Heathrow Travel Answers

change location
Thenoks's Profile Photo

T1 to T5 connection times

by Thenoks Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I,m new to this site guys and this is my first question so please bear with me.
Ba have recently changed my flight to Las Vegas from Gatwick to Heathrow for whatever reason.I,m on a flight from Dublin which lands at T1 at 14.55 and i need to get over to T5 for a departure at 16.40.Both my flights are with Ba so i dont need to worry about bags and checkin,so could someone maybe who has experienced this or similar give me a rough time it would take and would i make this connection ok.I do understand that my inbound flight could be delayed and it would be hard to give an exact time.I,ve asked Ba for an earlier flight but they say its all they can offer.Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • alyf1961's Profile Photo

Re: T1 to T5 connection times

by alyf1961 Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Hi, If you go on the website below there is a step by step guide to travelling between the terminals with times and directions.
    hope this helps.

www.heathrowairport.com

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Thenoks's Profile Photo

by Thenoks Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Thanks alyf1961 for your reply.Went through that step by step on the Heathrow website.Although i dont have to worry about checkin they say around 90 minutes which leaves me 15 mins to get of one plane and find the gate and board my connection.A little on the tight side.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

by alyf1961 Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 2:51 AM

The 90 minutes they advise will be on the slow side taking into account
    if the airport is busy, so with a bit of luck you'll get through quicker than that. have a good trip :)

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 3:06 AM

It seems a little rushed 105 minutes from ETA to take off. I would certainly be sweating it. If the plane arrives on time it may take up to an hour to get thru customs, then xfer and check in. Why don't you ask BA and get their opinion!

by Thenoks Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Thanks davidjo.I,ve contacted ebookers who i made the booking through and they say Ba advised them that this flight from Dublin gave me time to make my connection.There is a few earlier flights but i,ve been told i would have to pay 163 pound to change.Surely Ba would have did more since none of this is my fault

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I think the 90 minutes quoted is the minimum connection time so you should be able to make it. When you check in explain that you have a tight connection and ask for a seat as close to the front as you can. Read through the Heathrow terminal guide and make sure you know where you are going. And I would highly recommend putting a change of clothes and anything you can't live without in your carryon, if it's a tight connection for you, it's a tight connection for your luggage.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 6:38 AM

This says it takes 16-20 minutes to get between the terminals, 90 minutes is the minimum connection time meaning if your flight is on time and you don't dawdle that you can make it. We made a 90 minute connection once from Chicago-LHR-Bucharest, our luggage wasn't as lucky so I spent my 1st day in shoes I hadn't broken in and a I Love Dracula tshirt. Pack a change of clothes and don't put your comfy shoes in your checked bags :-)

heathrowairport.com/heathrow...

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I have done connections there and never a problem with your time it should be enough. Enjoy the trip

by Thenoks Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Thanks everyone for your help.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Just to reassure: last time I landed at Heathrow with BA (from the US) we were about 30 mins late. Some passengers were on a through ticket with BA, flying on to Germany. They assumed they wouldn't make the connection but were met at the steps by BA staff and, I assume, whisked through to their connecting flight.

Airlines do not allow you to book connection time on through tickets which are not feasible. So I really don't think you need to worry. Imo you have more than enough time anyway (though best wait for a coffee until you are airside in T5!). :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines