Hawaii (State of)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for historic buildings in Haleiwa

Haleiwa 6 hours ago

Our art group is looking for historic buildings in Haleiwa to draw and paint. We are located in Kaneohe and will be travelling up to Haleiwa next month. Also, what would be a good place to get brunch between Kaneohe and Haleiwa?

more
    • ask someone who know the road about the destination I want to go

Hawaii (State of) Jul 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM

How can i go to the Iolani Palace from Pearl Harbor by public traffic,such as bus or Waikiki Trolley.I hope someone could tell me quickly,i'm in hurry.Thank you very much

more
    • Hawaii Aloha Travel

Hawaii (State of) Jul 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Has anyone used this company for their travel plans? How were they to deal with?  Have any issues? 

I have only ever used a travel agent that I can go to and sit down with.

We like to rent a condo with full kitchen and washer/dryer in unit and it sounds like they only use hotels for reservations.  I don't know if this is factual though.

more
    • Accommodation outside of Waikiki

Honolulu Jul 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi, can you suggest some places to stay outside of Waikiki? There are four of us travelling and we are looking for a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, close to beach and dining but a bit quieter than Waikiki. Thanks.

more
    • waikiki accommodation

Waikiki Jun 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM

best value for money "ocean front" accommodation in waikiki

more
    • Something new in Oahu

Oahu Jul 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

My boyfriend and I have been to Oahu at least a dozen times and have hit all of the major attractions. We are looking for a new adventure to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

more
    • Luau at Honolulu

Honolulu Jul 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hi, Any recommendations for a fun Luau? Is Hula dance a part of the Luau?? We do not want to spend an entire day at the Luau, like at the PCC. We will be staying at the Hilton Village. Heard they have one too. Is it good, or how good is it?? Please suggest.

Thanks,

--Tarini

more
    • Help with luau

Maui Jul 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

What is the best luau in Maui?

more
    • looking for a great place for dinner in Poipu area

Kauai Jun 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi! Our family will be going to Kauai this Saturday and I'm looking for a place to go have a nice dinner on Sunday night. We are staying in Poipu. We are 4 adults and two recent high school graduates (17&18), so places geared toward families with young kids are not preferred (not on vacation, sorry!). We already have the luau experience scheduled for Monday; just looking for suggestions on a casual BUT memorable place to go that's not going to break the bank either. We are open to mostly all types of cuisine. Some place to also celebrate Mom's birthday (67)?

more
    • Something new in Oahu

Oahu Jul 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

My boyfriend and I have been to Oahu at least a dozen times and have hit all of the major attractions. We are looking for a new adventure to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

4 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • Luau at Honolulu

Honolulu Jul 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hi, Any recommendations for a fun Luau? Is Hula dance a part of the Luau?? We do not want to spend an entire day at the Luau, like at the PCC. We will be staying at the Hilton Village. Heard they have one too. Is it good, or how good is it?? Please suggest.

Thanks,

--Tarini

4 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Hawaii Aloha Travel

Hawaii (State of) Jul 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Has anyone used this company for their travel plans? How were they to deal with?  Have any issues? 

I have only ever used a travel agent that I can go to and sit down with.

We like to rent a condo with full kitchen and washer/dryer in unit and it sounds like they only use hotels for reservations.  I don't know if this is factual though.

2 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    • Accommodation outside of Waikiki

Honolulu Jul 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi, can you suggest some places to stay outside of Waikiki? There are four of us travelling and we are looking for a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, close to beach and dining but a bit quieter than Waikiki. Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    • ask someone who know the road about the destination I want to go

Hawaii (State of) Jul 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM

How can i go to the Iolani Palace from Pearl Harbor by public traffic,such as bus or Waikiki Trolley.I hope someone could tell me quickly,i'm in hurry.Thank you very much

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    • Help with luau

Maui Jul 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

What is the best luau in Maui?

3 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    • waikiki accommodation

Waikiki Jun 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM

best value for money "ocean front" accommodation in waikiki

3 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    • looking for a great place for dinner in Poipu area

Kauai Jun 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi! Our family will be going to Kauai this Saturday and I'm looking for a place to go have a nice dinner on Sunday night. We are staying in Poipu. We are 4 adults and two recent high school graduates (17&18), so places geared toward families with young kids are not preferred (not on vacation, sorry!). We already have the luau experience scheduled for Monday; just looking for suggestions on a casual BUT memorable place to go that's not going to break the bank either. We are open to mostly all types of cuisine. Some place to also celebrate Mom's birthday (67)?

5 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Date ideas Teen

Maui Jun 22, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Things to do on Maui for a date which are unique

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Molokai most popular restaurant

Molokai Jun 22, 2014 at 12:44 AM

What is the most popular restaurant in Molokai?

6 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

First time in Hawaii - where should I go?

Hawaii (State of) Jun 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Hi! I'm hoping to visit Hawaii for the first time in October, and I'd like to get some input as to which island(s) I should visit. I'm not much into the whole beach scene, but I'd like to see the volcanoes, do some hiking and explore some historic sites. I'll have about 2 weeks to tour around Hawaii. What would you recommend and why?

5 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    • Honeymoon in Hawaii

Hawaii, Island of Jun 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Planning a honeymoon in Hawaii in December. Any recommendations? Which islands are best? Best restaurants? Best hotels? Best beaches? Things to do?

6 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Air conditioning

Maui Jun 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM

I am planning a late May vacation and want to stay in a Kaanapili beach condo. I notice some rentals advertise AC and other do not. How necessary is central air conditioning?

11 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    • Best location(s) to stay

Maui Jun 4, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Is there a particular town or area ( A base camp) that is advantageous in terms of travelling around the island and seeing everything?

3 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • Best places in the world to live on the cheap?

Maui Jun 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM

What are the best places in the world to live on the cheap? I get $600 from disability but made the mistake of staying in major cities of various South American countries when I probably should have explored the jungle areas more. I am currently in Colombia and not sure where to go. Any suggestions?

3 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Coverage of US Auto Insurance

Hawaii (State of) May 21, 2014 at 12:38 AM

A resident of the continental US has full auto insurance including uninsured motorist, liability & collision coverage, and an omnibus clause covering rental vehicles. The insured driver is visiting Hawaii.
      Generally speaking, will coverage be in effect?

1 Answer May 21, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Which part of Kona best to stay?

Kailua-Kona May 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Hi,
      I plan 3 days in the Kona area (before flying back to europe).
      Which part of the Kona area are best to stay, knowing that I am a solo traveller, do not like resorts and malls, but would like to experience a cosy atmosphere with small reataurants and bars?
      Thanks for your advice!

7 Answers May 24, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • Restaurants on Big Island

Hawaii (Big Island) May 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Is there a restaurant on the Big island similar to Mama's fish house (on Maui)? I'm looking for good ambience & food. Kona side preferred.

2 Answers May 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • Volcano House

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Apr 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Is VolcanoHouse still a good place to stay? Anyone stayed there and had thoughts as to whether the added cost is worthwile? Thanks for the help.

5 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    • Transporation from Honolulu Airport Downtown

Honolulu Apr 24, 2014 at 1:17 PM

What is the most cost effective way to get a family of four from the airport downtown to Waikiki. Arrival will be arond 8pm local time. First time in the forum. Thanks

6 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Maui and Big Island: Volcano's and other stuff...

Hawaii (State of) Apr 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hi,

Next month I will be spending one week on Maui and one week on Big Island.
      Since I have limited time, I would like to do as many different things.
      So I was thinking about planning a trip to Haleakala volcano park on Maui, and the week after to the volcano park on Big Island.
      Now I am wondering: Are those 2 different experiences? Or would I only do one? In case of you recommend me to do just one, which one?
      Also: Any other "Can't miss"-things to do: feel free to give many tips!

Thanks a lot!!

Saar

14 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Driving around the Big Island, Hawaii.

Hawaii (Big Island) Apr 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I am going to either Hilo or Kona next month for a week to eight days and will be renting a car while there. The purpose of my trip is to take in all that I can and also since I am considering moving there I will also looking at apartments.
      How is the island for getting around in a series of day trips using either Hilo or Kona as the base?

5 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • kahnjetta's Profile Photo

Hotel Choice

Lanai Apr 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Which hotel would you recommend for Lanai, Hawaii? Has anyone stayed the the Hotel Lanai?

3 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • musical entertainment on Maui

Hawaii (State of) Apr 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I found online a George Kahumoku Jr. slack key show on Maui. Sounds like it would be good entertainment. Has anyone ever been to it? If so, what did you think? Did you do dinner and the show or just the show?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    • musical entertainment

Hawaii (State of) Apr 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

We will be traveling to Hawaii and undecided at this time which island. Is there anywhere that has "Don Ho" or "Danny Kaleikini" style entertainment? Yes, we are senior citizens.

• kc4ness's Profile Photo

Place to live?

Hilo Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I am visiting here in May to explore the possibility of living there permanently for a few years. I know there is more rain on this side of the island and it is windier also danger of tsunamis. From my research I believe that the rain is mainly in the late night hours and early morning. Is this mostly true? I know apartment rentals are also less pricey than the western side. I would appreciate any and all input, thoughts and ideas. I will also be checking out the western side.
      Thank you,
      Ken

2 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    • Traveling to Kihei

Kihei Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

5 Answers May 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • Road to Hana in reverse

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have read it is a good idea to drive straight to the pools, then do the road in reverse. I don't know if this is a stupid question, but will I still be able to use the Road to Hana CD? Or will it be complicated, I don't want to miss anything.

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Mountain Riders Bike Tours

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Thinking of going on the Mountain Riders Sunrise Bike Tour, the day after we arrive, figure early pick-up (ie 2-3am)won't be too hard as we haven't adjusted to island time change. Anyways, reviews seem good and bad. We have three kids, aged 16, 14 and 11. Do you feel they will be okay on this tour? Will bikes be the appropriate size for them? Any opinions or helpful tips greatly appreciated. Thxs!!!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Kona/Hilo, Hawaii

Hilo Apr 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I'm wondering if I"m able to fit all of this in, in one day. I'll be staying in Kona but would like to drive the Hamakua Coast, 4 mile scenic route and see Akaka Falls. I also would like to see Hiilawe Falls and Waipi'o Valley. Last stop would be Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and the Black Sand Beach. I know it's 2 hr drive from Kona to Hilo. Any information would be great.

6 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 2:39 AM