change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kmalson's Profile Photo

May 27th private van tour of Carthage, Sidi Abu Said and the Tunis Medina

Tunis Yesterday

Is anyone planning to visit Tunis on May 27th, 2014 by cruise ship and looking for a private tour? I found a good one by a very reputable tour guide which can accomodate up to 8 passengers for only $295.00 total in US dollars. My husband and I can't afford $295.00 on our own but the guide said we can split that 6 ways which would make the tour very cheap indeed. We will be in port from 8:00AM to 3:00PM so will have to move at a fairly good pace but at least we can be a lot quicker than the slow paced giant tour buses which take close to 1/2 hour just to load and unload at each site. The guide has 30 years experienced and is a licensed tour guide. I've read great recommendations about him. He would describe in detail the history of each site and make it worthwhile to visit. I told him our emphasis is on history, art, culture and architecture and not for the purpose of shopping. If you want to shop, take the ship's shore excursions. If you are interested in this tour please reply. Thanks! I'm at my wits end to find a better way to see all the sights in 5 1/2 hours.

more
    • Has anyone visited Tataouine recently?

Tunisia Apr 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Has anyone visited Tataouine recently? I would love to visit the ksours and villages (Chenini etc) in the surrounding area but I noticed this area as named in the 'avoid all non-essential travel' warming from the British FCO. Should we be concerned about this warning? When I posted a question on another forum recently someone replied that this area is dangerous and there have been a lot of riots recently but searching the internet I've failed to find anything about riots (expect back in January). I also noticed that other governments (Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada) don't specifically mention places like Tataouine, Douz and Ksar Ghilane in their warnings but rather just border area with Algeria and Libya and Tataouine doesn't seem that close to these borders.

If we do decide to visit would you recommend travelling there independently and hiring a taxi to visit surrounding areas or combining it into a longer 4WD trip from Touzier or Matmata?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

more
    • taxi fares

Gouvernorat de Mahdia Mar 26, 2014 at 5:13 AM

How much is a taxi to mahdia from riu el mansour

more
    • shuttle buses from airport

Sousse Apr 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM

do the local shuttles buses from the airport take you to your hotel or do they drop you off in sousse town?

more
    • WEATHER IN TUNISIA IN MAY

Tunisia Apr 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

hI,
      Does anyone know what's the weather like in Tunisia in late May? I'm travelling to Hammamet in 21st May. Is it hot enough to do sunbathe and spend a day at the beach???
      Tnx!

more

La Goulette, Tunis

Tunis Yesterday

Has anyone arrived by cruise ship lately into the port of La Goulette? Is there a tourist office there? Is there a money exchange? What about an ATM (Bankomat) machine? We only have a few hours in port (7) and don't want to waste precious time searching about to exchange money before sight seeing.

more

Carthage, Sidi Abu Said & Tunis Medina all in 5 1/2 hours?

Tunis Yesterday

My husband and I will be in port for only 7 hours and really want to visit Carthage most of all but we would also like to visit Sidi Abu Said and the Medina just for the architecture, views, culture and ambiance, not to go shopping. It's a lot to do in one day and for that reason we don't think that the train will work for us. Also, we would need Dinars for the train. We hate cruise ship excursions with 45 other passengers being herded like cattle. We have always toured independently. Would you recommend hiring a taxi to take us everywhere or finding a local guide? Do taxis and local guides accept Eruos or credit cards? I'm usually really good at planning our independent travel and have spent over a week already researching Tunis with no positive answers. If we had to cut one place, which would you recommend cutting? Carthage is a must. Are we being foolish by cutting out the Bardo Museum? It sounds wonderful but just impossible with everything else. This is really tough. We both love history and don't care much for touristy places if that helps.

more

Near Hammamet

• Safe to travel?

by Niiinahhh Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Hi guys, me and my boyfriend (19 and 21yrs old) are thinking about traveling to Hammamet, but we are worried about the safety. Our government (Sweden) has sent our warnings for trips to Tunisia so we don't know if we dare to go there. Also, can you dress how you want or should you be modest? As a pale blonde swede i usually dont blend in very well so I dont want to make it worse by dressing "disrespectfully" or something if you get my point. Thankful for answers!

7 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • Horse riding Yasmine Hamamet

by consetter Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Hi all, my wife and I are coming to Yasmine Hammamet in May 2014 staying at Club Magic Life Africanna Hotel. Can anyone tell me if there is any Horse riding available in this area. Many thanks in advance.

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    • is there much to do for familys

by jason2013 Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM

hi there iam going to tunnisia hammamet staying at the chic khan is it anygood and is there a lot to do xmas time iam going for 2 weeks with about 30 of us??

1 Answer Oct 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    • RuslanL's Profile Photo

Où on peut prendre une bicyclette на un louage?

by RuslanL Online Now May 23, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Nous sommes délasser se dans Hammamet.

Voulons regarder une banlieue. Un pieds gravement. Mieux sur une bicyclette.

• Weather beginning of june

by Rozslk Online Now May 18, 2013 at 5:53 AM

We're of to yasmine hammamet on june 5th as a family with 2 year old. Looked at different weather forecasts and says 22 degrees!!? I was hoping for hotter and wanted to take little one swimming everyday!? Can anyone shed some light how hot it will be & is it beach weather beginning of June!!!? Thank you

3 Answers May 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • hammamet or yasmin hammamet?

by selinarevill Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Hi myself my partner and daughter have booked hammamet for October we have never visited Tunisia before so it's all new and exciting to us.I'm a little confused though,are hammamet and yasmine hammamet the same place? Will there be plenty for us to do? What is the weather likely to be like in October? Thanks guys

2 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    • danabanana's Profile Photo

Currency exchange

by danabanana Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Hi, my friend and I are visiting Hammamet next week and were wondering what is the best currency to bring with us. Also how is is it to exchange money. We can either bring English pounds or Euros.
      Would appreciate any advice.
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    • Benson35's Profile Photo

Just browsing . . .

by Benson35 Online Now Jun 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I've been asked on holiday with a group of friend in Hammamet Tunisia, May next year. It looks like a fab hotel (Les Orangers) and it £665 for two weeks, 24 hour all inclusive.
      Is that a good price?

I was just after peoples opinions about this area and things to do etc. I'm undecided on whether to go or not!

Thankyou
      Hayley :)

2 Answers Jun 21, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    • suzeeroglu's Profile Photo

holidaying in June

by suzeeroglu Online Now May 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Hi everyone,

My family and I are travelling to Hammamet in June myself, my turkish husband, my son 12 and 3 year old daughter. We are staying all inclusive at vincci nozha beach resort. I wondered how easy it is to get to hammamet itself as we dont want to be stuck in the hotel all the time. Is it easy to get around? Maybe im wrong but i always assumed it would be a bit like Turkey in the way of people hassling us to buy things is this true? Is there many things for children to do? day trips not too far as my daughter can be a bit wriggly :) sorry for so many questions but also is there mosquitos? ive only been bothered by them in western turkey so do they bother people much in Tunisia? Thanks for the time to read my questions many thanks
      suzanne

3 Answers May 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    • Help please

by doodlebug007 Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

seriously considering a booking to Yasmin Hammamet 21st March for 1 week.. bit concerned that it will be VERY quiet with not a lot open at this time, anybody enlighten me please, also the hotel Iberostar Solaria seem to be advertising entertainment, but unable to find out if that is all year or summer only, would like to think there would be something going on

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 8, 2012 at 5:48 AM
    • climate

by lindill2001 Online Now Oct 16, 2011 at 2:39 AM

I am going to asmine Hammamet for 1 week on the 26th November. Can anyone advise me Linda and partner Mark what the weather is likely to be like then, as Im not sure what sort of clothes to pack

3 Answers Nov 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    • Yasmine hammamet sports bars

by jeff619 Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 11:44 AM

looking for a bar that shows English football all ideas will be welcome, !!!!!

1 Answer Jan 6, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    • hospitals & injections info plese

by pattea Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 4:17 AM

hi - we are looking at booking a holiday at holiday village manar with first choice around 7km from hammamet. We have 2 children aged 4 & 5 & 2 elderly parents with medical conditions coming. Please can u help me on advising where /how far our nearest hospital would be for heart problems & what are the general response times to get from our hotel to the sed hospital.

Also what injections should we have?

kind regards Angela Patterson

1 Answer Aug 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    • train ride

by a.kidd2 Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM

im going to hammemett on sept 8th fot 2 weeks i want to do the indiana jones train ride any tips thanks fonz

• Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

by Chris6 Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Hi,
      I am thinking about booking this hotel at the end of October for me and my girlfriend, its a suprise for her bday. What can you tell me about the hotel and the area. We go to Turkey a lot so the whole culture side of Tunisia will not be a problem.
      Do you know anything about the hotel, the surrounding area, how much money we will need, the weather, the restaurants etc.

Much Appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    • onaquest's Profile Photo

Daytrips from Hammamet

by onaquest Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Basically I have a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday DAYTIME free, and would like to get out of Hammamet. But I must be back in Hammamet for the evenings.
      GIVE ME ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!!!

What is best? Louage, bus, train? Fastest? Cheapest?
      How early do the louage start in the morning?
      How long does it take to get to Sousse? ElJem? Gabes? Other places?

Thankyou for your help!

2 Answers May 14, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    • Macadam

by nicecream Online Now Mar 28, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Does anyone know how to contact the restaurant Macadam personally?

2 Answers Mar 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    • Do they speak fluent French in Hammamet?

by roxylocks Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Hi, I'm going to stay in Hammamet in April. Being a French A level student, I was wondering whether standard French was widely spoken in this area,and whether I would have the opportunity to be surounded by French speakers, so I could intergrate with the culture whilst practising my French?
      Are there any towns or villages nearby, where I'd have a chance to speak with French-speaking locals?
      Would there be many French tourists around?
      Cheers ;)

6 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    • kayleigh06's Profile Photo

Khayam Hotel

by kayleigh06 Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Hi all,

I am off to Hammamet (again) in March for a week. I am staying in the above hotel and I have a few questions:

Does anyone know of any good quality restaurants in Hammamet? We are going all inclusive but we are planning on eating out too so that we can get some authentic Tunisian food. Also - during the day is there much to do?

I have been to Hammamet before, but I was about 10 when I last went so I don't remember a lot about it!

Any tips or general guide as to where to head would be great!

Muchas Gracias!

Kayleigh

• gwenjones's Profile Photo

Riu Oceana

by gwenjones Online Now Jan 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Hi trying to decide between Hammamet and Agadir. Stayed in Port el kantoui last year and had a fantastic holiday. Has anyone stayed at the Riu Oceana as this is the favourite, we like beach based holidays in friendly quiet and preferably kid free hotels, can anyone help?

1 Answer May 9, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    • SUPERMARKET SHOPPING

by denecoulter Online Now Dec 13, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Hi. We are staying in Yasmine Hammamet over Christmas. Does anyone know where we can buy stuff like milk, eggs, bread, etc.

1 Answer Dec 13, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    • 2 day safari

by jacks14 Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 1:28 AM

I am going to tunisia later this month and was wondering if any one had been on the 2 day safari and could recomend who to go with and the cost.

1 Answer Sep 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    • Yasmine Hammamet in august

by dolffina Online Now Aug 3, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Hi,

Me and my husband are planning on a week visit to Tunisia in the end of Augost. Would it be empty at this time of year or will there still be some turists? We foung a good deal to Yasmine Hammamet at Green golf. Has anyone been there? what do you think?

Also I was wandaring what one can do in Yasmine Hammamet. I mean what are the things to do, places to go, how is the nightlfe and so on. We are flexible and like to explore the places we are visiting. Any recommendations, suggestions are appreciated

Thank you

BR

Rose

• Getting to hotel from airport

by mattcat Online Now Jul 10, 2009 at 6:41 AM

We're staying at the Hammamet Garden. What the cheapest and most convenient way to get to the hotel fom the airport? How much should we pay?

1 Answer Jul 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    • 2 day Sahara Trip

by mattcat Online Now Jul 10, 2009 at 6:40 AM

Where is the best place to book a two-day Sahara trip? Can anyone recommend a guide or agency. How much should we pay?

• Nearest Hospital and historical sites

by rippleway1771 Online Now Nov 4, 2008 at 6:09 AM

Hi everyone,has anybody out there been to Hammamat and needed hospital treatment ?, we are planning to go in August and have a child with a medical condition so always like to know what the local healthcare is like.
      Secondly any recommendations for sites of historical interest nearby without having to go on extra excersions which bump the price up.
      Lastly, hotel Fourati... any really recent visits and if so what is is like this year.
      Thanks all

1 Answer Dec 19, 2008 at 2:13 AM
    • Anybody traveling to Hammamet in June/July?

by Dean84 Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 3:34 AM

Hi all!

Was just wondering if anyone is traveling to Hamemmet between the 25th of June and 9th of July? I'm due to go on the 25th and was originally supposed to be going with my girlfriend but we split up last week and now she doesn't want to go. So at such short notice the only choice i have is to go with a mate and i just wanted to see if anybody else around our age (24) will be out there to meet so were not bored, on what seems to be a predominately 'couples' holiday.

Reply or contact me by email or facebook - thompson.dean@gmail.com

1 Answer Jun 18, 2008 at 3:55 AM
    • Dress Code in Tunisia

by Empressmay Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Hey there! I'm travelling to Hammamet, Tunisia for the first time this year with my boyfriend; we're both 27. Just wondering what to pack, clothes-wise? For example, I have a pair of mid-thigh shorts that I like to wear with a long strappy top for evenings out with heels, does this sound too revealing (ie to go to the discos and bars)? Do tourists tend to cover up in Hammamet by wearing long skirts and trousers all the time, or can we be fairly relaxed? I don't like to wear midriff revealing tops or miniskirts. I just want to ensure that we don't disrespect the local culture or draw too much attention. Is it perfectly normal to wear bikinis on the beach and around the pool? And I hear my boyfriend needs to pack a pair of trousers for restaurants, do I also need to cover my legs? I hope there is someone who knows the evening scene in Hammamet who can advise! Thanks in advance...Jennifer :)

4 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 7:25 AM
    • Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Wheelchair users?

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now May 25, 2008 at 4:56 PM

My fiance's mother is looking at going to Hammamet but needs to know if it is suitable for wheelchair users?

Also anyone know what yasmin hammamet is like?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2008 at 11:53 PM
    • Traditional Tunisian Music

by mandimar Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Myself and friend who are now both in our early fourties, would like to know when in Hammamet at the very end of August, which club would be good to go to for listening to traditional music?
      Regards,

Amanda