Hampshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • GiannimaraTravel's Profile Photo

How to . . .

Southampton Feb 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

What is the best way to go from Southampton to London to Paris, France by train.

11 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • An Evening Out

Portsmouth Feb 7, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Night clubs are defined as glorified Bars/Discos where to be honest over 55 yo are not the norm.
      Is there a club venue in Portsmouth where you can go have a meal a caberet or some entertainment/ dancing / music where I would enjoy and not feel like the oldest swinger in town??

• EveW's Profile Photo

Girlie time in portsmouth

Portsmouth Jan 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM

My 3 daughters and i want to spend a girlie day in portsmouth. Not just shopping. We are all adults with ages ranging from a pregnant 26 year old to a disabled 58 year old. Can you please suggest anything?

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    • Americans in Southampton during D-Day

Southampton Dec 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

While visiting Southampton recently, someone told us of a wall that American servicemen wrote on before boarding their ship on their way to D-Day. Having visited Normandy on the other side of the channel, we tried finding this wall. We could not find it. Does it exist and is there a picture of it anywhere?

2 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    • TomS145's Profile Photo

Things to do in portsmouth with a big schoolgroup on a budget

Portsmouth Nov 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM

We're planning a schooltrip to the UK, Portsmouth is the first city we're visiting, because we have our host families there for our students (age 14-15). We're trying to plan a full day in Portsmouth (a monday in March) and we're wondering what we could do and see on a budget, preferably free at charge. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    • Sunday Shopping

Winchester Nov 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Are many of the smaller independent shops open in Winchester on a Sunday? Thinking of coming for the xmas market on either Sat 7th or Sun 8th Dec and wondering which day would be better.

6 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • How to get from the Queen Mary to the bus station in Southamtpn

Southampton Oct 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Hi we are arriving Friday January 10th on the Queen Mary. For frugality reasons we would like to buy a senior bus ticket and leave from the bus terminal in Southampton. I need help with the following:

Will taxis be easily available from the cruise terminal.
      How much will the taxi cost.
      If I buy a ticket in advance what time should I make the reservation for.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nancy

4 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Holiday accommodation in Southampton for December 2013

Southampton Sep 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I am looking to rent an apartment/cottage/house for 2 weeks for family members who will be visiting Southampton (2 adults, 2 children) from 22 December 2013 - 5 January 2014. Is there any webpage that caters for short term rentals directly from property owners?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • Price of taxi

Southampton May 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hello,
      I would like to know the price of a taxi between Southampton AirPort and Beaulieu (motor museum).
      Thanks

4 Answers May 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Ride/Taxi from Kent to Southampton

Southampton Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Does anyone know of an "easy" way to get from Tunbridge Wells to Southampton without going through London?

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    • Transfer to Heathrow

Southampton Mar 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM

We will be arriving by cruise ship and want to get to London, Heathrow or Richmond, Surrey...near London. In the past it has always been a huge hassle getting off the ship and trying to get a taxi or bus. We do not want to take the cruise ship transfer to the airport because it is a huge ripoff---$100 per person. We have a friend who can come "collect" us as she says, but where could she meet us? How difficult is it? Thanks for any help here!

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • hayley1989drink's Profile Photo

Travelling to Australia Sept/Oct 2013

Southampton Mar 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I am looking to travel to Oz in September/October. I have a years working visa, however I plan to do a bit of travelling 1st. I am planning on working in Sydney initally, however where is best to start so I can travel for a few weeks?

Also, I want to stop somewhere on my way over, ny suggestions on where to stop for a month or so would be greatfully recieved.

Thank you, Hayley.

4 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    • rosemarge's Profile Photo

Airport transfers from London Heathrow airport to Southampton Cruise port

Southampton Nov 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Hi everyone, I am on the process to book a Taxi from London Heathrow airport to Southampton Cruise port. Do you have any recommendations on who to use? I am looking for someone reliable and good price.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    • HMS Victory

Portsmouth Sep 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

My wife and I are traveling from Canada to Windsor in Oct. to pick up a river cruiser to go up and down the Thames River. We are also planning to go to Portsmouth to see HMS Victory. I am building a wood model of this ship and wanted to see the real one. Victory is going through a 10 year restoration and the top masts have been removed and I am trying to find out how much of the ships rigging is still in place. I emailed the HMS Victory people but have not received any replies. Actual current photos would be great if you have them. Thanks. Ron

6 Answers Oct 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    • Advise me please

Basingstoke Jul 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hi, we are looking to move to Basingstoke! It is a new area for us we don't know much about, but we do keep being told its ruff? Could some one please help us as we are a young family and have two boys under the age of6 so don't want to make a wrong move.
      Thanks for your help :)

4 Answers Sep 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    • jamiesno's Profile Photo

New Forest Marathon

New Milton Jun 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Hi there,

I'd like to attend the New Forest Marathon. I'm wondering if someone could tell me the most efficient way to get from the Heathrow Airport to a B&B in New Milton?

Cheers,

Jamie

7 Answers Jun 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    • Southampton to lLyham St Anne's

Southampton Jun 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hi
      Visiting from Australia and trying to plan a journey from Southampton to Lytham St Annes would like a brief stop for a cuppa or bite to eat maybe half way or more, doesn't have to be major towns can be just off the motorway.No need to sightsee as we will be coming back this way later.
      Hoping someone can give some advice.

Cheers

1 Answer Jun 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    • sonos's Profile Photo

Southamton - London

Southampton Feb 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Good evening, I will travel one day to London From Le Havre via Southampton. What's the cheapest way to reach London and go back to stay over night in Southampton? Thank you in advance.

19 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 4:19 AM
    • karen_mo's Profile Photo

Christmas Market

Winchester Dec 10, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Hi
      Has anyone visited the Winchester christmas market this year? What did you think of it? Planning a visit on 23rd - assuming it runs right up to christmas - and would be interested to know your thoughts!

Thanks, Karen

2 Answers Dec 10, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    • Pub walking distance to the Queen Mary 2 Dock

Southampton Jul 9, 2011 at 6:53 AM

We are traveling on the Queen Mary 2 and are meeting friends for lunch in Southampton. What would be a good pub/restaurant to meet them at that is walking distance to where the ship is docked? please advise

2 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    • hello evrybody :)

Portsmouth Jun 25, 2011 at 4:03 PM

hii
      im going to visit portsmouth soon , at the beginning of july
      i want to know about the weather , temperature..can we swim & sunbath?
      im looking also for cheap places for shopping, what about discount if possible,
      also interresting places to visit ect..
      thxx & see u soon :)

17 Answers Jun 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

Train Gatwick to Southampton

Southampton May 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM

My wife and I have booked train tickets online from Gatwick to Southampton via Clapham Junction at 3pm 3rd July. After saying they could reserve seats for us, once booked they said we couldn't.
      Does anyone know how busy that train is likely to be , esp the Clapham - Southampton leg?
      As we would have just got off a long haul flight we're hoping we wont have to stand!

2 Answers May 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

Routes and B&Bs in South West England

Southampton May 11, 2011 at 7:54 PM

My wife and I have 2 weeks in a rental car going round the south west starting and finishing in Southampton in July before joining the Celebrity Eclipse cruise into the Baltic.
      We would like any tips on routes to take and recomended B&Bs / Farm Stays along the way. We want to avoid motorways as much as posible.
      We realize July is peak season so if you know of places that wont be too crowded would be great!
      Thanks

3 Answers May 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    • Just a Few Hours

Southampton May 3, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Hi,
      I will be arriving in London at Heathrow at 7AM, Sunday, August 28, 2011. I have a transfer down to Southampton through the cruise line. Once I get to Southampton, I can't get on the ship right away, so I was wondering if there is anything to do around the pier? I have difficulty walking, but I would like to see a little of the town, maybe have a cup of tea and a scone!

Thank-you. Linda

3 Answers May 4, 2011 at 2:08 AM
    • Private transportation from London St. Pancras Rail Station to Southampton

Southampton Apr 26, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Can any of you suggest the best private transportation from London St. Pancras Rail Station to Southampton? There will be 4 of us with lots of luggage. I have a quote of412, but that seems high to me.
      Suggestions?

5 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 11:41 PM
    • Southampton - Pier to Airport

Southampton Apr 1, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Arr Southampton and flying to Dublin same afternoon. What is distance/travel time/estimated cab fare from Southampton Pier to Southampton airport? Would the cabs take credit cards. It's the only place we'll touch down in the UK so I don't want to exchange a lot of dollors to GBPs.
      Thanks for your help!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    • KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

Spaces in Portsmouth Ferry Carp park at peak times

Portsmouth Mar 6, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I'm thinking of going to France for a few days in the May half term holiday from Portsmouth. I don't intend taking my car to France so expect to leave it at the ferry terminal and travel as foot passengers.

I can accept the cost of the on-site car parking, but I wonder whether the car park ever gets full? We'll be arriving *early* morning after a 3 hour dash down to the ferry so it would be a pain if we arrived and found it full. There seems to be no concept of pre-booking a space.

2 Answers Mar 6, 2011 at 4:21 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

A day in Emsworth Thursday 27th January 2011

Portsmouth Jan 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Hello, I am meeting a friend in Havant and we plan to walk the coast to Emsworth, as we're both real ale fans we like to sample the beer, but also like good English food. Can anyone please recommend good places to visit. We're both interested in history, culture and architecture. I have found out some interesting facts about Emsworth, and some of its "celebraties"
      Any suggestions gratefully appreciated please?
      Jonathan

1 Answer Jan 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM
    • Looking for best way from hotel to ship dock

Southampton Sep 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Taking a cruise out of Southampton and looking for ideas on how to get from our hotel Holiday Inn Express - West in Southampton to the Cruise line dock. There are 14 of us. Asked the hotel while making reservation but they were no real help. Any suggestion?

Posted this earlier in the incorrect forum, so re-posting it here where I should of in the first place!

8 Answers Sep 23, 2010 at 4:58 PM