Harwich Travel Answers

change location
LarryN3's Profile Photo

Harwich train station at port to Stansted Airport

by LarryN3 Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Can anyone help me plan a trip from a cruise dock at Harwich to Stansted Airport in the early morning approximately 8am. I have a flight that boards at 12:30 pm. Thanks for your replies in advance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Harwich train station at port to Stansted Airport

by cubsur Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Answered under the same question put in the London forum but in case anyone else reads this one I repeat my answer here:

If you are coming from the ferry that arrives at Harwich in the morning, there is a direct train from Harwich International to Cambridge at 0750 on weekdays and Saturdays, which has a connection at Cambridge for Stansted Airport arriving at 1040am.

There is no train connection by that route on Sundays or Holidays when it would be necessary to go via London.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

@ cubsur - note that the OP is coming from the "cruise dock" with an ETA 0800. it takes at least 10 minutes to get to Harwich Int train station from there.

The www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk link gives ALL the options around that time/

@ the OP - you will need to be at Stansted at least an hour before departure time if you have checked-in online - otherwise two hours. Stansted is one of my least favourite airports for departing from as it can be very slow.

If you arrive early and can catch the Cambridge train that would be the cheapest way to go but otherwise I reckon a local taxi will be the best option

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Having a quick look at train times - if you make the 0803 or the 0833 from Harwich Int then you should have plenty of time but if not then taxi. BTW the train fare is about £33 (not via London) or just over44 via London. A taxi isn't going to be much more than that.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines