Harbour Island District

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Are there car ferries to the Bahamas?

Grand Bahama Island Apr 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Are there car ferries from Florida to the Bahama Islands? If so what is the cost?

more
    • Cheapest way to see the Exuma Cays while staying on Great Exuma

Exuma District Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My fiance and I are travelling to Exuma end of May to get married. Most all our available (ie: saved up) fiances are going into the trip and resort stay so that we get the free wedding. This leave very little disposable income to do much else with. I really want to see the swimming pigs and swim with them and want to visit the iguanas. Most of the boat trips to do so cost a lot. Through the resort it's 325 per person (650 for the both of us!) and the cheapest is 200 per person. I considered renting a boat on our own to go up there one afternoon but the only place I can find is Minn's and you have to stay in Elizabeth Harbor.

So does anyone know a really cheap alternative to seeing these islands or a cheap boat rental place? Neither of us have our captains license but I am no stranger to a basic power boat as those are used for fishing where I'm from (as well as pontoons and such) I understand that this is not quite the same as the ocean waters and would have to really see it to estimate it for myself but I was thinking of a very small (12-15 footer) boat that could stay close to the coasts for traveling up through the Cays there. Are there any locals that do this sort of thing for a low cost?

Just being there is going to be a fantastic thing and being able to see water that clear and blue. This will be my first time ever being out of the country! :) I'm a water baby by nature and nothing thrills me more than spending a week in those waters. Any advice or help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks

more

Popular Harbour Island District Travel Answer Locations

• Planning to visit Habour Island

Dunmore Town Jun 4, 2006 at 8:29 AM

Has anyone stayed at Chatterbox? Do you need a golf cart since you are in town? How easy is it to get groceries? Thank-you

1 Answer Jun 29, 2006 at 5:54 AM
    • Harbour Iland on a Budget

Dunmore Town May 6, 2006 at 2:46 PM

I was wondering what is a good motel or Inn that is Affordable would you recommend. I'm going on a two to three day budget from Canada with my girlfriend and her 17 year old daughter. Looking for a place budget in mind.

we have never been there and hopefully you can give us your opinion. We will be bring our own food from Fort Lauderdale since eating out is expensive in the Bahamas from the forums we have read.

My girlfriend and her daughter want to be spending time at the beach, for us its doesn't matter if our accomodation is away from the beach as we can walk to or drive to the beaches while there. for us its about cheap accomodation with decent service, respectable owners who make your stay enjoyeable.

what would you recommendat Harbour Island Bahamas out of these place

Crow's Nest
      Laughing Birds apartments
      Bahama House Inn
      Baratta's Seashell Inn
      Quality Inn Cigatoo
      Red Apple Bed & Breakfast
      Tingum Village
      Tropical Dreams Motel resort
      Valentine's Resort and Marina

thank you for your time and your input

westcoastguy@msn.com

sincerely, Malcolm

• Harbour Island on a Budget

Harbour Island May 6, 2006 at 2:45 PM

I was wondering what is a good motel or Inn that is Affordable would you recommend. I'm going on a two day budget from Canada with my girlfriend and her 17 year old daughter. Looking for a place budget in mind.

we have never been there and hopefully you can give us your opinion. We will be bring our own food from Fort Lauderdale since eating out is expensive in the Bahamas from the forums we have read.

My girlfriend and her daughter want to be spending time at the beach, for us its doesn't matter if our accomodation is away from the beach as we can walk to or drive to the beaches while there. for us its about cheap accomodation with decent service, respectable owners who make your stay enjoyeable.

what would you recommendat Harbour Island Bahamas out of these place

Crow's Nest
      Laughing Birds apartments
      Bahama House Inn
      Baratta's Seashell Inn
      Quality Inn Cigatoo
      Red Apple Bed & Breakfast
      Tingum Village
      Tropical Dreams Motel resort
      Valentine's Resort and Marina

thank you for your time and your input

westcoastguy@msn.com

• Weather on Harbor Island

Dunmore Town Dec 11, 2002 at 5:17 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Harbor Island in January, but are concerned that it will on the chilly side--i.e. too cold for sun bathing and swimming. What have other people's experiences been in the Bahamas and N. Eleuthera in January?

5 Answers Apr 24, 2007 at 8:56 PM