Hawaii (State of)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• East or West?

Molokai Feb 18, 2015 at 7:41 PM

I am wondering where you recommend staying east or west island. My boyfriend and I like to hike and snorkel. Are there any place close to a beach where we can shore snorkel?

more
    • Lava flowing in to the ocean.

Kailua-Kona Feb 10, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I understand there is one boat company approved to take you as near as possible to view lava flowing into ocean. What is the name of the company and information on the cost of the tour?

more
    • LisaLynn0801's Profile Photo

Zip Lining

Hawaii (Big Island) Feb 13, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Have been looking at three different zip line tours: Umauma near Hilo and Kohala and Akaka near Kona. Looking for anyone who has experience at any or all of these whwo could provide a recommendation. Trying to select the one that is the most exciting and scenic.

more
    • shaunaD's Profile Photo

transport from airport to Hotel

Maui Feb 20, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Well i have booked my trip and am happy with where i have but i have a question as i don't drive what is the best and cheapest way to get to my hotel I have booked the kaanapali Beach hotel do i use a shuttle bus or taxi.
      all information is much appreciated.

more

transport from airport to Hotel

Maui Feb 20, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Well i have booked my trip and am happy with where i have but i have a question as i don't drive what is the best and cheapest way to get to my hotel I have booked the kaanapali Beach hotel do i use a shuttle bus or taxi.
      all information is much appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    • East or West?

Molokai Feb 18, 2015 at 7:41 PM

I am wondering where you recommend staying east or west island. My boyfriend and I like to hike and snorkel. Are there any place close to a beach where we can shore snorkel?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Zip Lining

Hawaii (Big Island) Feb 13, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Have been looking at three different zip line tours: Umauma near Hilo and Kohala and Akaka near Kona. Looking for anyone who has experience at any or all of these whwo could provide a recommendation. Trying to select the one that is the most exciting and scenic.

3 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    • Lava flowing in to the ocean.

Kailua-Kona Feb 10, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I understand there is one boat company approved to take you as near as possible to view lava flowing into ocean. What is the name of the company and information on the cost of the tour?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2015 at 11:42 AM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Where else to stay in Oahu

Oahu Feb 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Hi. We have booked to stay in Oahu for 13 nights. We have been to Maui before and are quite happy just to explore Oahu this time. We will spend at least half the time in Waikiki as we like to shop and bike and intend to do a tour or two. We would like to spend 4-5 nights or so somewhere else on the island. We are in our fifties but are fit and love the beach, snorkeling and walks.
      I have looked at Ko Olina which looks lovely but maybe too resorty for what we want this trip. We could visit though as i have read the lagoons are lovely. I have been looking at Haleiwa area. Is this area really for young people who want to surf? Is the road a good one to travel on? We are happy to hire a car to get around. Any other suggestions for somewhere else to stay on Oahu would be very welcome. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Maui Feb 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM

I would like to know if anyone has stayed at the Ka'anapali Beach Resort lately in say the last 12 months or so i have been researching hotels on Maui to stay this looks like a nice place but the reviews are about 6 years old .
      I am traveling in September or can anyone recommend a 3 star hotel that is not to expensive around $200 a night i only want to stay 2 nights.
      all help is appreciated.
      Thanks

5 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 4:20 PM
    • Maui hotel

Hawaii (State of) Jan 26, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Want to stay someplace we can listen to the ocean from our room at night. We stayed at the Sheraton 10 years ago when we came and had oceanfront on Black Rock, but could not hear the ocean as there was no beach for the waves to crash on. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks,

4 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Reasonably priced hotel

Maui Jan 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Hi Everyone I am travelling to Maui in September and its my first time so have been looking at hotels to stay in i will only be there for 3 days and don't drive so need a nice hotel that is easy to get to and from. Any advice is much appreciated Shauna

5 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 5:55 PM
    • Best sport bar to watch NBA All-Star game

Oahu Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Hi guys,

I'll be on Oahu on Feb 15th, when NBA All-Start game commences in NY at 3:30pm.
      Could you please advice a sport bar, somewhere in Honolulu or Kailua, where I can watch it live? It will be broadcasted on TNT channel.

From the web-search, RoundTable Pizza and Armbar Sports Bar and Grill seems good. Any better options?
      Your help is much appreciated, I absolutely cannot afford missing this game.

Thanks,
      Oleg

2 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • Where to stay in Kihei?

Kihei Jan 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM

we are travelling to Maul from April 17 to 25th. We thought Kihei would be a good location as far as being fairly accessible to other points on Maui. Can anyone give us recommendations on either a hotel or Condo location. It is overwhelming looking at all the choices on VRBO. There are many that look good but you never know. We are in our fifties and it is just the 2 of us. Any advice?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    • FatihE's Profile Photo

Rent-a-car

Oahu Jan 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Dear friends, hello :) My first post in VT.

Will be in Oahu, Hawai between 24-31 January 2015. I wonder whether we may easily find a free parking around the Marine Tower Waikiki Hotel. Actually daily rental price and overnight parking fees seem the same, thats insane. Or do i need really a car to enjoy the ilsland at all ?

Any help will be much than appreciated.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 12:39 AM
    • Shore fishing Brenneckes Beach?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Staying in the Brenneckes Beach area in mid march. Wondered if it was worthwhile taking a small travel rod along to maybe cast some small spoons or jigs along the rocky shore areas. Appreciate any input you may have to offer.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:26 PM
    • Snorkleing South Shore?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Staying at Brenneckes Beach area in mid March. Grandkids want to snorkle. Is there any good places near that beach to snorkle directly from the beach?
      Thanks for any input.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:43 PM
    • Luau near Poipu

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Be there in mid march and interested in recommendations for a good luau.

Appreciate input.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    • West Coast boat tour

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 6:58 AM

Will be staying on south shore mid March and was wondering about boat tours/snorkeling along west coast. Going with wife and daughter's family. Grandsons are 12 & 14.
      Heard stories of rough seas that time of year and just wondering if these long boat rides are a smart thing to do not knowing if any of them are succeptable to motion sickness.
      Would appreciate input from anyone that may know about these tours in mid March.

3 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • Romantic dinner spot

Kailua-Kona Jan 10, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Hi we are traveling to Kailua kona area in a few weeks and wanted a recommendation for a romantic restaurant on the beach. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 9:31 AM
    • Where to buy high quality Backpack ?

Hawaii (State of) Jan 6, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Recently , I plan to travel .When i packed up my clothes , i found my bags got worse. Oh ,it is so bad for me .Who can tell me where to buy high quality backpack .Thanks !

7 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 1:15 AM
    • Accommodation Easter 2016 for group of 13

Waikiki Jan 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM

My extended family group (13 of us) would like to travel to Waikiki for Easter 2016. Does anyone know of any accommodation options (other than hotels) that might be able to take our whole group? One 5 year old and the rest adults or young adults. We wouldn't have to be in the same building necessarily - nearby would be okay. Ideally with a pool and some self-catering options, but anything considered.

6 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Two island stay

Hawaii (State of) Jan 1, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Am now considering an Hawaiian vacation with partial stay at the Big Island finishing up in Maui. I can get a really good rate at a hotel on the Big Island because of my employment but have heard that Maui is very lush and tropical which is why I want to experience that island as well. My head is swimming because I'm trying to figure out how to cost effectively travel to the big island, then transfer to Maui and then go back home from Maui. Because of the better hotel rate I can secure on the Big Island maybe it's better to stay there for the entire visit and take a day tour to Maui. Is this a feasible option in a days time frame? Any advice at all will be very helpful as I have never traveled to Hawaii before. Probably will spend 7-10 nights total mid to late April. To complicate and confuse things further, I also just read that Kaua'i is the most tropical of all the islands, is this true?

3 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 11:08 AM
    • 5/6 nights in Hawaii - Honolulu, Maui or both?

Hawaii (State of) Dec 23, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi,

I'm probably going to combine a mileage run with a holiday in Hawaii in July.

I've never been to Hawaii.

Honolulu would seem an obvious choice, as I'd like to see the capital and the famous Waikiki Beach. There are also some attractions and museums that I think I'd like to visit. Finally, being a foodie, I'm sure there'll be plenty of options.

However, I'm afraid that spending 5 or 6 nights in Honolulu may not be particularly relaxing. I wouldn't mind spending a few days just sitting by a beach or a pool without too many people around.

What would you recommend? Do you think spending some time in both island would be mad considering the short amount of time after so much flying to get there? I can easily get an inbound flight to HNL and a return from OGG though.

8 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 11:31 AM
    • Eitan.R's Profile Photo

Camping in The Islands

Hawaii (State of) Dec 19, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I wonder how the campgrounds in the islands are. I'm planning a campervan trip (more than a year from now) and trying to figure out the best way to enjoy that beautiful state.

1 Answer Dec 19, 2014 at 9:36 AM
    • Whale watching

Maui Dec 17, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I'm going to Maui with my family (5 adults) next week. Someone had suggested going whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation. I've looked on their website, and they seem to offer a multitude of packages to do the same thing (so it seems).

Any suggestions or experiences with these whale watching tours? They seem like a fun family activity for a reasonable price.

I think the rafting option is a no-go, as my mom can't swim and will be scared to death. She'll want the stability of a boat.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 1:44 PM
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

lanai golf courses

Lanai Nov 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Where's the best place to play golf in Lanai?

1 Answer Nov 26, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    • carolnsharmaine's Profile Photo

Hyatt Place on Waikiki Beach

Hawaii (State of) Nov 22, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Hi, this is our first time to Honolulu/Waikiki and after going through many hotels on the website, we have zoomed down to the Hyatt Place.

Is this a good choice? Based on previous guests at the hotel, they were all very happy with their stay and despite it being a little off the centre of Waikiki's happenings, it still got pretty good rated.

Would love to hear some opinions from anyone who knows about this hotel before we book it. We will be staying 1-14 April 2015.

Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • carolnsharmaine's Profile Photo

Waikiki Weather in April 2015

Waikiki Nov 22, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Hi, we are planning our very first trip to Hawaii from 1-14 April 2015, and will be travelling with our 2 1/2 year old daughter. She loves the beach, hubby loves sightseeing and I love shopping! Will we find ll these there? As we come from a very hot and humid country like Malaysia, we would like our vacations in a cooler climate. Will the weather in April be hot and humid?

Our other alternative is to spend our holidays in San Diego which should be cooler perhaps....but we have been there 3 times already.

4 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 6:19 AM
    • Boosmom's Profile Photo

Things to do

Honolulu Nov 8, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Good sushi bars in Waikiki

3 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • Stay close to Haleakala or drive from Lahaina? Jan weather?

Maui Nov 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Hello, We are touring Maui for 8 days. Here is our plan until now:

December 28th: Landing in Kahului at 10:30 AM

December 28th: Drive around West Maui

December 29th: Drive to Hana

December 29th and 30th: Stay in Hana

December 31st: Drive beyond Hana, and the back side of Haleakala

Dec 31st night: Stay near Haleakala or Lahaina?

Rest: Stay in Lahaina.

On the drive back from Hana on 31st, our plan is to stop overnight somewhere close to Haleakala National Park to catch the sunset on 31st or sunrise on Jan 1st. One advantage of staying close is that we don't have to wake up early and drive for 3 hours to catch the sunrise. But on the flip side if the weather is bad on 1st morning, we will have no choice to pick a different day. How is the weather generally in early January? Do you think its better to stay in Lahaina and pick a day to drive up Haleakala depending on the weather?

Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    • Shopping in Waikiki

Honolulu Nov 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Now that the International Market has closed, where do you go to buy similar items in that area for a great price?

6 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

Whale Watching on/from Big Island

Hawaii, Island of Oct 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM

We will be staying in a resort near Waikoloa Village during the March 20 - April 5th, 2015 time frame. According to literature, this is near the end of the whale siting season. Would you think we should forgo any whale excursions and concentrate on other activities? I am concerned that it may not be a good investment at that time of year. THanks

3 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • ohsouthlondon's Profile Photo

Budget for one month...

Kauai Oct 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM

How much should I budget for a one month stay? (not including acommodation).

There will be two of us and we will be dining out some of the time, but will be just as happy to buy in food and cook 'at home'. Activity-wise, we'll be doing a lot of hiking etc and a little souvenir hunting.

I realise this is a fairly open question, but what i'm after is a 'You won't die of starvation if you bring this much' type answer to use as a jumping off figure.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be perfectly helpful answers!

9 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM