Hanoi Travel Answers

change location

Is Vietnam worth it?

by Tylerthompson Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

My fiancé and I are looking to stay a month in a flat in Hanoi. We want to settle in but are nervous about all the talk about scams and racism. Should we consider another spot in south east Asia? We are hardy North America and European travelers who are used to spending long periods of time I'm what most would consider uncomfortable settings, but we want to try to keep down the uncomfortable factor this time around.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Is Vietnam worth it?

by xymmot Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Why do you feel uncomfortable when you travel? When you travel you always need confidence and have a great attitude towards the different cultures that you encounter. Hanoi is a good city to visit, but I do not think I would want to live up there for a month.It gets cold up there, the people are more serous Saigon , or HCMC on the other hand is more laid back and welcomes tourist, life to me is easier and I would live in HCMC for a month instead. Try it for a while, things are cheap there and if you still feel uncomfortable, go to any of the other neighboring countries there. May be Thailand can be your thing. They have lots of tolerance on strange tourist as long as you have money. Good luck and
    cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodoriole's Profile Photo

Re: Is Vietnam worth it?

by goodoriole Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM

it's great time to visit HA NOi now as the weather is very beautiful and comfortable, the temp is about 23-27 celsius degree, there are many hotels and accommodation suitable for u due to its cheap price, if u can't afford to stay in a hotel, u can stay with a family there to experience daily life of vietnamese people, as long as they realize that u are a kind person and reliable, something like adventure, but i like adventure tour

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hanoi