Heathrow Travel Answers

change location
schollarrose's Profile Photo

Cheap/free parking near Heathrow

by schollarrose Online Now Sep 16, 2005 at 5:01 AM

Hi

Am just about to fly to Germany from Heathrow - I usually always fly from Gatwick & park at Horley!

Is there anywhere nearby Heathrow Airport, say around Feltham or somewhere, that I can leave my car without having to pay the huge fees of the heathrow carparks. Needs to be easy to reach by bus or train from the airport, I guess! Anyone know of any 'safe' sideroads without parking restrictions? I really resent paying £50 odd to leave my car at an airport!! Its an unassuming little car, so doesn't exactly need 24hour surveillance!!!

Thanks!
xxx

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • vichatherly's Profile Photo

RE: Cheap/free parking near Heathrow

by vichatherly Online Now Sep 16, 2005 at 5:21 AM

I parked near Heathrow recently. I drove from the M25 down the M4, took the exit AFTER the Heathrow junction. Went left at the roundabout at the bottom (I think it was signposted Hounslow), then took the next left, just past the pub (on the left). Parked on the street for free. I imagine that you should be able to get a taxi to heathrow from there at the very least. I was lucky cos I was then picked up by a few mates and we took the short ride into heathrow. Also the car was still there when I went back.

Have fun, Vic

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • schollarrose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Cheap/free parking near Heathrow

by schollarrose Online Now Sep 16, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Thanks Vic! Hounslow sounds perfect - there are two tube stations and its on the picadilly line, so sounds like a good plan! Just have to find a street with no parking restrictions and we'll be off!!

:0)

Lisa

• RE: Cheap/free parking near Heathrow

by icowden Online Now Sep 20, 2005 at 1:51 AM

Another alternative is Hampton Hill High STreet, just past the Uxbridge road turn off (heading North) or just before if you're heading south. There is a bus you can get from there straight to Heathrow any time of the day or night, and you can park right by the bus-stop. It's a main road, but a nice one.

Iain

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines