Hanksville

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kanab Utah Visit with limited time

Kanab Jun 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Lots of great things around Kanab but it appears that they are not easy to get to on a short time frame.

Are there vistas in/near the City where one can see a touch of some of monuments etc (Grand Escalade/Vermillion/Paia etc) without having to do a deep penetration on dirt roads?

Basically, is a night or 2 in Kanab worth it if you can't get into the backcountry. (Will just be in a Sedan)

more
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Places to stop between Kanab & Santa FE

Kanab Jun 10, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I will be driving from Kanab to Santa Fe, NM. Could anyone recommend a place to stop for a night to break up the journey? I will be driving to Sedona from Santa Fe later in the trip, and plan to stop off near the Petrified Forest, so would like to try a differenmt route to that.

Thanks

more
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Post-hike beers in Hanksville

by goodfish Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 5:36 AM

Those of you who know me will laugh.

We'll be in Hanksville for a couple of days to hike Goblin, Horseshoe and Little Wild Horse. Of the grand choice of three cafes in town, is there ANYWHERE we can get a cold brew at the end of the day or do we need to stock a cooler of better brews in Moab to bring along? There is a convenience store that looks to carry some beer (probably 3.2) but, well, you know...

Same goes for Torrey, as long as I'm asking the question - will be there for a few days as well.

4 Answers Sep 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM