change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Elderly Couple Visiting Tallinn

Tallinn Apr 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Couple in their seventies visiting in July. Not able to walk very long distances. A short list of 4 star hotels close to places of interest would be appreciated.
      How to get to the port for ferry to Helsinki, Is signage clear in English at the port ?
      Cost of taxi from airport to hotels.

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Elderly Couple Visiting Tallinn

Tallinn Apr 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Couple in their seventies visiting in July. Not able to walk very long distances. A short list of 4 star hotels close to places of interest would be appreciated.
      How to get to the port for ferry to Helsinki, Is signage clear in English at the port ?
      Cost of taxi from airport to hotels.

4 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • Minibus from Tallinn to Kuressaare

Tallinn Mar 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Where to I get the minibus to Kuressaare and do I need to reserve in advance? Also would appreciate knowing how often they go and the cost.
      Grateful for answers! :)

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • Bus/Tram travel in tallinn

Tallinn Mar 19, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I have a lot of questions regarding public transport. Will be in Tallinn this summer with my daughter & grandson and expect sometimes to use a bus or tram.
      Are individual tickets only sold by the driver? Cost? Do these tickets need to be validated and how do I do that?
      Is it true that Seniors travel for free?
      How does a Smartcard work? Would we need 3 cards or can one card be validated 3 times? How do I add more trips onto the card?
      I realize these are very basic questions, but I would like to know before hand. Thanks to all who answer!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Easy to get from Tallinn centre to Karla?...

Karla Feb 22, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Hello all
      That's my only question really :) I take it, it has to be transport by bus or mini-bus anyway, right? Which station in Tallinn do the buses go from? It's only a short distance from Tallinn city centre in reality so I guess there are good transport links?
      Thank you all again!
      DG

3 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 3:50 AM
    • one day return ferry from tallinn to helsinki and back approximate cost

Tallinn Feb 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM

how much is it to catch a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki during the week . We are travelling from UK to Tallinn for four nights. Is it possible to do a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki and back in one day just for a one day visit

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM
    • time to travel there and cost of ferry to helsinki

Tallinn Nov 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM

would it be a good time to go to Tallinn in mid June. is the weather usually good at that time.
      also how much is the ferry over to Helsinki (one way and return)
      thanks
      Jacky

7 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    • Need to identify statue of woman with wolf over her shoulder nr Tallinn old town

Tallinn Nov 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Hello, I need to identify the park where I saw a statue in dark grey metal (bronze?) of a (mythological?) woman with a crown on her head and a (dead) wolf draped over her left shoulder. Any ideas? It's in a park close to the old town in Tallinn. I can send a picture if need be! Thank you!
      Phoebe / Paris

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    • SW2's Profile Photo

Ferry to Helsinki

Tallinn Oct 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I'm travelling to Tallinn next week and I was wondering of you have to book tickets for the ferry to helsinki in advance or if you can also book a return ticket at the ferry terminal before departure? I'm not sure yet for doing a day trip to helsinki, that's why I would like to have the opportunity to buy it there on the spot. And what about prices, are they more expensive in the terminal than on the internet?

6 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • HardiH's Profile Photo

Who knows Arukula small borough?

Arukula Oct 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • Who knows Arukula?

Arukula Oct 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • shamanee's Profile Photo

Need some tips for bars and coffees ir Tallinn

Tallinn Oct 3, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Hello,

Me and my friend want to go to Tallinn from Vilnius. I know that Tallinn is more expensive than Vilnius. Maybe could you recommend me some cheaper places to eat in Tallinn and cheaper bars? Last time I was there, the bottle of beer cost 2,9 EUR (in Lithuania it cost max 2 EUR)
      Also, could you recommend me which companies bus can I take? There are few companies going Vilnius-Tallinn

6 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    • New Years Eve

Tallinn Sep 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Hi, we are 5 couples from Scotland travelling to Tallin for New Year and our hotel is near the Old Town. Can anyone help with the names of good restaurants, functions etc we can attend to celebrate New Years Eve? Thank you and any replies appreciated.

12 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • how get to the island?

Naissaar Sep 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Is it possible to get to Naissar from Tallinn on October or November? I am alone traveler, not from organized group.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

Lahemaa National Park

Tallinn Jul 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM

How can I get from Tallinn to Lahemaa National Park? I would like to get there by myself and do some hiking. Is there a train or / and a bus? Where from exactly do they start? Where is the best place to get off? I would be grateful to get some advice.

6 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Glutein free products in cafes?

Tallinn Jul 24, 2013 at 5:01 AM

We are travlling to Tallin next week to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Does someone know if there is glutein free cakes at local cafes? There is one person with coeliac disease in our 7 people party. And we should know where we meet at the old town. My parents don´t know they are going, and at friday my mother might disapoint a little not having my sisters family with us. We try to take them to cafe at saturday and make another surprise, having them there! (First one is the trip). But it would be nice to have a cafe, where her daughter could also eat a piece of cake.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

Various

Tallinn Jul 21, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I'm coming to Tallinn on 4th August at 2 p.m. How can I get to the hotel "Metropol" (Roseni 13, Kesklinn, 10111 Tallin) by public transport? Does the bus No.90K operated by Hansabuss still go to city for 2 euros per ride?
      Another thing which I kindly ask you is whether there are some buffet to have lunch in the city? Also, I'm thinking during my short stay till 8th August to get somewhere outside the city because I love hiking and would like to see some interesting spots, to feel fresh air ? And I don't know where? I heard that there are interesting walking / hiking trails in Estonia. Thank you in advance

6 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    • Aitana's Profile Photo

Ferry Helsinki-Tallinn and car rental

Tallinn Jul 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

In August we will travel from Helsinki to Tallin and plan to take a ferry. Is it convenient to book it in advance?

We are planning to rent a car in Tallinn to travel around. Is it convenient to book in advance? Are there any problems to cross to Latvia and Lithuania with a rental car?
      Any tips or links about driving in Estonia are welcome.
      Thanks in advance,
      Carmen

4 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Flower festival

Tallinn Jul 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I just heard there is some kind of flower festival at Tallinn. We are going ther from 2.-4.8. to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary (they don´t know that we are taking them). My mother loves flowers. The info page is in Estonian. I understand some of it, as the language is so close to Finnish, but could someone tell if there is any happenings at that weekend, or is it "only" the flowers? And where are the best places to go and see them? Hopefully it wont rain. We try to think what they would like to do. We can´t ask them, because they don´t know about the trip. (They only know they are coming to Tampere)

3 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    • Lake Ülemiste

Tallinn Jun 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Hi! I would like to see Ülemiste lake, is it open to public access?

3 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • Day trip without car

Tallinn Jun 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hi community,

I'm going to visit Tallinn for three days and for one day I would like to use the chance to get to know another part of Estonia (maybe in the region).
      Is there any day trip (with public transport!) you can recommend?

Thank you for helping me!

Hedap

8 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    • MR239's Profile Photo

Tallinn at Christmas time

Tallinn Jun 13, 2013 at 9:05 PM

We are planning to visit Tallinn during Christmas time this year, 24-26th of December.
      Would like to figure out what we can do with teenagers at that time.
      Is there any interesting places, except the Old Town itself of course, that would be open?
      Does the Christmas market close early on 24th? Is it open on 25th?
      We would like to visit Kiek in de Kök and Bastion Tunnels, but they say on the website that it is closed on public holidays. Is 26th also a public holiday?
      What about the Open Air Museum? Thank you!

1 Answer Jun 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    • Returning bottles

Tallinn Jun 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Hi! I've lived in Tallinn for nearly a year now, and have been collecting my bottles in my apartment. I'm very engaged in recycling and want to find a place where I can give away my bottles. I know they exist, but haven't found out where yet. Any ideas about where to go? Thank you!

6 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Place to eat at 50th wedding anniversary

Tallinn May 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

We will come to Tallinn at first weekend of August to celebrate our parents wedding anniversary. Any suggestions where to eat with them? Me and my husband liked Restaurant Olivers a lot, but my sister wants to hear some other suggestions also. I know my parents like "Peppersack", but they have eaten there at most of their visits, so it would be nice to take them to some new place. There should be steaks at menu, and nothing too fancy (too expensive, or places where steak is hiiden under a small slice of some vegetable, they don´t like those). We will be 6 to 8 people, so not a place with only small tables. My mom loves to eat out. I think there was tables outside at Olivers (?), but of course we can´t know if it rains. Not Olde hansa, none of us don´t like that kind of food, even if the place looks nice.

4 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    • Walk around Tallin,Estonia

Tallinn Apr 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Hi I am in Tallin on a cruise ship on 7th May 2013,the Old Town sounds very intriguing for a walk around as does Kadriorg and Pirita, I have also read somewhere that there is a prison which was closed on 2003 which can be visited,is this so and can all these sights be fitted into the hours of 9am till 4pm? thanks in advance.

7 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • EtyV's Profile Photo

Kadriorg park in Monday

Tallinn Apr 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM

We will arrive in cruise in Sep..
      Have 2 questions please:
      Does this park open in Monday?
      If so, is there a transportation from old town to the park and from the park back to the habor?

Ety

4 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Tallinn from cruise ship

Tallinn Apr 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Hi, coming to Tallinn from a cruise ship for a few hours. Just like to know how to get around from the cruise ship to the city/town and main things to see, bars, restaurants etc.
      all replies appreciated

10 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Pirita closter

Tallinn Mar 27, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Might be too late to ask, since there is not so many people at Tallinn forum usually, but I´ll try.. Witch is the easiest way to get to Pirita closter? Is there bus going, and is it only one bus or do we need to change?

8 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    • Yahia81's Profile Photo

visiting time

Tallinn Mar 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Planning my first visit by end of april, what about the weather at that time?

5 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    • travel from Tallinn to St Petersburg

Tallinn Mar 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM

we will be visiting both cities this August. it seems that there is now train service between the cities, but the duration of ride is 6 1/2 hours, almost the same as riding the bus (7 hrs)?? if this is true, which is the better means of travel?

also, if anyone has any special thoughts/ideas about either destination, please share!
      thanks, Emily

7 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    • Tallinn to Helsinki ferries

Tallinn Mar 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Hello Tallinn,
      I would like to take ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki in mid May,2013. I looked in on line booking, found 2 booking sites in English looks like from UK, they only showed Viking line and Tallink/Silja and Lida line, not showing Eckero line which suppose to be cheaper. I only intend to go on foot one way, there are other booking site but either in Finn or Estonian (which I could not understand) not in English but they show the price of the Eckero line. Could some friendly Estonian or Finn to translate "foot passenger" and one way? or any advice?
      Thanks.
      James

6 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM