change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Connecting flights at Heathrow T-5

by Drhernes Online Now Yesterday

Hi.
      I'm arriving and departing from Heathrows terminal 5, and I only have 1hr and 35 min layover from Buenos Aires to Oslo. Will I make it? Will this be enough time? What should I expect. The flight arrives at 06:20 in the morning.

Thank you.

5 Answers Yesterday
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

by Riderchap Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM
    • HEATHROW T3

by karankaran-111 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 12:40 AM

I m holding an Indian passport and a valid US M1 Visa .. i am having a 18hrs long layover at London .. DO I need a transit visa to stay inside the airport as well ???? Thanks in advance !!

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • Easter Sunday Travel

by Labellabead Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I have a 7:30 a.m. flight out of Heathrow back to the U.S. on Easter Sunday, April 20. Will I have enough time to process if I arrive at the airport by 5:40 a.m.?

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    • is arrival 2 hours prior to flight sufficient at 7:30am on a wednesday?

by sam777horseyp7 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 3:37 AM

is arrival 2 hours prior to flight sufficient at 7:30am on a wednesday or is it very busy as bag rop opens at 6:30?

13 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

by Warren4950 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

4 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • getting out of airport

by tsidhu007 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi I am Canadian passport holder. i am having my flight through heathrow airport. i am having 8 hrs of wait time between my connecting flight. so can i go out of airport to see my family in between??? and is there any fees i have to pay????

4 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    • Accessing Airport Lounge in Terminal 4 after security clearance in Terminal 4

by teresayee Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Perhaps it sound silly but I hope someone can help me here. I was told that I can access other Terminal Airport Lounge from Terminal 4 AFTER clearing security. For instance, when I'm already through security, can I still leave terminal 4 for terminal 3 lounge? I usually use the MAS Golden Lounge but when I travel with KLM etc, my Priority Pass isn't accepted in Terminal 4, only Terminal 1 & 3, I think. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could clear this confusion for me as it does not really make sense. Thank you!

5 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    • Help with Meeting Point For Family Arriving on 3 Separate BA Flights

by marty.austin Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hello,
      My family will be arriving on 3 different international flights into Heathrow Terminal 5 between 0620 to 0720. When we finish customs and exit, can we wait at the BA Arrivals lounge for our other relatives? Are we able to access the lounge without going through Security again. I have been to the Heathrow website, but I don't find it clearly answering my question?
      I would appreciate any help you can give me.
      Thank you.
      Nana

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Can I (holding uk visa) meet person in transit at heathrow airport

by naveen44.naveenkumar Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 5:07 AM

My brother is flying to US from India and is transiting at Heathrow airport (for 10 hours). He doesn't have a transit visa for UK so i am assuming he cannot come out of airport. Can I (holding uk visa and staying in London) go and meet him for a couple of hours ?

5 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • BA terminal for flights to Switzerland

by chilcoat Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM

what terminal do British airways flights to Zurich leave from

4 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • When to go through customs

by DeeRobinson Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I am flying in to terminal 3 on America Airlines from the USA. I will be catching a connecting flight to Budapest on British Airways, also in terminal 3. Will I need to go through customs in terminal 3 before I catch my flight to Budapest or do I go through customs once I get to Budapest? Thank you!

9 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    • can passengers in transit come out to land side

by jane-dass Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM

a friend is returning from Prague on saturday and continuing on to Australia. she has a 4 hour wait between flights, can she come out to landside for a while and return to airside to board her flight to australia

5 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    • Moving between T3 and T5 for receiving family

by gowdamadhu Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Hi,

My family is arriving at T5. I am arriving at T3 of LHR for assist them.

Plan is I will go to T5 wait for their arrival and all of us will come to T3 to fly with same flight.

All are residents of Finland, which I am aware there is no need of Transit Visa for connecting in LHR and I have travelled couple of times via LHR.

Now I am not having onward connecting flight boarding pass for T5 flight connections, but I want to assist my family
      from T5. Will Passport control have any restrictions for this case ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

10 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    • Visa needed?

by Pat_Fiji Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I'm from Fiji but have a Swedish permanent residency card. I will travel from Fiji to Sweden, but I have to collect my bag and check in again for the flight to Sweden. Do I need a visa to go through immigration to check in my bag again?

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • Our Party Arrives Different Terminals - Must meet up to catch ground transport - Customs?

by Shopaholic801 Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Group 1 (4 people) arrive from US in Terminal 1. We are to get to Terminal 4 to meet Group 2 that is arriving from US an hour later, where we will all pick up pre-arrange ground transport. So the plan is for Group 1 to claim baggage and take the Heathrow Express to Terminal 4. Two questions: 1) Will Group 1 have to clear customs in Terminal 1, and if so, will they still have access to the Heathrow Express? and 2) Where in Terminal 1 do you recommend that Group 1 and Group 2 try to meet? Thanks!

6 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    • Check in luggage early then visit London

by markieb24 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 5:40 AM

I have a flight leaving Heathrow at 1900 in the evening, but need to travel into London for a 1400 meeting, but dont want to take my suitcases with me. Can I check-in my hold baggage and get my boarding pass at 1200, then travel to London and come back to Heathrow and go through security at 1700?

6 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • flyingforfun's Profile Photo

Airport arrival time for early morning international flight, departuring from Heathrow T1

by flyingforfun Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 3:49 AM

How early should I arrive at Heathrow Airport if I have an international flight to Frankfurt on an early morning weekday in July? The flight will depart from Heathrow T1 at 6:30am and I will not check any luggage.

10 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    • Land at 9:10pm at Heathrow T4, is 1 and a half hours enough to get through border control?

by MJMJMJ666 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Need to know because I want to catch the Tube hour and half after I land and dont want to miss connecting train from St Pancras. I'll have one suitcase to pick up too.

6 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    • T5 arriving on domestic flight can i meet a friend off another domestic flight before connectiion

by QWLaura Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM

My friend and I are arriving at terminal 5 on 2 different domestic flights a half hour apart, can i wait upon landing for them to arrive before going through flight connections to get our international flight, also terminal 5. Or will I have to meet them at the gate.

4 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • Can i collect luggage in T3 and then go to T5 to meet my boyfriend

by Emmabeetrixie Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM

My boyfriend and I are flying to Heathrow on different flights, I am staying in the UK and he will be getting a connecting flight out. I arrived at T3 and he on T5, is it possible for me to collect my luggage, not go through customs, but instead go to T5 to meet him for a few hours before he gets his next flight, meaning me going through customs and declarations at T5?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • Meet a friend Terminal 3

by smartboy12 Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I am an Indian National holding a valid US visa. I arrive @T3 and depart from T3 to the US with a 3 h 45 m Layover. I know that I dont need the airside transit for my connection.

But do I need a transit visa to go to the T3 meeting point, if I need to meet a friend who resides in London.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • Transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow

by Jenn135 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Hello I am traveling to the USA and have to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. I am traveling on British airways from Mauritius. I just wanted to know if I have to pay from the transfer or is it included in the flight ticket price. Thank you.

6 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    • In Transit between Heathrow and Gatwick - Customs Question

by nijas Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hello, we're traveling from the USA to Italy with a connection in London -> landing in Heathrow and changing to Gatwick (7 hours...hoping that is long enough).

We will have merchandise in our checked luggage that I know we have to declare as we clear customs to leave Heathrow/check in at Gatwick. Do we have to pay customs charges as we are not staying in the country? Can anyone point me to documentation or someone to talk to? From what I've read, I think we can declare that we are in-transit and not pay, but it is hard to tell.

Thank you!

8 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM
    • Can I check my luggage in Terminal 1 for a flight in Terminal 5?

by leahcim4 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Hello, I am landing in Terminal 1 using United and I want to check my luggages with British Airways in the same terminal so that I don't lose time transfering between terminals and don't miss the 45min checkin time.
      I would then tranfer to Terminal 5 in-person to catch my flight with BA.

Is it possible to do that? Are luggages for flights in Terminal 5 accepted in Terminal 1?

15 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    • Transfers at Heathrow

by Nsampat Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Transferring from t3 to t1 at Heathrow with only a hand bag, will I need to pass through immigration?. What signs should I follow

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    • Family arriving at two different terminals

by etschmi Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM

We are flying in to Heathrow on two different flights, part of my family is arriving at T5, and the rest at T4. We need to meet up in order to get to our hotel in London together. If we take the bus from T4 to T5 will we be able to meet family inside T5, where we can then catch the tube or Heathrow express together?

8 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • monkeyface1's Profile Photo

Meeting a friend at Terminal 5

by monkeyface1 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I have an American friend arriving at T5 at 7:00 from Mumbai, leaving T5 at 11:00 for Denver. I happen to have a flight scheduled for the same afternoon (13:00) also from T5, but it is a domestic flight. I was thinking of meeting her in the main departure lounge just after the security check point from the ticket counters. I'm not worried about arriving so early for my flight, as I'll check in online, print off my boarding pass, and won't be checking in any bags.

Can anyone advise on the likelihood of being able to meet in the departure lounge? I cannot recall if there is a separate area for international transfers or if she'll have access to the departure lounge at all. If she will have to leave customs anyway to meet me, it may be easier to meet outside of arrivals than trying to find her inside (as she's American she won't need a visa to come landside). However, if there is a separate, smaller customs area for those staying within the airport, than it would make much more sense to meet her after security, in the departure lounge.

Any insight? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • Terminal 1 arrivals/departures

by Cayt Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I shall be arriving in T1 domestic arrivals 2 hours before a friend flies out from T1 domestic departures. Would we be able to meet for a coffee in the departures hall or are the arrivals/departures segregated with our only option to meet somewhere landside?

5 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    • What does it mean when a flight is under Airport Control?

by JBP243 Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 7:00 AM

According to BA Helpdesk, my flight tomorrow to Lyon is under Airport Control, so I can't do online check-in.
      What does Airport Control mean?

3 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 1:52 AM