Heathrow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• UK Transit visa

by binga123 Online Now Dec 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM

If I have a UK Transit visa and my layover is around 30 hours at Heathrow. Can i go outside Airport and meet my friends?

more
    • Layover at LHR

by santiagohy Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I will be arriving at Heathrow from Mexico City at 16:15 on Apr. 27 (T4), I need to catch a flight the following day to Istanbul (departing from T2) and I have two options: 6:55 or 11:55, I'd rather prefer to take the first one, to gain time before arriving to Turkey, my point is that I was planning to sleep at Yotel in T4 and then move the next day to T2 in the early morning, at what time does the Heathrow Express starts working? (or can I walk between these two terminals?), because I need to be at Turkish Airlines counter at 5:00 the latest, could someone help me please?, I could find any schedule online...

more
    • Getting from the central bus station to terminal 4

by Garyplymouthuk Online Now Jan 12, 2015 at 2:52 AM

Hi everyone, i am looking for an idiot proof guide for getting from the central bus station to terminal 4, bearing in mind i have never used the tube before etc, cheers in advance for all the help :)

more
    • Has anyone used Serviced Room?

by anky24 Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 1:40 AM

Hi, I am looking for 2 months accomdation near Heathrow and have found serviced room co uk company offering rooms near terminal 4 , Let me know if anyone have used them before.

more
    • Will I need a Direct Airside Transit Visa to transfer from T4 to T5

by PatriciaEncarnacion Online Now Jan 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Hi, I am a Philippine passport holder traveling to Heathrow airport, arriving at terminal 4 and with a connecting flight at terminal 5 to Toulouse, France. I am a Schengen Visa holder as well. I would just like to ask if I will still need a Direct Airside Transit Visa to transfer terminals even if I don't have baggage to claim upon arrival at terminal 4 since both bags are carry-ons. Tickets were booked separately though so I do not have a through-ticket. Thanks!

more
    • Transferring between T2 and T5

by sarahcj Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM

My friend is arriving at T2 (from Frankfurt) and departing for the US from T5 - different airlines and not through ticketed, as far as I can tell. So she's going to have to pick up her luggage, transfer terminals and check in. She only has two and a half hours to do so. And she's a US citizen, so presumably might be held up at immigration.
      Is this an impossible schedule? As she's transiting the airport, is there some simpler quicker way to do this than going through immigration and customs as a normal arriving passenger would, before she transfers terminals?

more
    • Transfer from T5 to T3

by lelici Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Hi, we will leave from Dusseldorf with BA and arrive at T5 at 7.50AM.
      We have to transfer to T3 to catch our flight to Dallas which leaves at 9.30 AM: also BA but operated by American Airlines.
      When we booked this flight it said on the website this flight was operated by BA aswell, so we thought we could stay in T5, and 1 hour 40 min would be plenty off time!
      However checking the BA website later we found out this flight is operated by AA, and we have to transfer to T3.
      I'm very worried we won't make this transfer.
      Would anyone be so kind to explain us, maybe step by step, what's the fastest way to go to T3?
      Do i realy need to worry, or is 1 hour 40 min enough time?
      Thank you for your time and help!

more
    • Transferring between T2 and T5

by sarahcj Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM

My friend is arriving at T2 (from Frankfurt) and departing for the US from T5 - different airlines and not through ticketed, as far as I can tell. So she's going to have to pick up her luggage, transfer terminals and check in. She only has two and a half hours to do so. And she's a US citizen, so presumably might be held up at immigration.
      Is this an impossible schedule? As she's transiting the airport, is there some simpler quicker way to do this than going through immigration and customs as a normal arriving passenger would, before she transfers terminals?

8 Answers 21 hours ago
    • Has anyone used Serviced Room?

by anky24 Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 1:40 AM

Hi, I am looking for 2 months accomdation near Heathrow and have found serviced room co uk company offering rooms near terminal 4 , Let me know if anyone have used them before.

7 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    • Will I need a Direct Airside Transit Visa to transfer from T4 to T5

by PatriciaEncarnacion Online Now Jan 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Hi, I am a Philippine passport holder traveling to Heathrow airport, arriving at terminal 4 and with a connecting flight at terminal 5 to Toulouse, France. I am a Schengen Visa holder as well. I would just like to ask if I will still need a Direct Airside Transit Visa to transfer terminals even if I don't have baggage to claim upon arrival at terminal 4 since both bags are carry-ons. Tickets were booked separately though so I do not have a through-ticket. Thanks!

7 Answers Jan 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM
    • Transfer from T5 to T3

by lelici Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Hi, we will leave from Dusseldorf with BA and arrive at T5 at 7.50AM.
      We have to transfer to T3 to catch our flight to Dallas which leaves at 9.30 AM: also BA but operated by American Airlines.
      When we booked this flight it said on the website this flight was operated by BA aswell, so we thought we could stay in T5, and 1 hour 40 min would be plenty off time!
      However checking the BA website later we found out this flight is operated by AA, and we have to transfer to T3.
      I'm very worried we won't make this transfer.
      Would anyone be so kind to explain us, maybe step by step, what's the fastest way to go to T3?
      Do i realy need to worry, or is 1 hour 40 min enough time?
      Thank you for your time and help!

9 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • Getting from the central bus station to terminal 4

by Garyplymouthuk Online Now Jan 12, 2015 at 2:52 AM

Hi everyone, i am looking for an idiot proof guide for getting from the central bus station to terminal 4, bearing in mind i have never used the tube before etc, cheers in advance for all the help :)

3 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • UK Transit visa

by binga123 Online Now Dec 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM

If I have a UK Transit visa and my layover is around 30 hours at Heathrow. Can i go outside Airport and meet my friends?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • Layover at LHR

by santiagohy Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I will be arriving at Heathrow from Mexico City at 16:15 on Apr. 27 (T4), I need to catch a flight the following day to Istanbul (departing from T2) and I have two options: 6:55 or 11:55, I'd rather prefer to take the first one, to gain time before arriving to Turkey, my point is that I was planning to sleep at Yotel in T4 and then move the next day to T2 in the early morning, at what time does the Heathrow Express starts working? (or can I walk between these two terminals?), because I need to be at Turkish Airlines counter at 5:00 the latest, could someone help me please?, I could find any schedule online...

3 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 4:00 PM
    • Transfer between Heathrow Central and Terminal 4

by gianmarcorizzo Online Now Dec 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hello, i will be catching the N9 bus from Central London to Heathrow central Bus Station aiming to arrive around 5:45am. I will then need to get to Terminal 4. Is the free Heathtrow Express shuttle only Free to those who connect from other Heathrow Express services or anyone who wishes to use it. Thank You

2 Answers Dec 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Is 90 min enough for check in?

by annna2014 Online Now Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hello, I am traveling from Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5 on sunday, and first train leaves at 6,25. My flight is at 8,25 (European), is it enough time to check in and pass security?
      Thanks

12 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • Do i need a transit visa?

by 2marjhel4 Online Now Dec 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I have a philippine passport and a valid irish visa. I booked a through-ticket flight via etihad which requires me to stay at heathrow for less than 3 hours while waiting for my connecting flight. I will be arriving by terminal 4 and departing by terminal 2 on my way to ireland. Will i be needing a transit visa?

7 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • Visitor visa for transit?

by mayuresh_pai Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi I have a visitor visa for uk. Is that okay to transit Heathrow with ?

8 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    • What's the fastest airside method for transferring from terminal 3 to 4?

by sskoparkar Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have a Virgin Atlantic - Delta code share flight arriving from Bombay to LHR terminal 3 and LHR - Detroit (USA) from terminal 4 since Delta is in terminal 4. I have a valid US visa so I "think" I can transit airside without a transit visa even if I am an Indian passport holder and not in the DATV list . See: gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...
      Question is what is the best way to connect between terminal 3 and 4 without picking the wrong train, subway, etc. ?

5 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    • Time between non connecting flights

by 0sd0 Online Now Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling from New Zealand to Dublin via LAX and heathrow. I've booked from NZ to heathrow on Air New Zealand, arriving at 10.40am. As they don't fly all the way to Dublin I will be booking the last leg on a different airline and will need to transfer my luggage. How long should I allow between the flights?

Thanks for your advice!

5 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM
    • Healthrow Airport Hotel in Terminal - not going through immigration

by joyonvirtualtourist Online Now Nov 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a 15 hours transit and have a schengen visa so won't be able to go through immigration. Is there a hotel in the terminal I can book?

Thank you for your help.

12 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    • manosbar's Profile Photo

Terminal 5 Connection Time - Is it enough?

by manosbar Online Now Nov 21, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Hello everyone,

I am wondering whether 65 minutes are enough time to make a connection in Terminal 5. I will fly from ATHens to London Heathrow and then to Washington DC. That means that I won't have to pick up any luggage, but I will probably need to go to one of the shuttle buildings for my departure gate. However, I read that I have to be at my boarding gate 20 minutes before the flight!

That leaves 45 minutes for me to get off the plane, security check, go to boarding gate! I have already started running!! Too worried! frown

Thanks!

12 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • Connection time

by tpn12 Online Now Nov 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking at flying MEL-DUB then LHR-MEL and the cheapest option seems to be a return MEL-LHR with Qatar Airlines and then buying a separate LHR-DUB flight with Aer Lingus. I will be arriving in Terminal 4 at 12:25 and have to fly from Terminal 2 at 14:20. I was just wondering if that will leave me enough time to pick up my luggage, clear customs, check-in and make the Aer Lingus flight?

Any insights would be helpful. Also, I land on the 21st December, will the pre-Christmas rush affect me at all?

5 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    • Ukrainian Passport. Do I need a visa?

by walking.dexter Online Now Nov 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Hello All,

I have Ukrainian passport. I am traveling from Warsaw, Poland to New York, USA on tourist visa B2 through Heathrow airport.
      On my way to US I arrive in terminal 3 and depart on terminal 3, so I guess I'm good.
      But on my way back to Poland, I need to change terminals - land in terminal 5 and leave from terminal 3 (2 hours layover).
      Is there any UK border control or something like that between these two terminals? I'm worried that I need a transit visa.
      Please advise.

Thank you,
      Mike

7 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • How long from plane to coach at terminal 4 Heathrow

by Hulsey1 Online Now Nov 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Is an hour long enough from the time of landing to catch a national express coach at Heathrow terminal 4?

8 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • transit visa

by paul_2 Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi, I'm from China and going to Norway with a Schengen visa.
      Three hours after arriving at terminal 5, I am departing at terminal 5 to Norway.
      Do I need transit visa?

15 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • From japan

by NinoP Online Now Oct 10, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Hi I'm a Japanese I got permanent residence in UK but at the border i got tourist visa? what i do is it bad or it is OK

7 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • Time from touchdown to airport exit

by Hawkjay Online Now Oct 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Arriving 10.05 Sunday from LAX.How long will passport and luggage reclaim take?

8 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    • Meeting at Heathrow

by Jeniafrica Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I am meeting up with my sister and nephew at Heathrow for holiday in London. I am flying from Africa to Terminal 5 and they arrive from US Terminal 3. I arrive one hour ahead. Do I have to claim my luggage in terminal 5, or can I meet them and we process through immigration and customs together?

4 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • Dublin to the US with a long layover in Heathrow.

by Ezekielsmom Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I am hoping to fly from Dublin to LAX late December and all the best flights seem to have a long layover in Heathrow. Can I leave the airport during this time? What happens to customs as these happen in Dublin if you are flying to the States from there?

4 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    • How much time is needed to get through Heathrow Terminal 5

by KarasB Online Now Sep 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Hi all,

I have planned a trip from Denver to Glasgow, and am connecting on the return flight through Heathrow, Terminal 5.

Our flight time was changed after we bought our tickets, and now I'm worried we may not have enough time to connect. The airline's website says that 60 minutes is the minimum time needed to connect, and we will have 1 hr, 35 mins (assuming, of course, that everything runs on time). 

Our schedule looks like this:

Tuesday, Sept 23, Glasgow to London, Arrive 14:00

We'll need to connect to our final flight, which leaves at 15:35, same terminal. 

I flew thorugh Heathrow last year from Marseilles, and then connected through a different terminal. I recall it took a really long time and involved a lot of walking and a shuttle, and then a long line through the connections line. Is 1 hr 35 mins a realistic time to connect within Terminal 5? We initially had more time before our flight time got changed. 

Thank you so much!

Jennifer 

8 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    • meeting points

by NancyH17 Online Now Sep 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I am arriving at Terminal 4. My friend is arriving at Terminal 3. Where should we meet to board the Heathrow Express?

3 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    • Leaving the aiport between connecting flights.

by Mossa20 Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Hi All, I need to meet someone in heathrow when i connect between flying from Stockholm and then out again to hong kong. The flight from stockholm comes into terminal 5 though and then i need to leave from Terminal 3.

What is the best way to do this,? Its all Oneworld alliance airlines so i don't need to worry about baggage but i don't know if its easier to leave the airport at T5 then meet before going to T3. Or can i just get the transfer bus from T5 to T3 and then leave the airport? I have about 2 hours between the flights so its a bit tight timing wise. Thoughts?
      Thanks!

7 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • How much time from landing to luggage pickup at T2

by glr Online Now Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM

My lovely bride and I are traveling from Dulles, DC to T2 on United. We plan to arrive this Wednesday at 6:30AM. I am uncertain what tasks lay ahead but passing through immigration and retrieving our checked luggage is on the list.

We intend to use Greentomatocars who will charge for waiting past 30 minutes.

Finally, to my question...how much time should we allow from touchdown to baggage pickup to estimate when we would be ready to continue our journey?

31 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • International arrival at Term2 for connecting flight Term1

by Retiredtraveller Online Now Sep 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I cannot seem to find the pedestrian link between above terminals on any map, it would appear that you walk down from Term 2 Level arrivals to ground floor and follow the purple signs to Term 1 Level 1 departures?

3 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 12:45 AM
    • Traveling to UK with British children and Egyptian wife

by Aboulteet Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 4:18 AM

My children and I have UK passports and are travelling to UK with their mother who is Egyptian.can she accompany us through the UK and eu passport section?

5 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    • Transit Visa Requirements

by quicksand32 Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Hi, I am travelling from USA to Mumbai India with a 2hr stopover at Heathrow Airport to connect to my next flight. I do not have to cross any border control or immigration and my luggage will be checked in to Mumbai, India. I have an Indian passport, and an EAD (I-765) /AP (I-512) from USCIS/Department of Homeland Security and I797 (H1B approval). I am travelling back to my home country with a valid Indian passport. Do I really need to get a transit visa for Heathrow and why?

1 Answer Aug 26, 2014 at 7:42 AM