change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Specific Shops

Beijing Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Hello, im looking for two kind of shops in Bejing
      1) MMA Equipment - any MMA specific shop or big sport shop where they can have the MMA stuff
      2)Car Performance shops - i believe there is a street where all the shops are located im looking for stuff tuning and mods for my car

Thanks

more
    • Art exhibitions in Shanghai

Shanghai Dec 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hello guys, I arrived in Shanghai some weeks ago and will stay here for a couple of months to do a student exchange. Anyway, I recently walked through the Bund and passed by a hotel/art exhibition at the 'Swatch Art Peace Hotel'. They currently have a very nice exhibition, I guess it's called 'Faces & Traces'. My place is very near to the campus of the Fudan university. Do you know by chance any similar interesting museums or art exhibition in that area?

Cheers,

Scotty

more
    • kimo71's Profile Photo

chinese courses

China Nov 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I want to learn chinese language .where can i find best and economic place in china?

more
    • Yangjing's Profile Photo

I'm in lanzhou .wanna make friends

Lanzhou Yesterday

I'm in lanzhou city .is midwest of china ,I wanna get new foreigner friends in my life,I'm female,and I have study abroad experience
      If anyone wanna make friend or in this city wanna some helps ,can find me .my wechart ID:yangjing7866

more
    • travelling from Guangzhou international airport to Grand Hyatt hotel

Guangzhou Dec 12, 2014 at 4:54 PM

What would be the best way to travel to the hotel?

more
    • rosielim's Profile Photo

Transportation from Airport to Dongmen

Shenzhen Dec 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Hi, Is there another way to travel to Dongmen besides taxi? I understand that they do not use meters. What is the price like? I have booked a hotel in Dongmen for easy shopping. What are the places of interests in ShenZhen that I can visit besides shopping :P And may i know what will the temperature be during 1 Jan 2015. Tks& Rgds, Rosie

more
    • ABOUT GUANGZHOU

Guangzhou Nov 24, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi I am hearing negative feedbacks on safety issues in Guangzhou China. I am planning to travel soon to meet some manufacturers at Shang Ming Building, at Qifu Road, Baiyun district, Guangzhou together with my 2 other business partners. We are all Singaporean Indians and don not speak English. We are only planning to stay for 3 days only. This is our first time travelling to China. Please share your point of view on the safety issues at Guangzhou and please advise which hotel is safe or highly recommended. Looking for your response Thank you so much Patricia

more
    • gkaralakis's Profile Photo

Shangai .. when..?

Shanghai Dec 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Which is the best period to visit Shangai, and the other cities there..? Not at the pick of touristic period..!
      Good morning..
      George

more
    • Beijing to Dunhuang in April

Dunhuang Nov 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Hello, how can i go from Beijing to Dunhuang in april? I was looking for flights but i couldnt find any.
      Thanks

more
    • Skeena63's Profile Photo

Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Dec 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM

We will be traveling to Taiwan in January with china Southern but have an overnight layover in Guangzhou. We have heard that the Guangzhou Airport is horrible. :( anyone else feel the same way?
      Has anyone had a layover with China Southern in Guangzhou and stayed at their free hotel? If so which hotel and was there a market or something of interest near to it?
      Thank you

more
    • To get a Chinese Visa or not?

Lhasa Dec 8, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi guys:
      In jUne 2015, my friend and I are planning to drive out of Kathmandu to visit Lhasa (Tibet), and then fly back to Kathmandu. question is, do we need a Chinese visa and Tibet permit, or only the Tibet permit? I've read the forums and heard both versions so anyone who has actually been there in the past few weeks, feel free to chime in with the correct answer please!

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Day trip to Hangzhou from Shanghai

by phingy Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Hello,

I'm on business trip to Shanghai in mid may and was considering a weekend trip to Hangzhou. To tour the west lake (mix of boat and walk), would 4 hours be sufficient? I'm thinking to take an early train from Shanghai and arrive in Hangzhou around 8 plus and to get to the west lake by 9am. Later in the afternoon, around 3pm, to catch a train back to Shanghai.

Appreciate any suggestions or advice. Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 6:43 PM
    • Thai food in Hangzhou

by Rhbills Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What is the best Thai restaurant in Hangzhou?

3 Answers May 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Hengdian studio

by orchid1949 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Hi,

I will visit Hangzhou about 5 days next month. During my stay I would like to go to see the place where many films were shot. Could we go to hengdian visit the place and come back to HZ in one day ? Or we should stay overnight , but what do we do after the area is closed.

How do we go from H.Z ? Wher do we take the bus ? 

Thank you.

I

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM
    • What is the best spot around the hangzhou, china, West Lake area for a massage?

by 5432cowboy Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Is it safe to get a massage in Hangzhou, china

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 4:25 AM
    • LenaU's Profile Photo

bus

by LenaU Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

How to reach May's Resort Hotel wich is on 277 Tianzhu Road, Xihu from Hangzhou Railway station by bus? Thanks

3 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    • Without knowing chinese

by sudhirH Online Now May 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hi I am new to Hangzhou, Can I rent a bicycle at Westlake? I do not know chinese. Do people understand English ?

5 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 5:03 AM
    • What are the toursit places I can visit near Gong Shou?

by sudhirH Online Now May 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM

How can I reach to West Lake from GongShou? Can I use bike or public transport? I don't know Chinese. I can speak English

4 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    • How to travel on a budget

by lliu0528 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I will be forced into early retirement August 1, 2013, and my wife (already retired) and I would like to travel China for 6 months, starting with Hangzhou. I have started a budget and the biggest cost is lodging (not including the flight from the US). Even the cheapest hotels runs about $30 a day. That alone with eat away my saving quickly. How do you travelers go to so many places each year? Any advice and how to travel for half a year on the cheap would be appreciated.

6 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    • Knitting wool shop

by kayzie Online Now Nov 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM

My sister is living in Hangzhou for a few months and is having trouble find a wool shop to buy baby wool for knitting. Can anyone help please.

5 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Booking Train Tickets in holiday Season

by soundchaseruk Online Now Aug 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Its just one month exactly when i fly off to China. On Wednesday 3rd October I want to take the night train non stop to Guangzhuo. I know the train number and times but am i going to have a problem booking the ticket ? I can book the ticket in Shanghai 4 days earlier but is this enough time? With the whole of China on the move in this period I am worried I will not get a ticket.

Also can i book online and if so, how do i get my ticket ? I need good advise on this as my trip depends on me getting that train.

12 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    • From airport to Ssaw Hotel @ 221 Jiefang Road & other related questions

by oreo82 Online Now Oct 11, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Hi

Can anyone advise me the following?

1. How many airports are there in Hangzhou?
      2. How to get from the International airport to Ssaw Hotel @ 221 Jiefang Road?
      3. Is the taxi a safe & convenient means of transport to get around?
      4. Approximately how much would it cost from the airport to the above mentioned hotel and how long would the journey take?
      5. Would it be advisable to purchase train tickets to Shanghai beforehand?
      6. How can I check out the train times to go to Shanghai and return?

Many thanks in advance
      O

4 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    • Hiring a car & driver

by shoomakie Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I am looking to hire a car & driver (professional & English speaking preferred) to take me to Anji & Huzhou on Thursday and possibly Friday. Are there companies that can be contacted/recommended?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    • 10th Jan'2012 - 05th Feb'2012 in Hangzhou

by IndoTarzan Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Dear All,

Will be visiting China for the first time that too Hangzhou from 10th Jan'2012 - 05th Feb'2012. Will be staying at an friend's place located at Meichen (Zhejiang > Hangzhou > Jiande > XinAnJiang > Meichen) till 02nd Feb'2012. Then from 02nd Feb'2012 to 05th Feb'2012 planning to stay near Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport as my flight departure will be late night of 05th Feb'2012.

Appreciate if any of you all can help to give me few tips about Hangzhou and also any cheap budget hotels near to Xiaoshan International Airport. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 2:06 AM
    • Living/Teaching in Hangzhou

by clf555 Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Hi, I have been offered a contract to teach English for a year in Hangzhou at an English First language school. Does anyone have any information about this program/school/living in Hangzhou as an American?
      I would appreciate anything- Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Hangzhou West Lake Scenic spots

by SandiM Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I'd like to find a map of West Lake's sscenic spots, what side of the lake they are located on etc. I want this because I only have a few hours to spend at West Lake and I want to target the areas with the most scenic bridges, pavillions, etc for photography.

4 Answers Jun 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Bus Travel in China--Hangzhou to Huangshan (September)

by SandiM Online Now May 16, 2011 at 6:07 PM

How does bus travel 'work' in China between Hangzhou and Huangshan (Tangkou)? If we buy a roundtrip ticket to Tangkou from Hangzhou (is there enough time to buy it the night before or even day of?), do we get some kind of guarantee that we will definitely get on that bus going to and coming from? I don't want to get down to the bottom of Huangshan after our 2 day exploration only to find the bus is sold out to get back to Hangzhou (anybody got the schedule for Tangkou-Hangzhou as well as Tangkou-Tunxi-Hangzhou? I heard this route might be faster than the direct from Tangkou but it depends on when these buses leave Tangkou. We might opt for sitting for 5 hours over going 1 hr, waiting 2 hrs, then sitting for another 4hrs etc). Please and thanks!

3 Answers May 18, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    • yin's Profile Photo

What to see

by yin Online Now Mar 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I would travel to Hangzhou at the end of May for a couple days, any recommendation for sightseeing or things to do in a relaxing way ? If any traveller want to join, please leave me a message.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

West Lake Huangzhou & photography

by SandiM Online Now Feb 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM

We are arriving at SHA airport around 230pm from Canada and hope to grab one of those express buses outside the airport to go directly to Hangzhou Tourist hub on Huanglong Rd. Got the schedules already, so that's done. Trying to select a hotel around West Lake in Hangzhou but need to know this: which section of the lake is the most photogenic? West Lake is huge and we want to be up early in the morning to shoot some photos of the lake & pagodas and statuary (if any). So, which approach is best? that way i can select a hotel nearby to start from (oh and we also need to get to the West bus Station on Zijingang Rd around lunch to grab an express bus to Huangshan Mtn so that gives you an idea where we want to be around. The hotel choice is not as important as the west lake approach part). thanks!

• Transportation

by 81traveller Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Hi there.

Question 1
      Are there many buses from Hangzhou to Shanghai at night? Our flight reaches Hangzhou airport at 10:30pm. I guess we may not be in time to catch the train. Or are there mini vans which can fit 5 of us all the way to our hotel in Shanghai? Cost wise?

Question 2
      How many types of trains are there from Hangzhou to Shanghai? Maglev and D? Pros and cons?

Thank you.

4 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    • Shania2's Profile Photo

Is that Irish bar still there?

by Shania2 Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I've checked the address of that so called Irish bar,wrong address!!!

4 Answers Oct 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    • first time to hangzhou

by masima Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 8:28 AM

i m planing to visit hangzhou for first time
      with my wife
      i dont know geagraphy of hangzhou
      so i dont know where to stay
      my visit for 5 days
      i need a clean hotel near all tourist place around 150RMB
      is that possible ?

need a advice

4 Answers Aug 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    • best deal apartments in carrefour area

by velberg Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

hi,

1. can anybody recommend me any cheap,clean and save apartments for long term stay nearby Carrefour area or any other apartments that convenient to supermarkets ?

2. how much is common price for 1 or 2 bedrooms apartments in this area ?

thank you very much

1 Answer Jun 8, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    • duturi's Profile Photo

Hope to have your help!

by duturi Online Now May 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Dear,
      I will visit Hangzhou in May 20-22. I know not much about Hangzhou. I want to spend one whole day for visiting Hangzhou. Where should be the most favorable places and how to get there? Can I find the local person for accompanying us?
      Which is cheapest travel agent where I can book for one day tour in Hangzhow.

2 Answers May 12, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    • Walking in the countryside

by rsjday Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 4:10 AM

I am traveling to Hangzhou this weekend and I would really like to explore the countryside beyond the city. I have spent some time traveling from city to city and really need some quiet in beautiful surroundings to recharge.
      I do plan to visit West Lake but I would really like some other destinations for pleasant walking.
      If you know of any villages, hills, valleys or woodland in the area, please let me know.
      Many thanks and best regards.

2 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    • matjung's Profile Photo

Hangzhou Tour Center (3 days Mount Yellow Tour)

by matjung Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Hello,
      I found this website about Hangzhou
      http://en.gotohz.com/web/guest/snjt

On the panel "Tour Center", I found this offer
      Three-day tour of Yellow Mountain
      Every day
      Start from 520Yuan/person

Could anyone please tell me more about this offer.
      What is included/not included in this tour.
      What time and where does it start.
      What time would I be back in Hangzhou?

Has anyone made this tour?
      Is it better to organize a trip to Huanghan on my own?

1 Answer Apr 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    • matjung's Profile Photo

From Hangzhou to Mount Huangshan by coach

by matjung Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 7:24 AM

Hi,
      I heard there are express coaches between Hangzhou and Mount Huangshan Scenic Area.
      I am looking for a time table or schedule.
      I am travelling on 13th June or on 14th June.
      When is the first and when is the last bus?

4 Answers Apr 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    • dragon0419's Profile Photo

Fruit, vegetable, meat and fish markets

by dragon0419 Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I'm interested in visiting any outdoor food markets in Hangzhou. Any fish, meat, fruit, vegetables markets that local people shop at? Is there a Walmart in Hangzhou?

4 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    • First time visitor - how to purchase train ticket Shanghai to Hangzhou and back?

by TourKaki Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Hi - we are 2 first time visitors to Shanghai on business trip but arriving earlier for some sightseeing. Will be flying into Shanghai from Singapore on 9th April (Fri) arriving around 1+pm and plan to take the fast train (dongche) to Hangzhou. So we are not able to ask hotel concierge to buy for us.

We read mixed reviews about purchase of train ticket - from easily to not easily available during weekend. Am now worried and also concern cause we speak very limited mandarin.

How long does it take to get from Pudong Airport to Shanghai Railway station if we landed at around 1pm? What is the fastest/best mode? What is the approx cost?

How do we purchase 2 tickets for Shanghai to Hangzhou (9/4 Fri after 1pm)?
      Can we purchase returns ticket (11/4 Sun morning) at the same time or only available at Hangzhou? I will be staying at Ramada in Hangzhou. Not sure if I can get hold of the hotel to help purchase the ticket before we arrive.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

5 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM
    • Taxi Service

by mission168 Online Now Mar 13, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Can I get a taxi service travelling from Hangzhou to Huangshan (Tunxi or Tangkou)one way. After touring Huangshan, get another taxi back to Hangzhou?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2010 at 3:07 AM
    • JoyceBielderman's Profile Photo

tea fields and factories

by JoyceBielderman Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 2:33 AM

I heard I can visit a rea factory in Dragon Well Village on Shifeng Mountain. Does anyone know what the opening hours can be or what the entrance may cost?
      I couldn't find one website with that information...

4 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 8:37 PM