Hawaii (State of)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• best tour to pearl harbor

Maui May 21, 2015 at 7:19 PM

In November, our family is going to be in Maui for the first time. I want to treat my husband who is a history buff to a trip to oahu and pearl harbor. Anyone experience this, probably looking for a tour.

more
    • Travel buddy/meetup Sept 2015?

Hawaii (State of) May 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Hello, new member here and first trip to Hawaii planned for Sept 2015. So far 'solo' trip, but thought it might be nice to have a travel companion or even meet up with others with similar interests. Active 40-something female leaving from East coast on 9/21 to Honolulu, staying in Waikiki (Outrigger Beach Hotel) until 9/25 then flying to Maui staying at Kaanapali Beach Hotel until 9/30, depart for home that afternoon. On Oahu would like to see Pearl Harbor, North Shore for a day, possibly Polynesian Cultural Center. On Maui would like to do sunrise at Haleakala Natl park, road to hana, check out Lahaina, a few hikes would be great as well, and of course relaxing on the beautiful beaches.

Kim

more
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

6 days in Honolulu--What shouldnt we miss?? Tips form local

Honolulu May 18, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We will be in Honolulu for 6 days. What are the best things to do? We have been there a few times, and e plan on going to the UssArizona memorial, but is there something the locals know about, that we shouldnt miss?? Also, how about great places to eat that are off the tourist path. We have a car and plan to go all over the island.

more
    • best tour to pearl harbor

Maui May 21, 2015 at 7:19 PM

In November, our family is going to be in Maui for the first time. I want to treat my husband who is a history buff to a trip to oahu and pearl harbor. Anyone experience this, probably looking for a tour.

1 Answer May 21, 2015 at 8:33 PM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

6 days in Honolulu--What shouldnt we miss?? Tips form local

Honolulu May 18, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We will be in Honolulu for 6 days. What are the best things to do? We have been there a few times, and e plan on going to the UssArizona memorial, but is there something the locals know about, that we shouldnt miss?? Also, how about great places to eat that are off the tourist path. We have a car and plan to go all over the island.

12 Answers May 20, 2015 at 8:48 PM
    • Travel buddy/meetup Sept 2015?

Hawaii (State of) May 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Hello, new member here and first trip to Hawaii planned for Sept 2015. So far 'solo' trip, but thought it might be nice to have a travel companion or even meet up with others with similar interests. Active 40-something female leaving from East coast on 9/21 to Honolulu, staying in Waikiki (Outrigger Beach Hotel) until 9/25 then flying to Maui staying at Kaanapali Beach Hotel until 9/30, depart for home that afternoon. On Oahu would like to see Pearl Harbor, North Shore for a day, possibly Polynesian Cultural Center. On Maui would like to do sunrise at Haleakala Natl park, road to hana, check out Lahaina, a few hikes would be great as well, and of course relaxing on the beautiful beaches.

Kim

4 Answers May 21, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    • Wailea or Kaanapali?

Maui Apr 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Traveling to Maui this August, narrowed it down to the Marriott in Wailea or the Sheraton in Kaanapali. In my early 30s traveling with a 13 yr old, interested in snorkeling, swimming, hiking, etc. Any recommendations? Thank you!!

5 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 12:02 PM
    • 2ndwind311's Profile Photo

Alternate ways to get out of Hawaii when you are an adult travelling standby? its on just United?

Hawaii (State of) Apr 12, 2015 at 5:42 AM

Hello, I just joined this network to see if there is anyone out there who would know an alternate way to get from Honolulu to mainland US. My friend who works for United did not realize that flights oversell and/or cancel, and thus it can be close to imposwsible to get out of Hawaii as a non revenue stand by passenger. SAdly, she made it back to Colorado without her 3 teenagers, husband , and 2 yr old--all awaiting a flight on United that might possibly have seats since Wednesday April 8th at Honolulu airport!!!!
      Yesterday

31 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 9:29 PM
    • Easy walks/hikes to sights?

Maui Apr 10, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Hi everyone. Traveling in May - our first time in Hawaii. Staying on Maui 10 days and hope to fill some of the time exploring island's natural sights. Question is- Are the hikes to sights on Road to Hana too difficult for beginners or those with mobility concerns? We're larger folks, but we are relatively active so distance isn't an issue. (We just go slow.) However, I'm concerned about climbing. Can anyone suggest the best stops (on the RTH or other locations) that might be suitable for us? Thanks in Advance!

4 Answers Apr 11, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Transportation/car rental

Oahu Apr 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi - cruising May 16-23 and then staying at Turtle Bay 23-26. I will need ground transport from the airport to the cruise terminal and then from the cruise terminal to the rental car. Prefer private transport but more importantly reliable and quick. Some people say just wait til I get there and others say its important to have it all set up before I go. Prices are all over the map and reviews are too. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 1, 2015 at 7:31 PM
    • safety in kauai

Kauai Mar 30, 2015 at 10:05 AM

is it safe for a single woman in 30s to travel alone to Kauai?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Turtle Bay Beach Villa

Kahuku Mar 22, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Want to stay here - I saw that you can rent one of the beach villas for virtually the same price as a room at the resort. I understand the only thing you can't use at the resort is the pool and of course there is no maid service. Has anyone rented one of the villas or stayed at the resort?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 1:33 AM
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Cruise terminal

Oahu Mar 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Taking a cruise in May. Is it best to book the ground transportation with Norwegian ($60 pp!) or take a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal? How easy will it be to get a taxi and what is the approximate cost?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 8:58 AM
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Turtle Bay Resort

Kahuku Mar 22, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Really want to stay here post-cruise. Pretty pricey. Do you think you can get a better rate if you just walk in without a reservation or is it usually pretty booked up? I'm assuming I'd need to rent a car? Any suggestions on the best/least expensive place to rent a car? Should I rent one before travelling or get one when we get there after the cruise?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    • 4 day bus pass

Honolulu Mar 20, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Are you able to purchase the 4 day bus pass at the airport or at the airport port bus stop?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • placido2745's Profile Photo

Public Bus Service to Pearl Harbor and return?

Honolulu Mar 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I'm having trouble working out the online bus timetable for Honolulu. I understand that RTE #42 goes passed Pearl Harbor and this route is close to our hotel. I found a bus on the timetable which goes passed timing point 'V' (near our hotel) at 8:13am on a weekday and arrives at timing point 'Q' (Arizona Memorial) at 9:17am but I cannot find a #42 bus leaving Pearl Harbor and returning to Waikiki. Can anyone help me solve my confusion?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    • chriscomeau70's Profile Photo

Road to Hana or road from Napili to Kahului?

Maui Mar 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM

We are staying north of Lahaina and are wondering which of these routes would serve us best for sight seeing. We are allowing a full day for this journey. Other friends have recommended the Napili to Kahului route, although most seem to talk about the Hana trip. Thoughts?

3 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 12:30 PM
    • shaunaD's Profile Photo

transport from airport to Hotel

Maui Feb 20, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Well i have booked my trip and am happy with where i have but i have a question as i don't drive what is the best and cheapest way to get to my hotel I have booked the kaanapali Beach hotel do i use a shuttle bus or taxi.
      all information is much appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    • East or West?

Molokai Feb 18, 2015 at 7:41 PM

I am wondering where you recommend staying east or west island. My boyfriend and I like to hike and snorkel. Are there any place close to a beach where we can shore snorkel?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2015 at 6:11 PM
    • LisaLynn0801's Profile Photo

Zip Lining

Hawaii (Big Island) Feb 13, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Have been looking at three different zip line tours: Umauma near Hilo and Kohala and Akaka near Kona. Looking for anyone who has experience at any or all of these whwo could provide a recommendation. Trying to select the one that is the most exciting and scenic.

3 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    • Lava flowing in to the ocean.

Kailua-Kona Feb 10, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I understand there is one boat company approved to take you as near as possible to view lava flowing into ocean. What is the name of the company and information on the cost of the tour?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2015 at 11:42 AM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Where else to stay in Oahu

Oahu Feb 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Hi. We have booked to stay in Oahu for 13 nights. We have been to Maui before and are quite happy just to explore Oahu this time. We will spend at least half the time in Waikiki as we like to shop and bike and intend to do a tour or two. We would like to spend 4-5 nights or so somewhere else on the island. We are in our fifties but are fit and love the beach, snorkeling and walks.
      I have looked at Ko Olina which looks lovely but maybe too resorty for what we want this trip. We could visit though as i have read the lagoons are lovely. I have been looking at Haleiwa area. Is this area really for young people who want to surf? Is the road a good one to travel on? We are happy to hire a car to get around. Any other suggestions for somewhere else to stay on Oahu would be very welcome. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Maui Feb 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM

I would like to know if anyone has stayed at the Ka'anapali Beach Resort lately in say the last 12 months or so i have been researching hotels on Maui to stay this looks like a nice place but the reviews are about 6 years old .
      I am traveling in September or can anyone recommend a 3 star hotel that is not to expensive around $200 a night i only want to stay 2 nights.
      all help is appreciated.
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 3:51 PM
    • Maui hotel

Hawaii (State of) Jan 26, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Want to stay someplace we can listen to the ocean from our room at night. We stayed at the Sheraton 10 years ago when we came and had oceanfront on Black Rock, but could not hear the ocean as there was no beach for the waves to crash on. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks,

4 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Reasonably priced hotel

Maui Jan 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Hi Everyone I am travelling to Maui in September and its my first time so have been looking at hotels to stay in i will only be there for 3 days and don't drive so need a nice hotel that is easy to get to and from. Any advice is much appreciated Shauna

5 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    • Best sport bar to watch NBA All-Star game

Oahu Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Hi guys,

I'll be on Oahu on Feb 15th, when NBA All-Start game commences in NY at 3:30pm.
      Could you please advice a sport bar, somewhere in Honolulu or Kailua, where I can watch it live? It will be broadcasted on TNT channel.

From the web-search, RoundTable Pizza and Armbar Sports Bar and Grill seems good. Any better options?
      Your help is much appreciated, I absolutely cannot afford missing this game.

Thanks,
      Oleg

2 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • Where to stay in Kihei?

Kihei Jan 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM

we are travelling to Maul from April 17 to 25th. We thought Kihei would be a good location as far as being fairly accessible to other points on Maui. Can anyone give us recommendations on either a hotel or Condo location. It is overwhelming looking at all the choices on VRBO. There are many that look good but you never know. We are in our fifties and it is just the 2 of us. Any advice?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    • FatihE's Profile Photo

Rent-a-car

Oahu Jan 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Dear friends, hello :) My first post in VT.

Will be in Oahu, Hawai between 24-31 January 2015. I wonder whether we may easily find a free parking around the Marine Tower Waikiki Hotel. Actually daily rental price and overnight parking fees seem the same, thats insane. Or do i need really a car to enjoy the ilsland at all ?

Any help will be much than appreciated.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 12:39 AM
    • Shore fishing Brenneckes Beach?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Staying in the Brenneckes Beach area in mid march. Wondered if it was worthwhile taking a small travel rod along to maybe cast some small spoons or jigs along the rocky shore areas. Appreciate any input you may have to offer.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:26 PM
    • Snorkleing South Shore?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Staying at Brenneckes Beach area in mid March. Grandkids want to snorkle. Is there any good places near that beach to snorkle directly from the beach?
      Thanks for any input.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:43 PM
    • Luau near Poipu

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Be there in mid march and interested in recommendations for a good luau.

Appreciate input.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    • West Coast boat tour

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 6:58 AM

Will be staying on south shore mid March and was wondering about boat tours/snorkeling along west coast. Going with wife and daughter's family. Grandsons are 12 & 14.
      Heard stories of rough seas that time of year and just wondering if these long boat rides are a smart thing to do not knowing if any of them are succeptable to motion sickness.
      Would appreciate input from anyone that may know about these tours in mid March.

3 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • Romantic dinner spot

Kailua-Kona Jan 10, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Hi we are traveling to Kailua kona area in a few weeks and wanted a recommendation for a romantic restaurant on the beach. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 9:31 AM