Haugesund Travel Answers

change location
mccrorj's Profile Photo

Costings

by mccrorj Online Now Jun 2, 2007 at 11:07 AM

I have just read the costs of basic items in Oslo and was wondering if they are comparable with Haugesund. Having never travelled in Norway I was keen to visit but a little daunted by the costs suggested for Oslo. I'm looking for cheapish hotel and ideas for food prices, clearly an idea of how much a beer is likely to cost would be appreciated. The last question I had was about transport, can anyone advise me how easy it is to make the journey from the airport to either Haugesund itslef or alternatively to Bergen.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • SORHUS's Profile Photo

Re: Costings

by SORHUS Online Now Jun 3, 2007 at 4:19 PM

the cost of basic items are roughly the same since its the same chain stores there as in oslo
    depending on when you are going, the cabins at the camp ground would be cheapest i think, then try out skeisvang gjestegiveri
    beer is expensive in norway if you buy it at the pub... sir toby might have cheaper beer then the trendy pubs/bars down at the habour
    the airport bus into town would be cheapest, it will take you to the bus station , where you also would find the buses to bergen (about 3 -3,5 hours north of haugesund)
    august is a very happening month in haugesund and its hard to find a place to stay... there will also be a lot of concerts both in june and july

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines