Hampi Travel Answers

change location

Need advice to visit Hampi and surrounding

by arunabola Online Now Nov 10, 2010 at 9:15 AM

It will help me if you could advise How many days it will take to see Hampi, Parrada Kallu, Badami, Ayhole,Hospete and other sites? Would appreciate any help.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • iblatt's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice to visit Hampi and surrounding

by iblatt Online Now Nov 10, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Hello,
    Based on our trip to Karnataka:

1 day for Badami & Ayhole
    1 day to get from there to Hampi
    2 days in Hampi itself.
    You can easily skip Hospet (the train stops there, otherwise get out of there and go straight to Hampi!).
    I don;t know about the other places.

Enjoy!
    Ilan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bungi333's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice to visit Hampi and surrounding

by bungi333 Online Now Nov 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I did not go to Badami and Ayhole.

I would say 2 days if you are keen on looking only at the historical sites. But if you want it a bit more relaxed, add another day.

And yeah, Hospet is just to disembark. When you are there, it is better to stay closer to the river. You could either stay on the Hampi side or the other side of the river.

• Re: Need advice to visit Hampi and surrounding

by davesimms Online Now Jan 20, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Not sure what your time and budget are, but we just went to Hampi on a prepackaged tour that our travel agent arranged.

My wife and I just returned from an India trip. We went to Hampi aboard the train called The Golden Chariot. Check out www.thegoldenchariot.co.in for more details. This was our first trip to India and we were apprehensive about it, but eventually ended up enjoying it.

We actually stayed in Pondicherry for a few days and then went to Bangalore where we caught the train. There were quite a few families from San Fran, a few folks from Europe and not too many locals. Then it was a whirlwind trip into the past, starting from Mysore, Belur, Hampi, Badaami, Patedacal and ending up in the beaches of Goa.

If you want to see Hampi and some of these other places, this may be a way to do it unless you want to plan the entire trip yourself. My only complaint is that I would rather have seen 3 or 4 places in a little more detail. Other than that , a better selection of wines.

They also gave us an audio guide similar to the ones we get at museums. In case you're going on your own, our travel agent said we could get it at www.boltell.com . This was useful and covered a lot of ground.

Once we got to Goa, we were on our own. We'd booked our tickets through Bangalore and out of Goa. We spent a couple of days at the Marriott ( marriott.com/hotels/travel/g... ) also booked through our travel agent before returning to SanFran.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines