Hawick

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public Bus cost

Stornoway Feb 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM

We are arriving via cruise ship to Stornoway next summer, and I was considering using the bus to get to Callanish and the Black House museum. I have a bus schedule, but nowhere can I find cost for the bus. Anybody have a clue?

more
    • Uig ferry/coach connection

Isle of Skye Mar 1, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Freaking out over nothing, but how does the coach connection with the ferry work? I'm travelling from Glasgow to Uig, and the bus gets in 10 minutes before the ferry is due to depart. Do we get time to get our tickets and do we get driven up to the ferry so we can board?
      Being really stupid I know, but thanks!

more
    • kayaking hire

Highland Feb 21, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Hello,
      I'm going to Inverness on March and i would like doing one day of Kayaking on the Lochness.
      Can you give me the price and a location for a tour or a hire for one day (1 person) of kayaking ?
      thank's

more
    • find a tourist guide for the isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Feb 12, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Hello,
      Some body know a tourist guide for the Isle of Skye ?
      if yes, can you give me the coordones from this person ?
      Thank's !

more
    • visit to london and scotland

Scotland Feb 20, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Thanks for answering my question. I have around 10 days for scotland . After reading your answers i feel i should cut down some part from my itinerary. I will be using public transport. Will spend 4 days in london and 2days in manchester before going to scotland. So for 9 days in scotland can i cover Edinburgh, loch lomond, Glasgow and lake district ? What route should I follow to save time. Ill be going back to india from London.

more
    • Flat for rent 8 months in Glasgow

Glasgow Feb 19, 2015 at 8:26 AM

My daughter goes to Robert Gordon University and needs to spend 8 months in Glasgow related to her studies. Can anyone tell me the name of a good internet site or real estate agency that could help us find a place in Glasgow?

more
    • Fort William to Inverness via Isle of Skye

Fort William Feb 8, 2015 at 6:29 PM

We are walking the West Highland Way ending in Fort William. Looking for transportation options to visit Isle of Skye and then go on to Inverness before flying to London then home to Canada I.e. Tour, bus or train - not really wanting to figure out driving on the other side of the road. Although there seem to be options to and from Skye, seems we need a vehicle for flexible exploration?

more
    • visit to london and scotland

Scotland Feb 18, 2015 at 7:00 AM

We are Visiting scotland for the first time and have around 8 days.currently we are pretty confused about what to see and how to plan our tour .we will be in manchester on 20th july and would love to visit loch lomond, Glasgow Edinburgh lake district and inverness if possible. Pl guide about this and also how many days for each spot and what kind of transportation to use.

more
    • chengdu's Profile Photo

Could you please plan a two day trip in Edinburgh for me?

Edinburgh Feb 22, 2015 at 6:38 AM

I will stay in Edinburgh for two and a half days in March. I will stay at a hostel in High Street. I want to visit Scott Monument, Edinburgh Castle, St. Giles' Cathedral, The Palace of Holyroodhouse´╝î Calton Hill, Princess Street, etc. but I do not know what the two day itinerary should be. Could you please give me some advices? Thank you very much.

more
    • Rojo72's Profile Photo

1 week, Edinburgh plus highlands

Scotland Feb 22, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Hello,

I suppose questions like mine have been asked a gazillion times but I'll give it a go anyway. Me and my elderly parents are planning a trip to Scotland. Actually they're counting on me to do the planning and the driving. I guess they'll be in on the "drinking whisky" part though...

So: I'm thinking 2 Days in Edinburgh and then off to see the highlands somehow, I guess by renting a car. Staying in Edinburgh and doing day trips seems like a bad idea both travel-wise and Money.wise.

1. Should we opt for an itiniary that brings us to new places every day or should we choose a base-camp and take day trips from there?
      2. Could I get some advice as to possible base-camp or villages to stay in night-by night if that's better? I've Heard Pitlochry but I don't know...
      3. What should we see and do? The main object is Beautiful scenery, reachable by car. Some pretty villages would be nice. Not so much need for large cities. One or two distilleries, please. Cultural excursions (Castles and such), not very important but I guess one should see at least one?

Some final notes: I've been to Inveraray on a day trip. That was nice, my idea of a pretty village. And my mother is slightly disabled so no hiking will be done and preferably only short walks on well-paved surfaces.

Thanks!
      /Roger

more