Hanoi Travel Answers

change location
Namoye's Profile Photo

Weather in Hanoi in August

by Namoye Online Now May 29, 2008 at 2:02 PM

My husband and I are going to Vietnam in the middle of August this year. Does anyone know how the weather usually is for that periode? we would like to have some advice from the one who has been there at the same periode of the year.

Your input is much appreciated.

Namoye

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cafank's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in Hanoi in August

by cafank Online Now May 29, 2008 at 6:47 PM

Hi , I was in Hanoi last August and we had great weather. Fairly warm - swimming everday in Halong Bay and pretty hot and sweaty in Hanoi itself. It was humid but not unbearable. We had a couple of afternoon thunder storms but nothing exciting.

Never wore a jumper or ling trousers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cafank's Profile Photo

by cafank Online Now May 29, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Check out this site for detailed weather from the past year - it was very stormy when we got further south and we just missed out on a cyclone coming in to Hoi An the year before in August. http://www.wunderground.com/history

Under the history tab you can see weather for the last few Augusts - I use it before every trip for great packing info!

• Namoye's Profile Photo

by Namoye Online Now May 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Thank you for your reply cafank :-)

So you don't think that we should worry about the weather at all. I am just afraid that we will be effected by flood that we will get stuck somewhere in Vietnam. This is the first time for us to visit Vietnam as well.

• Re: Weather in Hanoi in August

by eGecko Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Hi Namoye,
    Hanoi in Aug is very hot and humid. There are sometimes rains and storms (flooding), but they would not last long. Hanoi is a peaceful city and offers many things to see. However, I would read more tips to avoid some scam (taxis, hotels..). One of the good sources is from TripAdvisor website (please Google that name). Wish you have a nice time in Hanoi - my hometown which I have left (temporarily) for 6 years (missing it).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hanoi