Hasselt Travel Answers

change location

Apartment to rent - 6 montths

by Diane14 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Hi

I am urgently looking for an apartment/ house to rent for 6 months with possibility to extend the contract. Could you recommend me some good sources for identifying a good one? I would like to go for a 2-bedrooms one... ideally close to Diepenbeek...

thank you so much

Regards

D.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Apartment to rent - 6 montths

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM

You might look at VRBO until you get some answers here. www.vrbo.com It is Vacation Rental by Owner but they might be willing (or even happy) to rent for a longer period. Be sure to ask for a long-term discount. We always do and have always gotten one.

You can also type Hasselt into the VT Search Window and check Accommodations tips.

There is time difference so you should get more answers later, hopefully someone who lives or has lived there for apartment rentals rather than vacation homes, but at least VRBO is a start.

Good luck.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Apartment to rent - 6 montths

by Diane14 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I appreciate your reply.

Thank you

D

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Ronaldi's Profile Photo

by Ronaldi Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Most used site for rentals in Belgium is http://www.immoweb.be/en/
    But take in mind that rental houses and appartments in Belgium are normally without furniture.

Another option is contacting a hotel in the neighbourhood and make a deal for a long stay.

1 member found this helpful

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM

If you don't want to answer the very practical questions above publicly, click on the name KShezz and you'll go to her Home Page. Under her photo, click on Message to send a private message. You have a great offer of help here.

Good luck.

• Re: Apartment to rent - 6 montths

by Diane14 Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM

No, that's fine. The answer is yes, except the ;anguage. However, I still struggling to find 2 bed-rooms flat/ house. I will pay around 1000 Eur, but need furniture.

thanks

D

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I'd be tempted to get an inexpensive vacation rental (asking for a long-term discount) even if only for a couple months. You'd be set for a while and have the freedom to look around, perhaps even arranging house-sitting for the rest of your time if you meet people there. The other option would be to try for house-sitting from the start. We've had house-sitters when we've been gone a long time and it helped both of us. They paid our house payment and we took a nice long vacation while they worked on a local engineering project. You have the VRBO web site above and another is Home Away. homeaway.com/search/keywords...

If there is a university nearby, check for faculty on sabbatical looking for a house-sitter. Lots of possibilities. You have a job; does the company have a Human Resources dept.? Perhaps they could give you some contacts.

Good luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines