Hampi Travel Answers

change location
coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Hospet/Hampi Hotel

by coconutwireless Online Now Aug 26, 2004 at 12:46 AM

Anybody stayed somewhat recently at the Mallig Hotel in Hospet. Anyone taken the train from Goa to Hospet and would like to share your experience? traveling with aloha the coconut wireless

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Hospet/Hampi Hotel

by india-prof Online Now Sep 8, 2004 at 7:11 AM

I stayed at the Malligi Tourist Hotel in Hospet eight years ago. It's still the best hotel in the Vijayanagar area, as far as comfort goes, but if I were you I'd try one of the earthier lodgings in Hampi village. Reason: the Malligi Tourist adult workers beat the children who work at the hotel, and often take away any tips you give them. They just slap the kid around, right in the middle of the restaurant and take the money. If that sort of thing puts you off your food, go to Hampi and blow off the Malligi until they learn how to be civilized human beings. Cheers, Indiaprof

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Hospet/Hampi Hotel

by obiwanwasabe Online Now Oct 29, 2004 at 1:02 AM

Hiya, I have travelled privately, not organised by tour operator!, on the train from Goa to Hospet If you still need info feel free to email me. Nick

• Re: Re: Hospet/Hampi Hotel

by danrasse Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 6:28 AM

Could anybody give information about train schedule between Goa and Hospet. On which days of the week do the train run ? Departure and arrival station in Goa ? Thanks.

• coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Hospet/Hampi Train

by coconutwireless Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 10:17 AM

I am taking this train: VSG BZA Express 7228...(Wed, Sat, Sun) Magaon Station Departs: 07:20, Arrives: Hospet 18:40 Questions about trains go to this website: http://www.indiamike.com/ and go to forums and search Goa/Hampi click on posting Goa - Hampi travel this Xmas/new year. and you will see information you are looking for traveling with aloha the coconut wireless

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines