Hammamet Travel Answers

change location

how to do the 2 day sahara trip?

by safari_traveler Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me what is the best way to do the 2-day Sahara trip? I will be staying in Hammamet in May and definitely want to visit the desert. I'm guessing it has to an overnight stay because it's so far from Hammamet? Did anyone take tours from the hotel? What was your mode of transportation? Did you go to Tunis to take a bus/train? Where did you stay once you were there? (Douz, etc.) Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: how to do the 2 day sahara trip?

by poppy-jo Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 1:34 PM

If you are travelling on a package holiday your rep will sell you the trip & if you're travelling independently the hotel can usually help out.

I've done both - though from Port el-Kantaoui not Hammamet - the reps tour was for 2 days & we travelled by coach & stayed overnight in a hotel in the oasis at Douz, the tour I did through the hotel was for 3 days and we travelled in a 4x4, we stayed overnight in Matmata & Douz - I personally prefered the 3 day trip, yes it was slightly more expensive but it was less frenetic, you had more time to see things & it was much more comfortable - 4 people in a 4x4 or 50+ on a cramped coach?!!

You won't have to go to Tunis to do the tour you can be picked up at your hotel (this is included in the price of the trip - or should be!)

Hope this helps - have a brilliant time, it's an amazing trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hammamet