 10 hours ago

Our flight to Shanghai, leaves T4, at 22:35 on the 22nd of September, what time should we arrive there?

more
    • Transferring at Heathrow Terminal 2 / need to go through passport control?

by larryabramson Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM

GF is a Thai citizen with a US 10 year visa. Flying TG to Heathrow Terminal 2, one hour layover and then on to Air Canada also flying from Terminal 2. Single ticket, baggage checked through. Does she need to go through passport control, or can she stay airside?

more
    • Different arrival times.

by mccalljk Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM

We are travelling with a group of people and are arriving at different times to Heathrow..my question is.. where is the best place to wait for someone 3 hours after you arrive? We arrive at terminal 3 and they arrive terminal 1?

more
    • Arriving Heathrow 7:00am T4--how busy is it and best way to get to T1

by ShannonSchanze Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Hi--
      My daughter and I are arriving Heathrow T4 at 7:00 am; no checked luggage but have a separate (not through-ticket) flight to Edinburgh from T1. I didn't realize we needed so much time to transfer and we only have 2:15 minutes to transfer, and now I am panicking in reading these posts...
      How busy is Heathrow at 7? I know we have to go through immigration control and then go out to get transportation to T1; we will be sitting near the front of the plane and should be able to get off fairly quickly.
      We are flying in on Delta and our Edinburgh flight is Virgin Atlantic (they are partners now), but booked separately.
      Even though not officially "connecting"--if we have no luggage and are checked in and have a boarding pass can we get on the connector busses? . or do we need to get on the Heathrow express?
      Thank you for any advice in navigating this as quickly as possible.

more
    • Metting family in Layover time

by ank8921 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hi,

My sister is travelling from USA to Mumbai via London. She has a layover of 6 hrs at Heathrow airport. I would love to meet her as i haven't meet her from last 3 years. She cannot come out as he does not a UK VISA. Will it be possible for me to meet her some how. I am allowed to meet the passenger during their layover time inside the airport ? Please let me know its very important and urgent.

Thank you

more
    • Mother traveling with child

by olimpic10 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM

what do I need at the airport when I travel with one or both of my children? Do I need some sort of letter from my husband that he is OK for me to travel with them?

more
    • Overnight Wait... What to do?

by AsgardGirl Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 6:58 AM

My flight leaves Heathrow at 12:15 on Sunday, and the only coach service available to me will get me to Heathrow at 23:35 the night before. I really don't want to have to pay for a hotel if I can help it. What should I do? How early can I check in for my flight and go through security?

more
    • Long layover options

by Wordgoddess Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I arrive at terminal 3 from the US at 9 am and leave from terminal 5 at 4:50 for Madrid. What options do I have for such a long layover?

more
    • Can I leave Terminal 5 during my layover for other terminals?

by barbarakavanaugh Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Can I leave Terminal 5 to go to other terminals to access their lounges during my 7 hour layover on BA between Seattle and Cape Town?

more
    • Arrival time

by britpete Online Now 10 hours ago

Our flight to Shanghai, leaves T4, at 22:35 on the 22nd of September, what time should we arrive there?

6 Answers 3 hours ago
    • Transfer at T2: Do i need to go through border control (immigration control)

by skyblue_9 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I'm Vietnamese citizen and I've a german permanent residence permit. I'm flying with BA from Munich, Germany to Seoul, Southkorea via London. My inbound flight will arrive at terminal 5 and outbound flight will also depart at T5. Do I have to pass through the border control or Immigration control. Do you know if I need a Transit visa?

thank you very much in advance for your answer!

2 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM
    • Wheelchair assistance

by Kriti9 Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I have been told that wheelchair assistance can only be obtained at a counter in the landing area, not brought directly to the plane. Does anyone have experience with requesting a wheelchair at Heathrow? I will be arriving on a Delta flight from the US. Thanks, Kriti9

5 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    • Different arrival times.

by mccalljk Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM

We are travelling with a group of people and are arriving at different times to Heathrow..my question is.. where is the best place to wait for someone 3 hours after you arrive? We arrive at terminal 3 and they arrive terminal 1?

7 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 11:35 PM
    • Long layover options

by Wordgoddess Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I arrive at terminal 3 from the US at 9 am and leave from terminal 5 at 4:50 for Madrid. What options do I have for such a long layover?

15 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 6:17 AM
    • Baggage transfer

by markjj2503 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM

If I buy a ticket from leeds to Hong Kong via Heathrow will my luggage be transferred automatically between flights. The leeds flight lands at terminal 3 and the hong kong flight leaves from terminal 5.

4 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • Short Transit

by EC120 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I,m traveling from Milan to Heathrow with my wife she is continuing on after our arrival but I,m staying in London. Her flight does not depart for three hours after our arrival, can she get through customer as I need to exit to collect luggage so I can't stay airside. Are there any other options ?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • Security clearance time

by LyndaACochrane Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I am travelling on a domestic flight from Hrathrow T5 to Edinburgh next week at about 5pm. How long is security clearance taking at the moment?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 1:46 AM
    • Can I leave Terminal 5 during my layover for other terminals?

by barbarakavanaugh Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Can I leave Terminal 5 to go to other terminals to access their lounges during my 7 hour layover on BA between Seattle and Cape Town?

17 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    • daisy1970's Profile Photo

Check in at Heathrow T2

by daisy1970 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM

With the new guidelines for electronics and flying to the US, should we allow more than three hours to be at heathrow before flight or three hour window sufficient?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    • Arriving Heathrow 7:00am T4--how busy is it and best way to get to T1

by ShannonSchanze Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Hi--
      My daughter and I are arriving Heathrow T4 at 7:00 am; no checked luggage but have a separate (not through-ticket) flight to Edinburgh from T1. I didn't realize we needed so much time to transfer and we only have 2:15 minutes to transfer, and now I am panicking in reading these posts...
      How busy is Heathrow at 7? I know we have to go through immigration control and then go out to get transportation to T1; we will be sitting near the front of the plane and should be able to get off fairly quickly.
      We are flying in on Delta and our Edinburgh flight is Virgin Atlantic (they are partners now), but booked separately.
      Even though not officially "connecting"--if we have no luggage and are checked in and have a boarding pass can we get on the connector busses? . or do we need to get on the Heathrow express?
      Thank you for any advice in navigating this as quickly as possible.

7 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM
    • Mother traveling with child

by olimpic10 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM

what do I need at the airport when I travel with one or both of my children? Do I need some sort of letter from my husband that he is OK for me to travel with them?

9 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • Heathrow in the evening - Passport Control

by travelUSA12 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I will be arriving into Heathrow Terminal 1 at 8:10 PM (20:10 PM). How long should I plan to clear passport control? I am not a European citizen.

4 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    • Transferring at Heathrow Terminal 2 / need to go through passport control?

by larryabramson Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM

GF is a Thai citizen with a US 10 year visa. Flying TG to Heathrow Terminal 2, one hour layover and then on to Air Canada also flying from Terminal 2. Single ticket, baggage checked through. Does she need to go through passport control, or can she stay airside?

5 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM
    • Metting family in Layover time

by ank8921 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hi,

My sister is travelling from USA to Mumbai via London. She has a layover of 6 hrs at Heathrow airport. I would love to meet her as i haven't meet her from last 3 years. She cannot come out as he does not a UK VISA. Will it be possible for me to meet her some how. I am allowed to meet the passenger during their layover time inside the airport ? Please let me know its very important and urgent.

Thank you

7 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Overnight Wait... What to do?

by AsgardGirl Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 6:58 AM

My flight leaves Heathrow at 12:15 on Sunday, and the only coach service available to me will get me to Heathrow at 23:35 the night before. I really don't want to have to pay for a hotel if I can help it. What should I do? How early can I check in for my flight and go through security?

11 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 6:32 AM
    • with British Airways 2 hours enough T1 to T3?

by karengoesaway Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hello I have with British Airways (both Flights), I should have 2 hours to "go" from T1 to get the next flight in T3 is this time enough. It is on a Friday in the morning early.

Thanks for answers.

6 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 2:21 AM
    • UK connecting flight after arriving back from US

by Townman9 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM

After a two-week trip to the US, we are flying back to heathrow before connecting with a flight back to Leeds. Will the bags go to the connecting flight or will we have to clear customs at heathrow and then check them in again for the connecting flight?

10 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    • Where do I clear customs

by dwadconte Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Flying from Istanbul to Cork, Ireland through Heathrow. Where will I clear customs?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM
    • fly into Gatwick arriving at 1:oo pm departing next day from Heathroe at 5 pm

by pattieu Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Help....where should we stay in London that will make this as convenient as possible ??? Also transport suggestions......is Waterloo a good spot ????

12 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • ENOUGH TIME

by CURLYMUM75 Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM

HI MY FAMILY OF FIVE ARE TRAVELLING FROM DUBLIN TO LHR AND ARRIVE AT 11.10AM IN TERMINAL 1...WE HAVE A CONNECTIONING INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT FROM TERMINAL 3 AT 1.00PM...WILL THIS BE ENOUG TIME..THANK YOU

6 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • Transit visa

by Srinivaskrishna Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I am flying to New York with spouse and family if two kids. We have valid ten year multiple entry US visas. I gave also a valid schengen visa an diver the years travelled extensively in Europe. My kids have travelled in about sux European countries on a one month vacation.

I gave a five hour transit free time at heathrow, and wanted to meet a cousin and his kids at the airport. They are UK nationals for the last thirty years.

Is there any transit lounge where uk nationals are allowed in ?
      Is there a temporary transit visa fir a couple if hours that is issued girl our family to meet somewhere in a restaurant rica lounge at the airport ?

Just exploring this karst minute idea of catching with the extended family !

5 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM
    • Arriving Terminal 2 Heathrow departing Terminal 5

by TimHaworth Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My wife and I are flying into Heathrow Terminal 2 on United from San Francisco arriving 7:10am. We have a British Airways international flight departing Terminal 5 at 8:30am. I know we are cutting it close, but we had few options. We are not checking baggage and will have only carry-on. Is it possible to avoid customs and stay air-side through this transit? What are our best options? Thanks, Tim

12 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • Time for getting out

by generao Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM

My flight will be landing at terminal 4 at 15:25. I want to catch the national express coach going to Birmingham which will leave at 17:05. This will be my first time going to the airport. I know it will take some time to process the immigration, customs and bag claimings (I am holding a Chinese passport). So I was wondering if this plan works or not? The next coach is at 19:05, sounds a bit pain :(

6 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    • madineg's Profile Photo

Connecting time.

by madineg Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 12:51 AM

I am arriving into Terminal 1 Heathrow with Virgin and have 1 hour 30 minutes before my connecting flight takes off (Virgin again) from Terminal 3. My luggage will be checked right through. Will I have enough time to catch my flight and will my luggage be waiting for me at my final desitination ?

24 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • Do I need to clear immigration?

by msachtravel Online Now May 31, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I am arriving on Singapore Airlines into Terminal 3 and departing in a few hours thereafter on British Airways from Terminal 5. Both are international flights. I will have no baggage to collect (only bringing a hand carry), but will be changing terminals and airlines, and am using two distinct tickets. If I check-in online for my onward BA flight and bring my printed boarding pass with me, will I need to clear immigration at Heathrow?

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • immigration & customs

by donval Online Now May 29, 2014 at 2:14 AM

how long does it take to go through customs and immigration from the u.s.a

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • Heathrow express

by Texpatbrit Online Now May 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Hi we arrive from the USA on British Airways at 7.30am. We have a 10.30 am appt. at the U.SEmbassy. and intend catching the Heathrow Express. We have British passports and are wondering how long we would be in immigration? Is is manageable? There are no afternoon appointments available :/

5 Answers May 29, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    • Connecting from T5 to T3

by prafulla90 Online Now May 23, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Hi, i have booked a through flight from Bangalore to Indianapolis (USA) on British Airways. My first stop over is at London. My flight arrives London on T5 Heathrow. My next flight, again British Airways, leaves from T3 Heathrow 4.5 hours later. Will i need a transit VISA for this? Thank you very much in advance.

3 Answers May 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • connection timing

by santpal Online Now May 23, 2014 at 12:28 AM

I am arriving lhr by aer lingus from Dublin at 615pm and have connecting flite to Bangkok bt thai airways leaving lhr at 9pm do I have enough time to connect terminal change ? and can I check my bags thru to bkk at Dublin airport
      thanks

1 Answer May 23, 2014 at 5:14 AM