Haugesund

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 5 days around haugesund

by AnnetteM9 Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:23 AM

What are the best places to go during my 5 days around haugesund? I will be staying in Haugesund

• from haugesund to pulpit rock

by AnnetteM9 Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 4:20 AM

What is the cheapest way to travel from haugesund to see the pulpit rock? Can you use the 3 day Kolombus card?

• clothes to wear in haugesund

by AnnetteM9 Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM

What should I wear in haugesund from july to september (male clothes)

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • Any hiking/walking suggestions for five day trip to Haugesund

by karla310 Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 3:35 PM

We are two people going over to Haugesund for five days (Thurs to Tues) and are looking for some ideas/suggestions for hiking/walking in the area. We have booked accommodation in the city but are willing to stay on route if we can figure out a multiple day hike. Would anyone be able to recommend any hikes (1-3 days) and be able to tell us if transport to hiking/walking areas is accessible?

Thanks

KD

1 Answer Aug 31, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    • Haugesund to fister

by sammac Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Am arrving at Haugesund airport at 15,45 on a weekday, need to get to fister - can this be done by rail or coach

Also must be back at Haugesund airport at 14.00 on Sunday - travelling in December

thank you

sammac

1 Answer Aug 6, 2009 at 5:07 AM
    • car ferry

by chicagoblondie Online Now Aug 5, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I need the car ferry schedule for Haugesund, Stavanger, Karmoy. Where do I go online to find that?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    • 3 1/2 days around Haugesund

by intlkitty Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 12:18 PM

hi
      we will arrive in haugesund on the 16 Aug and leave on the 19 Aug....i have looked at a bunch of sites and don't know where to begin. we are happy to rent a car and happy to stay outside of haugesund if convenient for our explorations. we would like to see fjords, nature, do hiking, and see the culture of the quaint villages..any suggestions of an itinery and hotels/ accommodation?
      i saw the 'norway in a nutshell tour' it sounds great but i thought it would take too much time to travel to Bergen.
      many thanks

2 Answers Aug 12, 2007 at 3:17 PM
    • mccrorj's Profile Photo

Costings

by mccrorj Online Now Jun 2, 2007 at 11:07 AM

I have just read the costs of basic items in Oslo and was wondering if they are comparable with Haugesund. Having never travelled in Norway I was keen to visit but a little daunted by the costs suggested for Oslo. I'm looking for cheapish hotel and ideas for food prices, clearly an idea of how much a beer is likely to cost would be appreciated. The last question I had was about transport, can anyone advise me how easy it is to make the journey from the airport to either Haugesund itslef or alternatively to Bergen.

1 Answer Jun 3, 2007 at 4:19 PM
    • Haugesund to Bergen

by mstuart Online Now Sep 12, 2006 at 7:58 AM

I am loooking at traveling from Haugesund to Bergen and then coming back to Haugesund to take a flight out. I am thinking of going up by bus or train and coming back by ferry. What do you suggest - would that be a good way to see this part of Norway? Once in Bergen, we will take the Norway in a Nutshell - am I missing anything on this short 3-4 day trip - any routing suggestions

thank you

1 Answer Sep 12, 2006 at 1:39 PM
    • Budget Accommodation In Haugesund??

by grzechotnik4 Online Now May 23, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Does anybody know about inexpensive place to rent in June (and possibly July)
      for 4 guys (eg. 2 rooms + a kitchen and a bathroom) ??
      Any advice welcome!!

2 Answers Jun 5, 2006 at 3:44 AM
    • Transportation from Haugesund to Bergen

by travelling_family Online Now May 13, 2006 at 6:17 PM

We will buy ScanRail. Can we use this pass for going from Haugesund to Bergen? If not, how much from Haugesund to Bergen by bus/ferry. Thank you.

2 Answers May 15, 2006 at 2:51 AM
    • Should we stay in Haugesund

by tangerine26 Online Now May 6, 2006 at 9:10 AM

We are flying into Haugesund at the end of July and wonder whether to book a hotel there or go straight on up to Bergen . Were not intending to hire a car so wonder if it is easy to use buses, trains and boats. If we should stay a couple of days around Haugesund can you recommend any small hotels in a reasonably quiet location. Also best way to travel to Bergen.Intend to do the Nutshell tour, Does this need booking at this time of year end july /Beg.August. What places should we visit and any small hotel guest house recommendations. 2 adults travelling %0 years old! We have 9 days in Norway flying back again from Haugesund

4 Answers May 7, 2006 at 11:52 AM
    • Things to do in Haugesund

by peiw Online Now Dec 20, 2005 at 4:56 AM

Hi,

I'm going to Haugesund for 2 nights in January.

1) Can you tell me what are the interesting things to do or visit there? I only have 2 days to go around, and don't have a car. So, I'm just thinking about the city center area (anywhere within walking distance or short bus ride).

2) I heard about the Viking Village, how do I get there and is it worth a visit?

Thanks for your help..

peiw

2 Answers Dec 21, 2005 at 5:48 PM
    • many minutes and less ideas.

by mikegjames Online Now Jun 13, 2005 at 8:14 AM

Hi All
      We are flying into Haugesund in late August for 2 nights and are interested in seeing Glaciers, pulpit or Preekstoel and Kayaking. We are really keen on spending a day up a fjord kayaking but cant seem to find anyone hiring kayaks out. We are not particularly fussed if we don't stay in Haugesund so if you can suggest a good campsite or B&B that is central to our interests that would be great. Local area maps anyting would be good.
      Take care of yourselves and thanks for your responses in advance.

MGJ

4 Answers May 5, 2006 at 2:57 PM
    • fjords from Haugesund

by zoggyblot Online Now Mar 6, 2005 at 10:53 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to travel around Hardangerfjord from Haugesund. We're flying to Haugesund in May and want to travel around Hardangerfjord by ferry but are struggling with the Norwegian ferry websites. Can you advise us on where we should visit and where we should stay. Maybe one or two stops and/or a cruise up the fjord.

Zoggy

9 Answers Mar 12, 2005 at 6:27 AM
    • Ryan Air from Haugesund to London

by msdawn Online Now Jul 14, 2004 at 4:04 PM

Hello all! My sister and I will be traveling is Sept from London to Denmark, Sweden, and finishing our trip doing the Norway Nutshell Tour to the coast. We are looking at flying out of Haugesund on the Ryan Air Flight back to London. Is this a reliable flight that leaves daily like it says, or is there a reputation of canceling flights if they are not full?

5 Answers Jul 28, 2007 at 1:34 PM
    • What to do in Haugesund?

by mstuart Online Now Feb 12, 2004 at 12:12 PM

I am coming in on Ryan Air in early Sept. Would like to take "Norway in a Nutshell" out of Bergen and then return and fly out. Any idea how I get to Bergen cheaply to do this, and should I be thinking of anything else while in the area? thanks

3 Answers Apr 16, 2004 at 1:01 AM