Hawaii, Island of

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ask someone who know the road about the destination I want to go

Hawaii (State of) Jul 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM

How can i go to the Iolani Palace from Pearl Harbor by public traffic,such as bus or Waikiki Trolley.I hope someone could tell me quickly,i'm in hurry.Thank you very much

more
    • Hawaii Aloha Travel

Hawaii (State of) Jul 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Has anyone used this company for their travel plans? How were they to deal with?  Have any issues? 

I have only ever used a travel agent that I can go to and sit down with.

We like to rent a condo with full kitchen and washer/dryer in unit and it sounds like they only use hotels for reservations.  I don't know if this is factual though.

more
    • Accommodation outside of Waikiki

Honolulu Jul 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi, can you suggest some places to stay outside of Waikiki? There are four of us travelling and we are looking for a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, close to beach and dining but a bit quieter than Waikiki. Thanks.

more
    • waikiki accommodation

Waikiki Jun 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM

best value for money "ocean front" accommodation in waikiki

more
    • Something new in Oahu

Oahu Jul 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

My boyfriend and I have been to Oahu at least a dozen times and have hit all of the major attractions. We are looking for a new adventure to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

more
    • Luau at Honolulu

Honolulu Jul 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hi, Any recommendations for a fun Luau? Is Hula dance a part of the Luau?? We do not want to spend an entire day at the Luau, like at the PCC. We will be staying at the Hilton Village. Heard they have one too. Is it good, or how good is it?? Please suggest.

Thanks,

--Tarini

more
    • Help with luau

Maui Jul 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

What is the best luau in Maui?

more
    • looking for a great place for dinner in Poipu area

Kauai Jun 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi! Our family will be going to Kauai this Saturday and I'm looking for a place to go have a nice dinner on Sunday night. We are staying in Poipu. We are 4 adults and two recent high school graduates (17&18), so places geared toward families with young kids are not preferred (not on vacation, sorry!). We already have the luau experience scheduled for Monday; just looking for suggestions on a casual BUT memorable place to go that's not going to break the bank either. We are open to mostly all types of cuisine. Some place to also celebrate Mom's birthday (67)?

more
    • Honeymoon in Hawaii

by howardavid Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Planning a honeymoon in Hawaii in December. Any recommendations? Which islands are best? Best restaurants? Best hotels? Best beaches? Things to do?

6 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Snorkeling on the Big Island

by truesource Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Hi, We are staying on the Big Island for two weeks. One week near Hilo and the other near Kona. We are avid snorkelers and are looking for good sites on both sides of the Island that are usually nice during the middle of October. We plan to hit the obvious places outlined in many guides, however there are some spots tourists are not aware of that are excellent. Can you help me locate these places. Much Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Pearl Harbour

by sylv2 Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 4:55 AM

We will be in Honolulu next week and would like to visit Pearl Harbour. The tours only seem to take you to see the Arizona Memorial but my husband would like to see inside the Bowfin and visit the Missouri as well. We are too late to buy tickets on line and do not want to get there at 6am to buy tickets then wait a few hours to get in.
      I suppose we could take the cheapest tour we could find and just stay on after the visit to the Arizona Memorial and then make our own way back by bus.
      Any suggestions or comments?
      Thanks

5 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    • Volcano Park and Manta Ray

by Michdon Online Now Sep 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Hi VTers! Planning a week+ on Hawaii in October.Our top priorities are to see lava flowing at Volcano National Park and go on a manta ray cruise. What is the best way to see lava flowing into the ocean? Also,what is the best manta ray trip? Any suggestions on B&Bs on the big island?
      Thanks for your help!

6 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    • angelsmom13's Profile Photo

Got to get away.

by angelsmom13 Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I want to go camping in Hawaii,I don't care which island.I will be back packing.I will take some stuff with me but I will have to get some there.I don't want to have to rent a car if I don't have to.Are there any camp grounds within walking distance of public transportation?

1 Answer Feb 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    • Hello Everyone

by guitar_man Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Hi I am new on virtual tourist, cool site! I am thinking about going to Hawaii next week. I haven't been to Haiwaii yet. I have just quickly looked at this site. gohawaii.com/big_island/lear...

I don't really know which island to pick. Also know from travelling, that what looks great on-line isn't as great when your there and vice versa.

So what am I looking for? Well, 3-5 star resort. Some resort that prides itself on service and upkeep. Not run down, unclean etc.. I want what any seasoned Haiwaii traveller comes to know: which resort has Value. That becomes the "spot" to go when in Haiwaii or at least the spot to go to for that particular island. Something in the 100-140 USD a night area...

Also, I would like at least one night at a 5-6 star resort, too and doesn't have to be on the same island.

I have a feeling that the Hyatt, Nikko, Le Meridian, Club Med, Ritz Carlton will all be more pricy than their Bali or Malaysian locations because it is on US soil. So, if there are any best kept secrets in the high-end hotel/resorts -value /package etc please tell.

For instance, booking on-line for Bali is about 3 times more pricy than simply getting a simple package for 1-2 nights locally here in Taiwan and upon arrival, booking at one of the 6 star resorts above in Nusa Dua! That is a big saving! Any tricks for saving on resorts or hotel in Haiwaii
      ????

I guess the last things I want to know about Haiwaii are about location and things to do:

What did you do in Haiwaii that you loved? What did you pass up on or forget to do that you wished to heck you did and will do next time yourr there?

What areas were best for photography?

What locations were the most fun and lively?

What areas were most scenic?

What areas just brought about ZEN in you? etc...

Anyway, thanks in advance!

12 Answers Mar 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    • keithsmeltzer's Profile Photo

how is the camping?

by keithsmeltzer Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 6:13 PM

I will be on the Big Island of Hawaii for 8 days in December & was wondering if anyone out there has done any camping on that island. Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 20, 2006 at 12:41 AM
    • Gwaps8's Profile Photo

Where? :)

by Gwaps8 Online Now Jun 29, 2005 at 8:08 PM

Hi i just want to know where can i find the Aloha Bowl Market? I'll be there in hawaii for a vacation in Oahu, is it near that area? My first time. Thanks. Gwaps

3 Answers Jul 1, 2005 at 8:08 PM
    • sights to see in hawaii

by Doreenlim Online Now Jul 29, 2004 at 9:04 PM

I'm planning for our holiday in Dec and wondering what re the sights we can see and how much time we need to spend there. Any help?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2005 at 9:41 AM