Hangzhou Travel Answers

change location

10th Jan'2012 - 05th Feb'2012 in Hangzhou

by IndoTarzan Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Dear All,

Will be visiting China for the first time that too Hangzhou from 10th Jan'2012 - 05th Feb'2012. Will be staying at an friend's place located at Meichen (Zhejiang > Hangzhou > Jiande > XinAnJiang > Meichen) till 02nd Feb'2012. Then from 02nd Feb'2012 to 05th Feb'2012 planning to stay near Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport as my flight departure will be late night of 05th Feb'2012.

Appreciate if any of you all can help to give me few tips about Hangzhou and also any cheap budget hotels near to Xiaoshan International Airport. Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • chinamonty's Profile Photo

Re: 10th Jan'2012 - 05th Feb'2012 in Hangzhou

by chinamonty Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Don't forget to register with the local Public Security bureau. make sure your friends know the system and where you need to go to register. You don't need to do it at hotels as they do it as part of the check in procedure. This is why they scan your passport.
    Hangzhou is a very clean city but I am not sure about your friends area. West lake is a very relaxing place and I relaxed around there are the bustle of working.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: 10th Jan'2012 - 05th Feb'2012 in Hangzhou

by Depth.Tracker Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Hi, I am a local in Hangzhou and working as a travel conslutant. Welcome to Hangzhou! It is really a nice city, although winter is not the best time here, but it is still worth your visit. Yes, the lake, like everybody mentioned, a must to see. It is not just a lake, many sites of Hangzhou are around the lake, it is like a natural open park. And don't forget to rent the red bicycle to tour around the city. You need to pay 300 yuan as deposit at the bicycle center located at Long Xiao Qiao, they will give you a card to rent the bicycle. Everywhere nears to scenic spots have the places to rent and returen the bikes.The first hour is free, the second hour is 1 yuan 1 hour, the third hour is 2 yuan per hour. But you can always ride for free, if you return each 1 hour. This will be a low season for hotel, so don't worry about the cost. Feel free to contact me for anything I may help. Wish you enjoy the holiday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hangzhou