change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• emma-james's Profile Photo

Where has the brown cow gone

Durham Jan 24, 2016 at 6:09 AM

I stayed in the Brown cow some years ago and have been looking to go back ,but cant find it

more
    • Visa in Heathrow airport or Leeds airport

Heathrow Jan 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM

My daughter who is australian citizen travelling to Leeds for study from Sydney changing flight at London at the same terminal 5. Does she apply student visa on arrival at Heathrow airport or at Leeds airport. Her stopover at Heathrow airport is 2 hrs and her baggage will be booked to Leeds and she is flying with British Airways all through. Please advise and thanks for your help

more
    • LHR Terminal 5 to Terminal 2

Heathrow Jan 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Hi, I am departing from LHR Terminal 5 this May and would like to know if I can transfer from T5 after security checks to Terminal 2 and then back. I simply want to go over to T2 because the airlines club that I belong to is only in Terminal 2. Thank you for your answers!

more
    • unsafe area around London?

Greater London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM

are there any unsafe area around London? Whenever I visit a city, I sometimes I ride the public transportation out to the end (near end) of the line?

more
    • tropical459's Profile Photo

Females aged 60 years looking for good food and music

London Feb 5, 2016 at 10:40 AM

We are visiting London in November. We are a group of 60+ year old women. We like a bit of fun and music and good food. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London. Can anyone suggest a place, either in the afternoon or early evening where we will be treated to good food and a bit of a dance or maybe a bit of a show?
      Thank you, Vicki

more
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Off-Peak Day Return question

England Feb 2, 2016 at 3:49 AM

I understand that the off-peak tickets are only valid after 9:30 in the morning. But I haven't been able to find out if they are also bound to a specific time in the afternoon. Can they be used on any train when going back? Or is there a certain rush hour, when all the commuters travel back and the off-peak ticket is not valid? I don't want to be bound to a specific train, but the difference between this ticket and an anytime return is more than 11 GBP so I'm thinking about getting it. This is for the London-Cambridge-London trains.

Thank you for your help.

more
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Recommend a restaurant for celebrating a birthday

Manchester Jan 18, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Hi
      We are celebrating a birthday in Manchester and would like to find a really good restaurant in walking distance from Piccadilly gardens. Any suggestions?

more
    • Airport Customs

London Feb 1, 2016 at 4:06 PM

do I need to go through Customs in Heathrow when I transfer to a connecting flight to Paris?  I'm starting in the USA.

more
    • johndoc37's Profile Photo

Discount Clothing Shopping Location

Newcastle upon Tyne Jan 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM

I have been told that there is a discount clothing location about 30 minute's drive from Newcastle Upon Tyne airport. I'm told that the place "has a one-word name".

The answer isn't the 'Metro' :)

Can anyone assist me please?

With thanks

johndoc37

more
    • Best bus routes for one afternoon "tour":

London Jan 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Were only going to be in London for 3 days, then, Eurostar to Paris.
      So, we'll arrive fairly early (from the States) Monday and thought a rasy series of Public bus rides that afternoon might whet our appetite for a re-visit.
      Which route (or series or routes) would y'all suggest for an overview of London? Numbers? We already have our Oyster passes.
      PS: We are taking an all day tour to Oxford and The Cotswolds for Tuesday and a walking tour (of London highlights)
      Wednesday morning.

more
    • London Secrets

London Jan 13, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Hi..

I've been lucky enough to went a few times to London so this time, I want to do something differente.
      It's usual to see short clips about "London Secrets" like old and abandon underground stations.

Is it possible to visit one? If so, what do I have to do?

By the way, what secrets of London can you share for me to see them?

Thanks!

Best regards,
      Pedro

more
    • getting around Keswick

Keswick Feb 1, 2016 at 10:36 PM

I understand the main road into Keswick is washed out because of the recent flooding. I have reservations in Keswick for May 5 through May 8. How will I get around if the roads have been washed away?

more
    • T5 to T3 cross uk border?

Heathrow Feb 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM

I'm Colombian trying to book a flight from Houston, TX to Barcelona, Spain. With British Airways. My flight will have a conexion in London Heathrow for 2 hours. I will arrive at T5 and departure will be at T3. I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP figuring out if I will cross uk border when I go from T5 to T3 to catch my conexion flight? And if I will need a visa

According to this article from the uk government website

Colombian nationals will be able to transit airside through UK airports without needing a Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV).

Colombian nationals will still need a visa if they want to cross the UK border for any reason, whether to visit or change flights. If a connecting flight is from another airport, passengers will still need to get a Visitor in Transit Visa before passing through the UK.

gov.uk/government/world-loca...

more
    • discount theater tickets

London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Any suggestions on where I can purchase discount theater tickets for four people?

more
    • unsafe area around London?

Greater London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM

are there any unsafe area around London? Whenever I visit a city, I sometimes I ride the public transportation out to the end (near end) of the line?

more
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Accommodation in London

London Feb 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM

I´ve started to look for accommodation in London now, I know it is not a cheap. Is it realistic my expectation of paying 100/130 Euro a night for a bed and breakfast with private bathroom? Is there a good region to look for? Thanks!

more
    • meeting friend

Heathrow Jan 26, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hi my name is kuldeep . I have one question about my friend he is traveling from India to Canada .he got two hour flight stay vat Heathrow terminal5 .I want to meet himq.he don't have transit visa can I meet him at airport waiting area

more
    • 2 weeks in England

England Jan 19, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Hi there - my friend and I are flying into Heathrow airport and going to Plymouth straightaway in end Apr. Stay for about abt 5-days and wish to do some day trips to Exeter/Cornwall/Devon by train , thereon we plan to head to Liverpool n Manchester (2/3 days each) and then head on to London for abt 3/4 days before flying out. BritRail English Pass offers a 8-day flexi at 290 pound/psn (the price seems to have gone up since I last goggled). Would appreciate some advice on better ways (in terms of fares) to travel around and suggestions on places to visit. Thanks n regards.

more
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Things to do with limited time in Leicester

Leicester Jan 19, 2016 at 9:17 AM

i will be in Leicester for a workshop for a few days. I will have limited time to see the city (probably only 1/2 day), what would be good to see for a textile crafts person who likes history, museums? Is it easy to get around on foot or would a bus be better?

Many thanks

Jane

more
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Textiles in Manchester/Stockport

Manchester Jan 19, 2016 at 9:13 AM

I will have a couple of days in Manchester and Stockport after a meeting and would like any recommendations for textile related museums and/or galleries in the area. Also, if you can recommend any good fibre shops, I would be delighted! :)

Many thanks

Jane

more
    • duty free from Canada with connecting uk flights

Heathrow Yesterday

Can I bring duty free from Canada from t5 to t1 through security again in a sealed bag with a receipt when connecting to Scotland?

more
    • Driving to Lake District from York

Cumbria Jan 22, 2016 at 9:03 AM

We plan to drive from a 3day slow trip in the North York Moors region ( final night is between Whitby or Scarborough) Then we are heading to the Lake District. Which route would you suggest that we take , to see the most of the Southern part , before settling into our next 3 days at Keswick area

more
    • Is there a service that can pick up a lost bag at Heathrow/ British Airways?

London Jan 12, 2016 at 12:19 PM

It appears my daughter's lost bag has arrived, but they are too backlogged to deliver.

more
    • Walking from Terminal 5 to Staines Moor

Heathrow Jan 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hi everybody!

In May I will arrive at terminal 5 and will have more than six hours before my connecting flight (also T5) departs. I know I'll need plenty of time for security, but I think there should nevertheless be enough time for a short walk outside the airport. I am thinking of walking to Staines Moor and maybe spend an hour there. My questions: Is it feasible? Can I walk from terminal 5 to Staines Moor or is that practically impossible because there are only big roads? Has anybody done this during a stopover? If so, do you recommend it? If you think it's a bad idea, can you recommend any alternative?

more
    • Denise1123's Profile Photo

Female traveling alone

London Jan 16, 2016 at 10:25 PM

What parts of London are considered unsafe? What about using The Tube at night? I'll be exiting at Limehouse Basin--is it safe there? Thanks, D.

more
    • StassS's Profile Photo

Walk Hampshire - England

Hampshire Nov 19, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Hello,
      Does there anybody here live in Alton, Hampshire, or is there anybody here is a walk-enthusiast, who had done some walks in Hampshire : Alton - Chawton - Farringdon (Upper) - Selborne; walk the South Down National Park and / or benefiting the South Down's rambler services (Refer to : Visit-Winchester or Visit-Hampshire) ?
      I am interested in those activities, yet haven't "seen" the latest reviews on them.
      Thanks anyone for sharing and posting reviews.

1 Answer Nov 19, 2015 at 1:12 PM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Best Indian in town

Basingstoke Nov 5, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Off to Basingstoke for a weekend in a couple of weeks. Sat/Sun

Can anyone recommend a good Indian/Chinese for 2 people on a Saturday evening,

Regards,
      Paddington!

1 Answer Nov 5, 2015 at 7:29 AM
    • Brittany Ferry to St Malo, France/Loire Valley Chateaus

Portsmouth Jul 15, 2015 at 1:05 PM

would like to take ferry from Portsmouth to St. Malo - to see Mont St Michel and chateaus in Loire Valley. Going in October - 3 adults with suitcases, no cars. Arrival is on a Sunday - what is the best way to get around once we arrive in "Bretagne" (St. Malo)?
      thanks

2 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 3:08 PM
    • Brittany Ferry to Saint Malo, France

Southampton Jul 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Has anyone taken the Brittany Ferry from Southhampton to Saint Malo? Planning to take in early Oct to see Mont Saint Michel and also Loire Valley before heading into Paris. Three adults travelling with luggage and no car..

8 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Things to do at Southampton Pier

Southampton Jun 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Southampton Pier for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

11 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 12:46 AM
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Places to eat and visit

Southampton Jun 8, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hi,

Kindly let me know for the places of visit in Southampton and nice places to eat with veg options please.

Anything that is must to do in Southampton, please let me know..

thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 9:52 AM
    • Rental car or Bus

Lymington May 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM

We are a family of 4 people, going to Lymington on a 7 day vcation. Please advise whether we should hire a car or use bus service going around

3 Answers May 24, 2015 at 12:46 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Tours from South Hampton

Southampton Apr 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM

My husband and myself will be in SouthHampton May 24 and 25. Any suggestions of tours that would take us to Bath and Salisbury; by passing Stonehenge. Thank you.

3 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    • Things to do in Southampton

Southampton Apr 2, 2015 at 4:24 AM

On a cruise that will be in Southampton for 1 day. Did not want to do the ships bus trip into London and thought I might stay around Southampton. Can anyone suggest what or could I do for the day. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

6 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 4:58 PM
    • tzooper's Profile Photo

Transit from Southampton Port to Portsmouth Ferry port

Southampton Mar 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM

My wife and I will be arriving via cruise ship into Southampton in July '15 and will need to transfer as soon a possible to the Portsmouth Ferry port. What are the best options for making this transfer? I will appreciate all suggestions.

2 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 2:25 AM
    • tzooper's Profile Photo

Transit from Southampton Port to Portsmouth Ferry port

Southampton Mar 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM

My wife and I will be arriving via cruise ship into Southampton in July '15 and will need to transfer as soon a possible to the Portsmouth Ferry port. What are the best options for making this transfer? I will appreciate all suggestions.

4 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • Luggage storage

Southampton Dec 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Is there a facility or company in Southampton that stores luggage while I'm off touring UK?

2 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 10:12 AM
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Peppa Pig World

Hampshire Nov 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi! I'm preparing a 4 days break to Peppa Pig World with my children (next may). I would like to know if there is any advantage buying tickets in advance via web. Also If tickets allow the entrance to Paulton's Park and if is it good for 3 years old children, and any other advice you can give me. We'll be using a rental car. Is there any other good attraction near there?
      Thanks a lot.

2 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • Bus times

Southampton Oct 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM

I need to get from Hilton in Southampton on Wednesday morning to Southampton Central. What's the bus times, cost and nearest bus stop. cheers x

2 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • From Southampton to Bath

Southampton Jul 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Is there any cheap taxi recommended? I have quite a lot luggage with me.

1 Answer Jul 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • How do I get from Southampton Train station to harbour lights cinema?

Southampton Jun 13, 2014 at 10:22 PM

What bus do I catch to get from Southampton Train station to harbour lights cinema?

3 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 12:07 PM
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • GiannimaraTravel's Profile Photo

How to . . .

Southampton Feb 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

What is the best way to go from Southampton to London to Paris, France by train.

11 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • An Evening Out

Portsmouth Feb 7, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Night clubs are defined as glorified Bars/Discos where to be honest over 55 yo are not the norm.
      Is there a club venue in Portsmouth where you can go have a meal a caberet or some entertainment/ dancing / music where I would enjoy and not feel like the oldest swinger in town??

• EveW's Profile Photo

Girlie time in portsmouth

Portsmouth Jan 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM

My 3 daughters and i want to spend a girlie day in portsmouth. Not just shopping. We are all adults with ages ranging from a pregnant 26 year old to a disabled 58 year old. Can you please suggest anything?

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    • Americans in Southampton during D-Day

Southampton Dec 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

While visiting Southampton recently, someone told us of a wall that American servicemen wrote on before boarding their ship on their way to D-Day. Having visited Normandy on the other side of the channel, we tried finding this wall. We could not find it. Does it exist and is there a picture of it anywhere?

2 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    • TomS145's Profile Photo

Things to do in portsmouth with a big schoolgroup on a budget

Portsmouth Nov 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM

We're planning a schooltrip to the UK, Portsmouth is the first city we're visiting, because we have our host families there for our students (age 14-15). We're trying to plan a full day in Portsmouth (a monday in March) and we're wondering what we could do and see on a budget, preferably free at charge. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    • Sunday Shopping

Winchester Nov 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Are many of the smaller independent shops open in Winchester on a Sunday? Thinking of coming for the xmas market on either Sat 7th or Sun 8th Dec and wondering which day would be better.

6 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • How to get from the Queen Mary to the bus station in Southamtpn

Southampton Oct 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Hi we are arriving Friday January 10th on the Queen Mary. For frugality reasons we would like to buy a senior bus ticket and leave from the bus terminal in Southampton. I need help with the following:

Will taxis be easily available from the cruise terminal.
      How much will the taxi cost.
      If I buy a ticket in advance what time should I make the reservation for.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nancy

4 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Holiday accommodation in Southampton for December 2013

Southampton Sep 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I am looking to rent an apartment/cottage/house for 2 weeks for family members who will be visiting Southampton (2 adults, 2 children) from 22 December 2013 - 5 January 2014. Is there any webpage that caters for short term rentals directly from property owners?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • Price of taxi

Southampton May 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hello,
      I would like to know the price of a taxi between Southampton AirPort and Beaulieu (motor museum).
      Thanks

4 Answers May 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Ride/Taxi from Kent to Southampton

Southampton Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Does anyone know of an "easy" way to get from Tunbridge Wells to Southampton without going through London?

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    • Transfer to Heathrow

Southampton Mar 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM

We will be arriving by cruise ship and want to get to London, Heathrow or Richmond, Surrey...near London. In the past it has always been a huge hassle getting off the ship and trying to get a taxi or bus. We do not want to take the cruise ship transfer to the airport because it is a huge ripoff---$100 per person. We have a friend who can come "collect" us as she says, but where could she meet us? How difficult is it? Thanks for any help here!

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • hayley1989drink's Profile Photo

Travelling to Australia Sept/Oct 2013

Southampton Mar 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I am looking to travel to Oz in September/October. I have a years working visa, however I plan to do a bit of travelling 1st. I am planning on working in Sydney initally, however where is best to start so I can travel for a few weeks?

Also, I want to stop somewhere on my way over, ny suggestions on where to stop for a month or so would be greatfully recieved.

Thank you, Hayley.

4 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    • rosemarge's Profile Photo

Airport transfers from London Heathrow airport to Southampton Cruise port

Southampton Nov 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Hi everyone, I am on the process to book a Taxi from London Heathrow airport to Southampton Cruise port. Do you have any recommendations on who to use? I am looking for someone reliable and good price.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM