Hammerfest Travel Answers

change location

Quickest way from Hammerfest to Oslo

by Jogihunter Online Now Aug 15, 2012 at 6:53 AM

What is the quickest and not too expensive way to go back from Hammerfest to Oslo. I take the Hurtingruten from Bergen to Hammerfest and then have to find my way back.
Thank you. Jogihunter

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

Re: Quickest way from Hammerfest to Oslo

by KakapoTheParrot Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

We flew via Oslo to Tromsø and the used the bus on to Hammerfest and then the boat back to Tromsø a few days later. I'm sure the bus would be the cheapest method all the way back to Oslo but it takes so long that you might need hotels along the way. The bus to Tromsø and then a flight would be quicker. If you get the bus back to Narvik there's a train south which might work out cheaper.

From memory the boat south leaves Hammerfest at about 13:00 and arrives in Tromsø at about midnight. A hotel in Tromsø that night and a flight next day is another option.

If you can afford the flights, Wideroe fly from Hammerfest to Tromsø and then Scandinavian Airlines will take you on to Oslo in the same day. Overland you're looking at two days travel I think.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Badoura's Profile Photo

Re: Quickest way from Hammerfest to Oslo

by Badoura Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 3:57 AM

A good choice would be to go by bus to Lakselv and then fly with Norwegian (www.norwegian.no) to OSL. There are only 3 flights/week, if you can book a little in advance the price could be less than €100,-

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines