change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

by JamieM_71 Online Now 19 hours ago

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

more

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

by JamieM_71 Online Now 19 hours ago

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

1 Answer 1 hours ago
    • smoking in cuba

by nigelkingsley Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM

how much smoke is around in cuba...... i have a big problem with cigarettes and even more with cigars......
      wondering if there are places where smoking is forbidden etc - (like back home).....
      any tips here pls ?
      thanks

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • oldest cemctery

by margaretcasola Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 6:02 PM

What is the oldest cemetery in Havana ?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • Nightclub without Jineteras

by Julioruizal Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I´ve been to Cuba a couple of times and I love it but I can´t seem to find a nightclub where I won´t get harrased by Jineteras. I just want to go to a Club with normal Cuban people. A nightclub where I can meet ordinary Cubans (Non - Jineteras). Could you recommend one?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    • Best things to do without a tour group

by mauinana Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM

We will be staying in a B&B with a guide and would like some suggestions that won't be on the tour groups list of places to go. Music, food, architecture, art?

11 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • Traveling with my daughters to Varadero

by gyyc Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Im a single dad this is our first trip they have heard from friends that cuba won't be safe and we will get ripped off.G

7 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    • A place to learn and improve salsa skills

by sausalita Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Hello, I am going to Cuba in October and would like to learn salsa there. Anyone knows a good place to learn dancing salsa? Thanks
      Julie

3 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    • MarquettaB's Profile Photo

in of dental services

by MarquettaB Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I need dental work done like dental implants, root canal, cleaning will in Havana from May 1-31st

2 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    • Meetup inHavana ( London)

by lavina1 Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Hi, we're 2 friends from Londn here in Havana and Varadero for the first time from 18th to 25th April. Would love to meet new people visiting and locals.

Lavina
      +44-7971-35-3070

• geography project about Havana 2 human made tourist attractions

by abc123zzzz Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM

what is a tour in Havana as a well known tourist attractions

3 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    • Traveling in Havana with handicap person

by sdoliver Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I will be going to Cuba next week with my grandmother -- She has alot of issues walking and takes very small steps. Does anyone has recommendations for Havana that are not too hard and that do not involve crowds or a lot of walking. We will only be in Havana for 3 days before going to Varadero to visit some family members.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

Quiet Hotel in Central Havana

by glenn57 Online Now Oct 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Hi. Can anyone recommend a quiet hotel (one that is quiet at night so I can sleep) in central Havana (either Old Havana, or the 50's area section of town) ? I stayed once at the Plaza Hotel near Old Havana, and people were shouting in the streets until 3 AM every night, so I got very little sleep. So this time I'd like a hotel that is in an area where no one is yelling on the streets.

1 Answer Oct 14, 2012 at 4:44 AM
    • merbal's Profile Photo

from Havana to Varadero airport...

by merbal Online Now Sep 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Hi!

I have a flight 19.30 clock from Varadero...
      Viazul goes there 12.00 clock and arrives 14.15
      i dont wanna wait 5 hours at airport. Anyone can recomend another cheap solution to get the airport??
      thank you!! Bali

7 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    • 43beckos's Profile Photo

English Premier League Football

by 43beckos Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Hi VT

Does anybody know of any bars in Havana that show English Premier League football.

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Tropicana Cabaret

by JamieM_71 Online Now Jul 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hi folks! Does anyone know or recall seeing teens at the Tropicana before? Or are the local liquar restrictions similar to those of North America? I'd like to bring my girls to a show,but i'm not certain if i'm making a false promise to them. I don't recall seeing families,but I wasn't exactly looking at the crowd. Thanks and enjoy your travels.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    • Trains leaving Habana for Santiago de Cuba - What days of the week??!

by Fi_HB Online Now Jun 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Trying to work out what days of the week train No 1 (faster) goes from Habana to Santiago de Cuba. It leaves at 1820 and arrives 0950 the next day... We know its every three days, but no where can we find what days of the week it departs!

We need to leave Habana on a Saturday and would rather take the overnight train than the bus.... Help appreciated.

2 Answers Jun 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    • How many days to see/experience Havana?

by ciaraireland Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM

We am hoping to travel to Cuba for 10 days this year. We are looking at 10 days, split between Havana and Varadero. Would it be possible to see the sights / experience the culture of Havana in 4 days or would longer be needed?

4 Answers Nov 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Taxis to Trinidad.

by JamieM_71 Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Hi folks! I'm planning another Cuban vacation that includes Trinidad. Has anyone ever rented a taxi to ferry them to Trinidad from Havana? I've read it's quite worth it,but want to hear more. Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Beach holiday hot spots?

by schmechi Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM

We want to make a round trip and combine it with a beach holiday... I already checked the cities and sights, we want to visit, but I'm still unsure where we should head for bathing...
      We are aged from 25 to 30 and it is more important for us to be on a hot spot with the possibility of partying instead of a paradise beach in the middle of nowhere...
      Where to stay for a week will also influence which international airport we chose (HAV, VRA, HOG or SCU), so which region you'd recommend?

4 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    • Jptravels4fun's Profile Photo

Meetup in Havana.

by Jptravels4fun Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Will be traveling to Havana March 5 and leaving the 9th. I would enjoy meeting someone for a drink or a coffee.

John

3 Answers Feb 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM
    • Havana Visit

by sundancer340 Online Now Jan 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I would to visit Havana and need hotel recomendations
      Not in terested in beach,would like cultural,history love to see architure and art shopping.. *** to **** rating

7 Answers Mar 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    • acid2004's Profile Photo

Havana Photo Tours

by acid2004 Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hi
      has anyone used services of the company called Authentic Cuba Travel, I like their photo tour offer, but cannot find reviews and opinions about the company itself, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Dec 24, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Cuban Spanish

by Karlie85 Online Now Nov 23, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I've been to Havana once before and am going again in January. I don't speak Spanish and can read some stuff, but would like to know a bit more. I'd like a little phrasebook or dictionary. The only ones I've been able to find so far online are "Latin American Spanish" and "Costa Rican Spanish". As far as I understand it, the language is a bit different from country to country.

Can anyone recommend a good phrasebook that I can use to get by in Cuba? I don't need to be having fluent conversations with people, but I'd like to be able to say the basics. Would the Latin American one be sufficient, or too different?

Thanks.

5 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 4:08 AM
    • Ramblings's Profile Photo

Reconfimation for Cubana Air flights

by Ramblings Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I have read: If you are flying Cubana make sure you reconfirm your return flight at least 72 WORKING hours before it leaves. I tried to do this and all I have is a record locator ID no reservation number. Most articles say that the reservation will be automatically cancelled, and the seat sold if this is not done.

Is that ONLY for leaving Cuba?

We leave Thursday for Havana. Any suggestions as to how to reconfirm our getting there flight. Or is that unnecessary?.

I went to Cubana site and don't know where else to look or go.

Thanks for any assistance.

15 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    • CorkyUK's Profile Photo

Havana at Christmas

by CorkyUK Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Hi
      I was delighted to find cheap flights over Christmas to Cuba as my partenr is a teacher and this makes affordable a bit travel ticky due to school holidays. We are arriving on Chrismas Eve and planning to stay in a bed and breakfast. I am just a bit worried about finding places to eat etc on Christmas day - Are bars, resturants generally open or do we need to stock up on food. Can't really afford an up market hotel with everything all inclusive.
      Appreciate any advice hoping to be in Havana for about 5 days

4 Answers Nov 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    • viazul terminal

by acandm Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM

where exactly does the Viazul bus from Havana to Trinidad leave from? Are there any recommended casas particulares nearby?

7 Answers Nov 16, 2011 at 1:45 AM
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

What to do in Havana

by ValeryCollins Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I am going to Cuba for a week and will be spending a few days in Havana before moving on to Breezes for a week.
      Are there any sights that must be seen while I am there?
      thanks

3 Answers Oct 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    • Visiting Havana in January - I have some questions

by italmelb Online Now Sep 17, 2011 at 5:41 AM

Hi All

I have managed to include Havana as part of my round the world trip. I will be in Havana for 3 days in January and since it is such a different/unique destinations I have quite a number of questions which I hope those who have already been there can answer :)

First of all I must say that I have already booked my accommodation. I found a great casa particular with penthouse views for only 35 CUC per night which I think is a bargain

Now my questions:

1) Since I will be there for 3 days, how much CUC will I need? Can I also use CUP for certain items?

2) What is the weather like in Havana in January? Is it cold? is it rainy? sunny? humid?

3) Does Cuba have proper supermarkets where tourists can buy western products? If yes could you name some?

4) Is it safe to go out and about with my camera during the day?

5) What kind of souvenirs could I buy there?

6) Is the city very big? Am I able to walk to most places or do I need a taxi? and with taxis do you negotiate the price before you get in?

Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    • ebook travel guide about cuba and havana for my iphone ?

by james44 Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Hello travellers,

Where can I buy an ebook travel guide to go to cuba and havana for my iphone ?

I am planning to go to cuba in April 2012 and I would like to travel light, so I thought to take with me a travel guide on my iphone.

Can someone give an advice and a link to a guide to go there. I think I would also travel to santiago and trinidad.

thx.
      james

4 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 2:53 AM
    • Where can you get money out using a Visa debit card?

by ParfittJ Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 12:45 AM

My son is staying in Cuba.

We want to know where can he use either at an ATM or via a bank his New Zealand bank issued Visa debit card

Otherwise how else can you transfer money from New Zealand to Cuba? We have accounts at either the ANZ or ASB banks

Thanks so much!

5 Answers May 12, 2011 at 7:05 AM