Harbin Travel Answers

change location

shopping in harbin

by jiamusigirl Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 2:15 AM

i came to jiamusi china from the united states with my husband and 2 kids and our dog. we spent some time in beijing also before finally coming here though. now i am looking for certain things to get and dont want to have to go all the way back to beijing to go shopping. are there plenty of places there in harbin for westerns to find things? anyone speak english and want to be a tour guide sometime?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ellyse's Profile Photo

Re: shopping in harbin

by ellyse Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I'm not 100% sure what you want to find, nor if you'd be successful in your search. However you might want to try looking at Carrefour. Here're the addresses.

1) 40 Xidazhi Jie, Nangang district
    2) 365 Xinyang Lu, Daoli district
    3) 100 Dongzhi Lu, Daowai district
    4) 301 Hongqi Dajie
    5) 2 Sandadongli Lu

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Re: shopping in harbin

by Flying.Scotsman Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Don't know if I can be of great help, but let me know what things you are looking for, and I'll see if I can find out for you. I am in Harbin at the moment (and for another week) but my wife and I speak very little Chinese. Our son lives here and speaks Chinese and although he is very busy with his job as an esl teacher (snap) and the pet supply shop he runs with his wife,he can help with some informaion. Harbin is not the best place to be as a non Chinese speaker, but my wife and I have muddled through with sign language and very limited Chinese. Get back to me either on forum or by VT email and I'll try to help you. Bruce

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines