Hanksville Travel Answers

change location
goodfish's Profile Photo

Post-hike beers in Hanksville

by goodfish Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 5:36 AM

Those of you who know me will laugh.

We'll be in Hanksville for a couple of days to hike Goblin, Horseshoe and Little Wild Horse. Of the grand choice of three cafes in town, is there ANYWHERE we can get a cold brew at the end of the day or do we need to stock a cooler of better brews in Moab to bring along? There is a convenience store that looks to carry some beer (probably 3.2) but, well, you know...

Same goes for Torrey, as long as I'm asking the question - will be there for a few days as well.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Post-hike beers in Hanksville

by bocmaxima Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 8:03 PM

There's the Rim Rock in Torrey with a full bar (with purchase of food, of course). I think there are a couple of other places that serve 3.2% beer.

Not sure about Hanksville, but you certainly won't be finding any beer over 3.2% or wine at a convenience store. There is a state liquor store in Moab (with a surprisingly good selection) to get the higher % stuff.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Thanks Colin - sort of what I suspected.
    We'll stock up before we leave Moab. :)

• happyattorney's Profile Photo

by happyattorney Online Now Sep 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I'm new to this site and just read your initial question. I'm still chuckling - and I can relate. A good question! One cannot take those important things for granted.

(Also, love your picture in the Zion Narrows. I'm so lucky to live with Zion in my back yard).

• goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Sep 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Hi there, HappyAttorney - welcome to the mad, mad world of VT!! Nice to have you!

You have ZION in your BACKYARD (I see you live in St George)?????!!!!! You are one lucky woman. I wish we could have added a 3rd week to this trip to make it back there but that one is too good to rush. We're going to make some quality time for it sometime down the road.

Glad I gave you a laugh. Finding beer in Utah can be, well, interesting - along with those 25-cent bowls of chips you have to order to DRINK the beer in THIS part of the bar.... All very confusing but with a cooler and a hotel-room minifridge, we cheerfully manage. HA!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines