Hampi Travel Answers

change location
lorna41's Profile Photo

organised tour?

by lorna41 Online Now Aug 11, 2004 at 2:36 PM

When I visited Calangute last year I noticed organised trips of 2/3 days to Hampi.Has anyone done it this way ?or is it best to go on your own.I want to go by train,though I dont know which transport the tour operator uses. LORNA

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Eddie101's Profile Photo

Re: organised tour?

by Eddie101 Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 3:30 AM

Hi Lorna, the trips you saw advertised don't give you much time in Hampi itself. Roughly:- 1st day, catch the train from Goa to Hospet and overnight stay there. 2nd day, tour around Hampi. 3rd day return. In my view, you need 2/3 days in Hampi to take it all in, but in fairness you do get to see the main sites on the organised trips, but to get the feel of the place you need to stay in Hampi, and to do this you would need to do it independently. You can do this by using the same train or overnight bus. If you desire some degree of comfort for your overnight stays, then Hospet would be a better choice, as Hampi caters for more of the backpacker type. You may pick up some hints from my Hampi page, if you need anything else, gimme a call. Regards.........Eddie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lorna41's Profile Photo

Re: Re: organised tour?

by lorna41 Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 2:04 PM

Hi Eddie, Thanks for the reply,you really are a mine of information.Are you living in Goa,or just a regular visitor?You also are good at I.T,I struggle to do even the basics.But then I am a silver surfer! I still travel far and wide though.And am looking forward to seeing Hampi in JAN. LORNA

• coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Re: organised tour?

by coconutwireless Online Now Aug 26, 2004 at 12:42 AM

we too will be going to Hampi from Goa and while checking out a website posted by a VT member about a ´´oa hotel I was interested in I found this comment re: Hampi tour "I would also advise a trip inland to Hampi in Karnataka, it's a long trip on the train, but so worth it, we booked via the rep and we had not travelled on the trains before and were worried about getting on the right one, but you'd pay a fraction of the price if you booked off your own back, which we would do next time! " You have to enter Goa and then scroll down for the comment if your interested in checking on my information. holidays-uncovered.co.uk/fra... I was quoted a full day of sightseeing anywhere from 850 - 1,100 rps from AC to no AC cars from the Mallig hotel. We're taking the train ourselves and then arranging for a day tour after we get there mainly because I want the history. Send me a VT e-mail and let me know when you are traveling or post it if you like. If yu get there before me you can let me know how it goes LOL traveling with aloha the coconut wireless

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines