change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Imlonetraveller's Profile Photo

Trip to mussoorie

Mussoorie Yesterday

Anyone can help with mussoorie trip by bike? Kind advice please about cheap hotel, place to see around, advice for wonderful night, any place which is open late in the night

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it easy to flag and board a taxi in Eillots's Beach?

Chennai (Madras) Mar 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Hi, Chennai VT,

Is it easy to flag and board an ordinary taxi in Eillot's Beach and anywhere else in India without calling a taxi in advance? Will taxi drivers without passengers stop to allow passengers to board if passengers flag?

I just want to avoid the autos.

more
    • Non-resort location South of Kovalam?

Thiruvananthapuram Mar 22, 2015 at 8:11 AM

please advise of a beach location South of Kovalam which is not as developed as Kovalam or as isolated as the 'resorts' - where I can wander from cafe to cafe, please. Maybe a village or town?
      Thank you.

more
    • gondola ride ticket

Gulmarg Mar 15, 2015 at 4:12 AM

Hi everybody
      I have a question About the gondola ride in Gulmarg Which is booking ticket via the Internet on advance or purchased on the same day when we go there?

more
    • Less touristy Kushti Akhara (centres) to recommend?

India Mar 7, 2015 at 4:02 AM

Hello everyone,

Happy Holi Day there!

Actually, this is me again need some help here from the locals.

I would like to do a photo-documentary project about Kushti wrestler when I'm visiting India next month April. (Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, and Varanasi).

I understand that there are a numbers of Akhara in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab).

There are even visitation tours catered for tourists. But I am hoping to visit some less-touristy centres and hoping to spend days and nights with them (ok, max 3 days). I want to document their lifestyle, I know they need to wake up 3am daily to do squats, sleeps at 8pm etc. I want to observe those 'rituals' as close up as possible.

Could anyone recommend or suggest some contacts so that I could try to arrange with the person in charge? It can be any locations, I don't mind travel extra-mile to visit that particular location.

I emailed this particular photojournalist, but yet to received any reply from him.
      Photos: http://www.suchetadas.com/wrestling.htm

Thank you for your help in advance. Really appreciate it.

Thanks again!
      Teo
      (Malaysia)

more
    • nppandit's Profile Photo

where do find best laal maas and safed maas

Bikaner Yesterday

where do find best laal maas and safed maas

more
    • Manali Visit on 4 April

Manali Yesterday

Sir

Is it safe to visit Manali on 4-6 April 2015 according to weather????

more
    • Off beat visits in amritsar

Amritsar Mar 24, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Are there any off beat places to visit near amritsar. We are visiting the golden temple, wagha border and jaliianwala Baugh.....anything else very Punjab!

more
    • Indian Passport

India Mar 20, 2015 at 4:55 AM

Kindly help me for getting Indian Citizenship.
      As I was foreigner and having Palestine Passport issued by Egypt Embassy in 1989 and its validity till 1994. Then I got married with an Indian in 1993. I am having Marriage certificate. Since then I am living in India and I have not renewed the passport and I have never been traveled abroad.
      I applied for Indian passport in 2014 but Indian Passport Office rejected my application.

Kindly advice me what should I do for the same.

more
    • CHEAP AND BEST HOTEL

Gangtok Mar 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM

pls suggest me the cheapest hotel !!!

more
    • Taxi airport to Palolem or Agonda

Goa Mar 1, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Anybody going to south Goa?
      I'd like to share a taxi.
      Arrival 14.03.15 from Mumbai at 06:30am with AI984.
      Adrian

more
    • mallyak's Profile Photo

Temple Tour

India Feb 28, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Besides the Temples in cities of Madurai-tanjore-Chidambaram-rameshwaram and kanya kumari is it a pleasant place to go for a holiday?

more
    • Houseboating

India Mar 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM

HI,
      Has anyone taken an overnight houseboat from Kumarakom Lake Resort? I am wondering if the boat just cruises around Vembanad Lake or if it goes into the smaller canals? Or, can anyone recommed a Luxury One-bedroom houseboat cruise from Alleppey?
      thanks

more
    • going to bangalore for studies

Bangalore Mar 23, 2015 at 7:40 AM

is bangalore city safe for me

more
    • hire a car/taxi is safe or not and how much it cost?

State of Kerala Mar 23, 2015 at 4:51 AM

hi !

i am planning to visit cochi, munnar and kovalam in mid of April. hire a car/taxi is safe or not and how much it cost while going to
      1) cochi airport to kovalam
      2) kovalam to munnar
      3) munnar to cochi

Share the rough figure of rent of cheapest and average hire car/taxi.

thanks & regards-
      richa

more
    • Anybody wanna join

Leh Mar 18, 2015 at 11:10 AM

hi,
      Me and my friend is travelling to leh in august as we are only 2 people so if any other group or few other people would like to join than kindly reply.

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Suggestions for a 3 day trip to Gauhati

Gauhati Mar 11, 2015 at 5:00 AM

I will be going in the end of March to Gauhati. I plan to see the following places --
      Kamakhya Temple
      Bhuvaneshwari Temple
      Hayagriva Temple
      Navagraha Temple
      Uma Nanda Temple
      Is it possible to go to Kaziranga Sanctuary by public transport for a day trip?
      Any other suggestions?
      Where can I find handicrafts, cane/bamboo items at a reasonable price?
      Which is the best place to see Assamese cotton weaving and embroidery. I do not want to see silk weaving. Only cotton.
      Thank you for your time,
      Seetha

more
    • genuine Portuguese cuisine in south goa

Goa Mar 7, 2015 at 7:46 PM

I will stay in betalbatim. Wish to eat genuine Portuguese cuisine. Do not wish to travel lot may be a walk about 2-3 miles from Betalbatim beach ( my stay place will be around 1/2 mile from beach). Advice for a quiet place & not music loud music

more
    • good place in Rishikesh ?

Rishikesh Mar 7, 2015 at 12:47 AM

I plan to go to rishikesh soon,

I'm looking for a place to learn yoga, beginners class, and also to meet kind and sweet girls (travelers)

does anyone knows an ashram in Rishikesh or anywhere else in North India ?

thanks

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Are there places of interest surrounding Chennai International Airport?

Chennai (Madras) Mar 1, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Hi, India VT,

Are there places of interest surrounding Chennai International Airport? I have 1 day stopover in Chennai. Can you suggest briefly what i can see around the airport? Does Chennai have Chinatown? Which is the Seventh-Day Adventist Church nearest to the airport?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where to find the Seventh-Day Adventist Church nearest to Hyderabad International Airport?

Hyderabad Feb 28, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Where to find the Seventh-Day Adventist Church nearest to Hyderabad International Airport? Is it in Nampally?

more
    • need your help

Srinagar Yesterday

good morning
      there is heavy rain in kashmir as i heard. is there is worry of flooding ? how safe to be there during this period? is roads closed between srinagar and other cities?
      thank you

more
    • Imlonetraveller's Profile Photo

Need companion

New Delhi Yesterday

I am travelling mussoorie by bike in couple of days. Anyone need company?

more
    • Will I find snow in March

Manali Mar 17, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Will I find snow in the month of March , i would be arriving on 21st !!

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Any food court or vegetarian restaurant near or in Chennai Airport?

Chennai (Madras) Mar 17, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Hi, Chennai VT,

Are there food courts or vegetarian restaurants near or in Chennai Airport? Where to find a guide to dining in Chennai especially near the airport?

Chyan

more
    • taxi in haridwar

by pdevp Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

we want tot stay few days in Patanjali yoga peeth. but want to flexible and want to hire a taxi for our entire stay. any of you had done that before? Let me know the cost for a taxi for one full day.

4 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • abdielf's Profile Photo

Is April a good time for travel thru Uttar Pradesh?

by abdielf Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 1:08 AM

Is it a good time to decide traveling on April thru Haridwar, Rishikesh, Dehra-dun, Mussorie, etc.?

I want to be able to do some water rafting, trekking, and visit monuments and places, all that in a period of 4 days!

Abdiel

1 Answer Nov 1, 2007 at 1:39 PM
    • abdielf's Profile Photo

Shatabdi express tickets info

by abdielf Online Now Oct 9, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Hi, do you remember how much does tickets cost for the shatabdi express from Delhi to Haridwar, and how did you get them? Do yo have to get them on advanced?

Best regards,

Abdiel.

2 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 9:16 PM
    • Accomodation in Haridwar

by vishwajit76 Online Now May 19, 2007 at 1:41 AM

Dear Guys,

Iam planning to travel to Haridwar in the second week of June. I want to know whether this will an appropriate period to visit there and secondly I need some info. about budget hotels available there. Furhter I would glad if someone cold let me know whether its feasible to travel to Rishikesh in one day. Look fwd. to hear from you people.

Take care, Vishwajit

4 Answers May 25, 2007 at 5:40 AM
    • excellent budget accom that suits a young child

by hadidooda Online Now Jun 10, 2006 at 11:51 AM

Can you recommend accomodation that will suit a 5 year old? I am looking for buget.

• guruji

by praveen_kumar Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 8:09 AM

Hello friends,
      I am going to come to haridwar in one month. Some people have told me about a woman called Guruji. She is a saint. But I dont have her address. Can you please help me?
      If you can give me some more information also, I will highly appreciate.

Thank you.

1 Answer Apr 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM
    • Corbett Tiger Reserve

by canadianclodio Online Now Jun 18, 2004 at 10:13 PM

Hello, What do you think our chances would be of seeing wild tigers (there's no chance at all - maybe if you're lucky - there's a good chance - there's a very good chance) and wild elephants (there's no chance at all - maybe if you're lucky - there's a good chance - there's a very good chance) inside the Corbett Tiger Reserve during a two-three day stay in Feb. or March, 2005? Would this park-reserve be the best place in India to see these animals? What would be the best way to visit? Thank you for your help. Clodio

5 Answers Jul 1, 2004 at 2:12 PM
    • Himalayputra's Profile Photo

Yamunotri - Saptarishi Kund

by Himalayputra Online Now Apr 29, 2004 at 8:59 PM

i am planning to visit Yamunotri in May2004. i've heard about the lake called Saptarishi Kund above Yamunotri, which is the actual birth-place of Yamuna. It has been stated that the way to reach Saptarishi Kund is very difficult. How difficult is it? If anyone who has actually gone up there could give a detailed account, I'll be thankful. Aravind

9 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM