Heathrow Travel Answers

change location
highlanderexp's Profile Photo

highlanderexp

by highlanderexp Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Will be arriving at Heathrow, and I need to go to the Docklands area for my hotel. The Heathrow Exp doesn't seem to work for me, is it feasable to take the Picadilly line to the Jubilee line with luggage?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Audrey118's Profile Photo

RE: highlanderexp

by Audrey118 Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 7:49 AM

W

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Audrey118's Profile Photo

by Audrey118 Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 7:54 AM

We used both the Hexpress and the Underground for our connection to Bayswater last month.

Both were not the best way to go around with luggages. Somehow the trains and the stations were not designed for travellers with large bags. WE had to juggle around the many flight of stairs - but we survived. But i cannot comment on your destination as we used only the circle line.

most important is to make sure you get on the right side of the platforms.. there are plenty ot travellers using the underground and lots of uniformed workers who are more than willing to answer directions qs. You can buy a Zone 1-zone 6 ticket - weekends have specials otherwise buy off peak from 930am - and the ticket allows you to travel all day and bus as well.

• Drysdale's Profile Photo

by Drysdale Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 7:55 AM

Don't think you can avoid the tube whatever you do - but it's SLOW. Best option with luggage is to change at Green Park where there are escalators rather than stairs. check out www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo

RE: RE: highlanderexp

by BluBluBlu Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 7:56 AM

Luggage is not a problem as the train will be empty when you get on it...its only the changeover to the jubillee that might cause a problem...depends on how much luggage you have & time of day travelling!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines