Hastings Travel Answers

change location

Mandushka

by mandushka Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Hello! I live in norwich, norfolk. I would like to visit my friend, who has recently moved to Hastings. Can I get a coach, or even a train straight to Hastings without going to london first? Or can anyone tell me, which is the cheapest/quickest way to get there? Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Mandushka

by leics Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Yopu will find train times, deails and fares for all UK trains here:

www.nationalrail.co.uk

Long-distance buses (coaches) for the whole of the UK here:

www.nationalexpress.com

Long-distance buses for some routes:

www.megabus.com

You do not really have a choice about train routes: the site will show the fastest route, but even then it will require changes (possibly 3) because of the geographical postitions of Norwich and Hastings.

If your journey requires passing through London, then that is what you will do unless you work out your own route and buy separate tickets for each segment. This will not be cheaper, and will probably be more expensive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Coaches are cheaper than trains, but slower.

You will have to change coaches in London anyway, just as you will have to change trains. There is no direct bus.

• anitpotter's Profile Photo

by anitpotter Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 7:09 AM

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Yes it is impossible to go from Norwich to Hastings by bus or train without going through London.

I would go from Norwich to London Liverpool Street station, take a bus over the river to London Bridge station from where there are at least two trains to Hastings every hour, every day of the week.

Otherwise take the Circle Line underground from Liverpool Street round to Charing Cross station, from where the trains through London Bridge start their journey.

Try to avoid travelling before 0900 on weekdays as fares are very, very expensive.

If you know your exact journey times you can buy a ticket in advance and possibly save a good deal of cash.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines