Hawkes Bay

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accomodation

Cape Reinga Mar 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Hi there back in 2000 i stayed at a place just before Cape Reinga i think it might have been 20mins before cape reinga but i cant find the place we stayed at and i cant remember the hotel / camping place it had a restaurant and little shop on it and we stayed in like a cabin.

please help :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Shopping sales in AKL

Auckland Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I'll visit AKL next month and I know there are lots of expensive stuff there. I want to know how often do AKL stores (clothes etc) have sales? Every week? Month? Thank you

more

Popular Hawkes Bay Travel Answer Locations

• Best way to get to Napier from Auckland?

Napier May 3, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Hi, I will be in staying in Auckland during the RWC and have tickets to a game in Napier. It seems no trains go to Napier, and as it is during the World Cup, flight prices are ridiculously high. Does anyone have any advice for the best way to get there? From what I've looked into, rental cars or Intercity buses may be the best option. Any suggestions/recommendations?

3 Answers May 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    • Te Mata Peak... where do I start from if i'm going to bike up it?

Napier Jun 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Te Mata Peak... where do I start from if i'm going to bike up it?... Like where do we leave our car? Where does the trail up start for mountainbikers pls?

2 Answers Nov 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    • lauzon's Profile Photo

coming for the world cup

Napier Jan 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM

we are looking for a place to stay. Rent a home for two weeks, Hostel. There will be 5-7 of us all canadian and professionals. If anyone has any tips or good places please let me know.

6 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    • faberina's Profile Photo

One day in Napier

Napier Jan 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Hi all.......we are 4 mature ladies from Oz coming to your part of the world for one day only, off the Sun Princess and are wondering what we can do to fill in the day. We aren't doing any of the ships tours as they are too expensive so we thought we would do our own thing. So now we need to know what are the best things to do. Thanks

7 Answers Jan 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    • winery tour

Napier Aug 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM

We will spend one day in Napier in November on our cruise around NZ. We would like to see a winery or two. What is the best way to get to the wineries -- hiring a car or arranging a tour guide to pick us up?

2 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 12:39 AM
    • Rental car in Napier

Napier Aug 9, 2008 at 6:10 AM

We will be arriving in Napier on the cruise ship Millenium in Novenber. We wish to rent a car for the day while we are in Napier and tour some of the area. Is there a car rental agency in downtown Napier? I have found car rental companies at the airport, but we have no way of getting to the airport. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 1:32 AM
    • darren wong

Napier Jan 14, 2007 at 11:42 PM

ray barker and myself(gerry wade)are trying to find darren wong,darren worked with us at a job in kensington london around 15 years or so, we are going to
      new zealand in sept 07 and would love to meet up with him
      all we know is that he comes from napier and is roughly 35 years old, if anyone
      knows of darren we would be most grateful for any help in finding him
      thank you,ray & gerry

2 Answers Feb 4, 2007 at 6:51 PM
    • pjdubai's Profile Photo

Looking for relatives

Waipawa Oct 28, 2006 at 11:52 PM

I hope someone out there can help me. My father's family originally came from Waipawa, NZ. His parents were Ian Beattie and Myra Beattie. His brother was Donald Beattie...married to Josephine.

I haven't heard from any of the family in 20 years since my father died and I lost touch with home. I now have two children of my own who would like to know more about their heritage so any information on the whereabouts of Donald or Josephine would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is not an appropriate forum but I would be very grateful for any information.

Thank you

• dundalkspur's Profile Photo

getting around in hawkes bay?

Napier Aug 19, 2006 at 12:22 PM

We are coming to visit Hawkes bay ,staying in the Scenic Circle Te Pania Hotel.
      Can we get around the sites and places like HAVELOCK etc by public transport or do we hire a car ?

Also any one reccomend any eateries around the hotel ?

3 Answers Aug 9, 2008 at 6:39 AM
    • Looking for an old friend in New Zealand

Napier Jul 6, 2006 at 1:41 AM

I`m from Germany and I was surching for my old friend Bede Parker. I met Bede 28 years ago while traveling in Asia and lost kontakt. Now I wantet to know what he is doing.

All I found is something about the Bede Parker Memotial Longboard Contest.

Could someone tell me who is the guy this Memotial Longboard Contest is for - and what happened to him?

Is it possible that the Name of this Contest has something to do with the guy I`m looking for? I think his Birthday is on the 4th of July and he should be 51 years by now. He is grown up in Napier and surfing is his life. He was living in Perth in Australia, when I met him.

Please, if anyone knows something about him I would be happy about any Information! As soon as possible! I realy want to know if it ist possible to meet him again.

Or if You have an idea where I could get some Information?
      Thank you very much - greetings from Germany

3 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    • dundalkspur's Profile Photo

transfer from airport to hawkes bay

Napier May 9, 2006 at 11:07 AM

Firstly can any one please tell me how to get from the airport to hawkes bay area?car,taxi,hire car ???????
      We are coming from the uk to lookk at the area any recommendations on where to stay please?

4 Answers May 10, 2006 at 2:55 AM
    • Moving to Napier in February....any advice helpful....jobs, accom...

Napier Jan 12, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Hello everyone out there, well my girlfriend and I are coming to Napier from the US and Canada in early Feb. and we need as much help and advice we can get.
      I have one friend in Napier, but other than that we are just taking our chances that Napier is the place to spend the next year of our lives.
      I was just wondering if anyone knew of good places to look for jobs, and places to live. We both are looking for restauarant, bar, hotel work, and then hopefully a place to live close to our jobs.
      I guess we are looking for the knowledge and advice that all of you have. Please help us, we would really appreciate it!
      Thanks,
      Dusty Wilson and Ashley Steele

5 Answers Jan 18, 2007 at 1:03 AM
    • martin_nl's Profile Photo

Cape Kidnappers

Napier Sep 14, 2003 at 5:54 AM

In February and March I will go to NZ. At the end of February I want to visit Cape Kidnappers to see the Gannet colony. Now for my questions I would like to know how I can get from Taupo to Napier by using public transportation and how much would that cost approx? Also when I'm in Napier, how to get to the colony? Can I only book the tractor tour there, or is it possible to do this on my own? How far away is Cape Kidnappers exactly from Napier? Lots of questions, but I hope you can help me. Martin

6 Answers Oct 1, 2003 at 3:28 AM