Hawaii (State of)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• musical entertainment on Maui

Hawaii (State of) Apr 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I found online a George Kahumoku Jr. slack key show on Maui. Sounds like it would be good entertainment. Has anyone ever been to it? If so, what did you think? Did you do dinner and the show or just the show?

more
    • Mountain Riders Bike Tours

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Thinking of going on the Mountain Riders Sunrise Bike Tour, the day after we arrive, figure early pick-up (ie 2-3am)won't be too hard as we haven't adjusted to island time change. Anyways, reviews seem good and bad. We have three kids, aged 16, 14 and 11. Do you feel they will be okay on this tour? Will bikes be the appropriate size for them? Any opinions or helpful tips greatly appreciated. Thxs!!!

more
    • musical entertainment

Hawaii (State of) Apr 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

We will be traveling to Hawaii and undecided at this time which island. Is there anywhere that has "Don Ho" or "Danny Kaleikini" style entertainment? Yes, we are senior citizens.

more
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Place to live?

Hilo Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I am visiting here in May to explore the possibility of living there permanently for a few years. I know there is more rain on this side of the island and it is windier also danger of tsunamis. From my research I believe that the rain is mainly in the late night hours and early morning. Is this mostly true? I know apartment rentals are also less pricey than the western side. I would appreciate any and all input, thoughts and ideas. I will also be checking out the western side.
      Thank you,
      Ken

more
    • restricted places

Honolulu Mar 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

what is the most secure place that your not allowed

more
    • kahnjetta's Profile Photo

Hotel Choice

Lanai Apr 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Which hotel would you recommend for Lanai, Hawaii? Has anyone stayed the the Hotel Lanai?

more
    • Traveling to Kihei

Kihei Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

more
    • Transports and prices ...

Honolulu Mar 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hi !

I am a group leader of 25 persons an I need few answers about transports and their price :

- from the airport to Waikiki Beachside Hostel / 2556 Lemon Road ?
      - and from this hotel to the Wet n' Wild aquaparc ?

Thanks a lot !

Yannick

more
    • Road to Hana in reverse

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have read it is a good idea to drive straight to the pools, then do the road in reverse. I don't know if this is a stupid question, but will I still be able to use the Road to Hana CD? Or will it be complicated, I don't want to miss anything.

more
    • Kauai Suggestions

Kauai Mar 31, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We are going to Kauai in a few weeks. Ideally we would like to stay in a laid back place with a pool on a sandy beach, with surfing nearby. Any suggestions?

more
    • Kona/Hilo, Hawaii

Hilo Apr 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I'm wondering if I"m able to fit all of this in, in one day. I'll be staying in Kona but would like to drive the Hamakua Coast, 4 mile scenic route and see Akaka Falls. I also would like to see Hiilawe Falls and Waipi'o Valley. Last stop would be Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and the Black Sand Beach. I know it's 2 hr drive from Kona to Hilo. Any information would be great.

more
    • First time visitor

Hawaii (State of) Mar 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM

As a first time visitor to the beautiful state of Hawaii, what is the best time of the year to visit the island and what island and hotel would recommend

more
    • restricted places

more
    • Maui vs Oahu

Maui Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I am 30 and my husband is 34. We have an 11 year old daughter and can't decide between Maui or Oahu for August. Please help!

more
    • kahnjetta's Profile Photo

Hotel Choice

Lanai Apr 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Which hotel would you recommend for Lanai, Hawaii? Has anyone stayed the the Hotel Lanai?

3 Answers Yesterday
    • musical entertainment on Maui

Hawaii (State of) Apr 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I found online a George Kahumoku Jr. slack key show on Maui. Sounds like it would be good entertainment. Has anyone ever been to it? If so, what did you think? Did you do dinner and the show or just the show?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    • musical entertainment

Hawaii (State of) Apr 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

We will be traveling to Hawaii and undecided at this time which island. Is there anywhere that has "Don Ho" or "Danny Kaleikini" style entertainment? Yes, we are senior citizens.

• kc4ness's Profile Photo

Place to live?

Hilo Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I am visiting here in May to explore the possibility of living there permanently for a few years. I know there is more rain on this side of the island and it is windier also danger of tsunamis. From my research I believe that the rain is mainly in the late night hours and early morning. Is this mostly true? I know apartment rentals are also less pricey than the western side. I would appreciate any and all input, thoughts and ideas. I will also be checking out the western side.
      Thank you,
      Ken

2 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    • Traveling to Kihei

Kihei Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • Road to Hana in reverse

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have read it is a good idea to drive straight to the pools, then do the road in reverse. I don't know if this is a stupid question, but will I still be able to use the Road to Hana CD? Or will it be complicated, I don't want to miss anything.

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Mountain Riders Bike Tours

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Thinking of going on the Mountain Riders Sunrise Bike Tour, the day after we arrive, figure early pick-up (ie 2-3am)won't be too hard as we haven't adjusted to island time change. Anyways, reviews seem good and bad. We have three kids, aged 16, 14 and 11. Do you feel they will be okay on this tour? Will bikes be the appropriate size for them? Any opinions or helpful tips greatly appreciated. Thxs!!!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Kona/Hilo, Hawaii

Hilo Apr 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I'm wondering if I"m able to fit all of this in, in one day. I'll be staying in Kona but would like to drive the Hamakua Coast, 4 mile scenic route and see Akaka Falls. I also would like to see Hiilawe Falls and Waipi'o Valley. Last stop would be Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and the Black Sand Beach. I know it's 2 hr drive from Kona to Hilo. Any information would be great.

6 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • Kauai Suggestions

Kauai Mar 31, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We are going to Kauai in a few weeks. Ideally we would like to stay in a laid back place with a pool on a sandy beach, with surfing nearby. Any suggestions?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • Transports and prices ...

Honolulu Mar 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hi !

I am a group leader of 25 persons an I need few answers about transports and their price :

- from the airport to Waikiki Beachside Hostel / 2556 Lemon Road ?
      - and from this hotel to the Wet n' Wild aquaparc ?

Thanks a lot !

Yannick

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • restricted places

8 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    • restricted places

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • First time visitor

Hawaii (State of) Mar 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM

As a first time visitor to the beautiful state of Hawaii, what is the best time of the year to visit the island and what island and hotel would recommend

6 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • Maui vs Oahu

Maui Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I am 30 and my husband is 34. We have an 11 year old daughter and can't decide between Maui or Oahu for August. Please help!

70 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • Best way to find accomodation

Hawaii (State of) Mar 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Ok, looking into finding places to stay on Big Island, Maui and Kauai.

We are only two persons travelling, but have sort of fallen in love with the idea of having and appartment/house type of thing, with kitchen and stuff.

What is the best way to find the places? Any recommendations for online services? Any specific suggestions would also be much appreciated.

Our budget is limited. I was definitely hoping to stay on the low side of $150/night.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • goat hunting

Haleakala National Park Mar 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM

how is the goat hunting on the mountain these days

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • cheap stay on maui possible?

Maui Mar 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM

does anyone know the cheapest possible place to stay on maui. i am very attracted to go there, however i find only relatively expensive places on the web.
      thx

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • Two or three islands in 3 weeks

Hawaii (State of) Mar 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

We'll be going to Hawaii this summer for the first time. We've got three weeks total, and are trying to decide which Islands to visit. I'm definitely wanting to see Kauai. Debating whether to see both Big Island and Maui in addition, or just doing one of them.

We're into National Parks, diving, light hiking, and bigtime snorkelling (maybe a little beaching/surfing).

We do however want to have a little spare time, for just taking it easy, so my real issue is probably whether we will have that if we do all three islands.

Any advice?

5 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    • Things to do in Waikiki

Waikiki Mar 8, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Going to Waikiki for 9 days in late April, don't want to waste anytime whilst there, wondering if anybody knows of any hidden gems or awesome things to do there. If people have any recommendations or ideas about being shown around that would be great, Ive got a few thing in mind, i am super out going so any idea would be awesome.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • Is it cool to wear jeans in Hawaii?

Honolulu Mar 8, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Do the locals wear jeans out there at all?
      Maybe at night?
      Im headed out there sunday and don't wanna dress like a kook.

5 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    • Honolulu rooftoop bars

Honolulu Mar 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Got list from Internet.
      Want to take photos of views they may offer.
      Are any of these false leads without views?:

Dave & Buster’s
      Thirtyninehotel,
      Bar 35
      Mai Tai Bar, 1450 Ala Moana Blvd
      Home Bar & Grill
      The Burning Tree Hookah Lounge
      Tiki’s Grill & Bar
      Side Street Inn
      Morio’s Sushi Bistro

Any others with good views missing from list?
      Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • HNL tall buildings with free views

Honolulu Feb 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I am stock shooter. I supply photos to educational textbooks, travel media.
      My March-April itinerary is SYD-BNE-MEL-HNL-LAX.
      At each location I am looking for free observation decks
      or high floor restaurants, hotels, office buildings where
      I can take city views -- no window better than window.
      Any advice from those "in the know" appreciated. Thanks!
      (am posting to each destination's forum, no cross posting intended)

6 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • free photo opps, help with my list

Honolulu Feb 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM

5 days end of March, using public transportation;
      any additions or corrections appreciated!
      shopping, dining, attractions, education, culture, etc.

1. Aloha Tower Marketplace, popular entertainers from marketplace's waterfront stage
      2. "Sunset on the Beach" Queen's surf Waikiki Beach, outdoor movie theater, live entertainment, food booths
      3. Ala Moana Center's Centerstage, 500 performances/yr, keiki (children) hula, rock chorale, street dancing
      4. ukulele or hula lessons at Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center
      5. Kapiolani Park in Waikiki, soccer games, craft fairs, exercisers, music.
      6. Honolulu Fish Auction, Kewalo Basin, catch displayed auctioned to chefs and merchants daily 5:00A
      7. Hilo Hattie, The Store of Hawaii, free juice, entertainment, food samples, craft demonstrations
      8. local artisans, Art at the Honolulu Zoo Fence, Monsarrat Avenue
      9. Sunday service in Hawaiian language at Kawaiahao Church
      10. St. Andrews Cathedral, Central Union, St. Clements, Lutheran Church of Honolulu
      11. Hawaii State Art Museum ?photos allowed?
      12. "Hyatt's Hawaii" at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort, arts crafts memorabilia
      13. history of surfing photos, memorabilia, walls of Duke's Canoe Club at Outrigger Waikiki on Beach
      14. school campuses? ethnic markets? where do teens, young adults show off latest fashions?

15 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM
    • NEED HELP with the choice of the Outrigger Regency on Beachwalk or Waikiki Wave Hotel??

Honolulu Feb 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Does anyone know these hotels. I can get a one bedroom suite in both of them for the same price???? The Wave hotel would have a partial ocean view upper floor, and the Regency would have the city view.

REALLY don't know which one to stay at???

thanks in advance

6 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Hang out in Waikik?

Waikiki Feb 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Hi...I'm a single guy who will be staying in Waikiki for 7 nights beginning this Friday, Feb 21...departing Feb 28...if anyone wants to get together to hang out some, have lunch etc....lemme know!

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • best single hangout

Waikiki Feb 16, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I am going to Honolulu for th first time in March. I am staying near Waikiki and was wondering where the best place to go out at night would be? I'm a single guy in my mid 20's and was hoping to be around the same age group and atmosphere. Also, is there anything I HAVE to do while I'm there? Any thing that can't be passed up?

Thanks!
      Matt

2 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Budget place to stay in Hilo

Hilo Feb 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Hi,

I (37 years old, single traveler) will be traveling to Hilo in May. I am looking for a nice budget (no hostel) place to stay.
      Can anyone recommend me?

Thanks!!

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • Kalaupapa Mule Ride

Molokai Feb 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What is the best way to prepare for this adventure?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Car Rentals at Cruise Port

Honolulu Feb 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I want to rent a car at the Honolulu cruise port. How close is the nearest agency? Is the airport the closest? Is there a shuttle to/from?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Nikki65's Profile Photo

Good Sunrise Beach Yoga on Waikiki?

Honolulu Feb 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I'll be going to Honolulu in December and really want to do early morning Sunrise beach yoga while I'm there. I can't find anything. Any recommendations?

1 Answer Mar 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM