change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

more
    • About Toll Charges in Queensland

State of Queensland Apr 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is anyone able to advice me on the toll charges in Queensland?
      Will be renting vehicle from Brisbane Airport > Gold Coast (Day 1)
      And from Gold Coast > Sunshine Coast (Day 7)
      Sunshine Coast > Brisbane Airport (Day 10)

As I am comparing 2 car rental pricing.
      AUD837 (Toll charges to be charge direct to my credit card) vs AUD1,037 (inclusive Toll Charges)
      Which deal is a better offer with all other criteria the same.

more
    • Sunshine Coast

State of Queensland Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Dear friends,
      Seriously need some help on Sunshine Coast total 4 adults (1 elderly age 68) & 2 childrens (age 6 & 4).
      Will be checking out from Gold coast (Tue) to Sunshine coast (2hrs journey) and tentatively staying in Caloundra area.
      Few destination in mind, but at a lost on how to plan the route. 3.5 full days in Sunshine coast.
      1) Australia Zoo (1/2 day enough?)
      2) Glass house mountain (1/2 day enough?)
      3) Fraser Island day tour (Which tour agency is recommended? But seems like alot of time will be spend on travelling as Caloundra is quite far out from Fraser Island). So might not go ahead with Fraser Island.
      4) Ginger Factory (1/2 day enough?)
      5) Blackall range
      6) King's Beach (1/2 day enough?)
      7) Eumundi Market (Wednesday AM), where to proceed next from Eumundi market?
      8) Any wineyard to recommend and is it harvesting season in early May?
      9) Noosa (What is recommended there?)
      Will be checking out on saturday early morning to catch a flight in Brisbane back to my home town.
      Therefore, would appreciate all your kind assistant on helping me to plan these few days itinernary so that I don't have to travel up and down aimlessly.
      p/s : I have already rent a car thoughout my journey from 10 days journey.
      Thank you all in advance :)

more
    • Activities for families/kids and recommendation for dinner

by debbo18 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Afternoon - i am travelling with my partner, children, their partners and their kids for a 60th birthday surprise holiday on HI (total of 6 adults and 5 children ages 4 1/2 ti 11 yrs). I would like to know what activities we can do with the kids that are not going to cost me a small fortune. I would also like a recommendation for the 60th birthday dinner we will be having on the 26/1. Any adv would be appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • How many days should we stay?

by Mic3112 Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Hi, following a trip to New Zealand, we will be travelling to Hamilton Island and was wondering whether 3 nights is enough? Or should we make it 4?

1 Answer Dec 13, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • water activities and stingers

by mandyzam Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 4:44 AM

I am going to Hamilton Island at the end of October/start of November for a week and wanting to participate with my teenage children in some water sport experiences, such as para sailing and catamaran/trapeze sailing adventure, can anybody give me some feed back on these experiences and whether we would have to wear stinger suits?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    • Car rentals contacts at Hamilton island

by SatwantSachar Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Car rental contacts at Hamilton Island. Thanks

2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    • Anyone travelled to Hamilton Island in early September?

by TetaRuz Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Has anyone traveled to Hamilton Island in early September? We are travelling with our two children, aged 3 & 4 and are wondering if it will be warm enough to swim in the pools and beach? Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Answer Aug 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    • MichaelMacca's Profile Photo

Contacts for summer work

by MichaelMacca Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Hi, myself and a friend or two from University in Christchurch, New Zealand, are looking at Hamilton Island as a place to work over the summer. Does anyone have anyone I can personally contact for a job instead of going through the usual website ordeals? Or a way of getting one? Would be amazing if you could help! Thanks.

• Josilver's Profile Photo

Public BBQ on Hamilton Island

by Josilver Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Hi, We are staying at the whitsunday apartments and they dont appear to have BBQ facilities. Are there any public BBQs eg in a park that we could use?

Whitsunday apartments are self contained and we are ordering our groceries through coles on line.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    • Weather in July?

by biltritewave Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I know the average high temp in July is in the low 70's but I am wondering if its warm enough to lie out on the beach, get some sun, or go for a swim in the coral sea without freezing. Planning on going there for 5 days in early to mid july for my honeymoon and the fiance wants something warm and beachey. Thanks for the help

4 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

is there a good boat trip to whitehaven island

by maggiefoss Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Hi- We are going to be on Hamilton island from march 5- march 9. I really want to go to whitehaven beach , but all the tour companies just seen to go for 4 hours and head back. They leave only about 2 hrs on the island. Does anybody have a good suggestion for going there? Or is 4 hours plenty of time??? Does anybody have a tour operator that they recommend? Do you think it will be sunny, or will it be rainy every day. I was thinking since it was their fall it would be good weather, so I hope it is not too rainy. Is there anything else we need to see on hamilton island. thanks for your help

6 Answers Mar 3, 2011 at 4:55 AM
    • jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo

Help save a VT'r

by jeffmartinartist Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I love to cook and booked an apartment with kitchen on Hamilton Island for a week. There is no way of purchasing fresh seafood on the island. The restaurants are over priced, which I could handle if anyone knew how to cook. This place has great weather but I feel like I am trapped in a cross between the Truman show and The Wickerman (original version). Is there anyone out there that has been thru and survived this place. Here till Wednesday 3rd Help !

5 Answers Dec 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    • Flem2002's Profile Photo

When to book?

by Flem2002 Online Now Aug 25, 2010 at 3:31 AM

We are hoping to spend a few nights on Hamilton Island in October 2010. Does anyone know whether you get better deals booking early, or leaving it to the last minute?

4 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 2:51 AM
    • Weather in December .... Too wet?.

by patriciamercuri Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Is it to wet in Hamilton island during December to do water sports and see the reef? Is it worth going?

4 Answers Oct 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    • Weather in December .... Too wet?.

by patriciamercuri Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Is it to wet in Hamilton island during December to do water sports and see the reef? Is it worth going?

• Hamilton Island - what is it REALLY like working on the island??

by daisy166 Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Hi there

I am a 30-year old, NZ photographer and I am very interested in working on Hamilton Island for 6 months July - Dec 2010! I imagine Hamilton Island is a really fun, enjoyable, social place to work - is this correct?

My questions include:

Does Hamilton Island arrange the accommodation (if I get a job through them)?
      Is it shared accommodation or bunk beds etc?
      Is it expensive to live there?
      Does it get boring after a week?
      What is there to do aside from swim, walk, shop, golf, eat/drink?
      What is the main age group of the employees?
      Would you recommend working there?
      Is it difficult to find full-time employment? (I am a photographer but can also do administration roles)

Any advice would be much appreciated! Please be honest!!

Thank you

Daisy

3 Answers Jan 24, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    • accommodation

by shunter151 Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Hello
      Does anyone know of cheap accommodation on Hamilton Island?
      Thanks

3 Answers May 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM
    • Going to Hamilton

by nickanana Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Hey everyone,

We have booked in our holiday for a week to Hamilton Island between May 25-30. Last year we went at the end of July and found it to be beautiful weather during the day yet a tad cold at night.

Does anyone know what the weather is like in May, around the dates that i noted above.

Thanks in advance,
      Nick :)

2 Answers Apr 18, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    • Restaurant

by sweetholiday1 Online Now Mar 18, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Hi ,
      I have a trip planned to Hamiliton Island in April. Its my boyfriend's 21st the night we get there and im looking for a restaurant on Hamilton Island thats maybe on the beach and serves sea food. Something that maybe involves "sand between the toes" type experience would be great. If not does anyone know of a special place (dining wise) that i might be able to take him?
      Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks for the help

Sweetholiday1

1 Answer Mar 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    • Young People!

by Maddie2145 Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Hi, i just wanted to know if anyone could tell me if Hamilton island is for young people? More so 18-30?
      My friend and I want to go and work there (both girls), but i wasnt sure if hamilton island was the best place to go for meeting other young people or would another island be better for that? And are there many young staff? We are also considering going to work there. If so, where do you think the best place to work would be?

Thanks so much,
      Maddie

4 Answers Jun 6, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    • Weather

by Ebbie9 Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 11:35 PM

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Hamilton Island at the end of February 2009 and we were wondering what the weather was going to? Seeing as though there is pretty ***ty weather up in QLD at the moment? Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    • Crocs?

by superman_156 Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Does hamilton island have crocs or croc problems?

7 Answers Jan 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    • fishing

by annmariebell Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Has anyone been fishing on a charter boat. How much did it cost and what was your experience

2 Answers Feb 7, 2008 at 9:31 PM
    • Hamilton Island in March 2008 with a 2 1/2 year old daughter

by Paul.SA Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM

My wife, myself and our 2 1/2 year old daughter are considering going to Hamilton Island around March 2008 being in the middle of the wet season.
      Is March likely to be very rainy?
      Is the rain likely to dampen our holiday experience?
      Is the island child friendly and things to entertain a 2 1/2 year old?
      THX in advance

2 Answers Jan 8, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    • Weather in January

by villi07 Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 3:01 PM

Hi, Have booked 7 nights in Hamilton Island for Jauary 2008, please can anyone tell me what the weather is like at this time of year.

villi07

5 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 1:58 AM
    • Hamilton Island to Brisbane on Sunday 26th

by Rachaelrach Online Now Aug 9, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get to Brisbane from Hamilton Island on the 26th of August without flying?? I cant seem to find a great deal of info on boat trips. Any tips would be gratefully received. Kind Regards, Rachael

2 Answers Aug 9, 2007 at 4:47 PM
    • trip

by scart Online Now May 24, 2007 at 9:17 AM

hi i am thinking of spending a couple of days in hamilton island around start of august, could anyone tell me of things to do prices etc
      thank you

4 Answers May 29, 2007 at 5:25 AM
    • runabout hire

by tuneslut Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 1:50 AM

Hi, I took the time to read your information on hsmilton island and found it to be very hepful thankyou> just one thing tho, how much are the runabouts to hire 4 the day? and can u skipper them yourself? thnks again ..steve

1 Answer Jan 23, 2009 at 2:43 AM
    • Should we stay there?

by erdington Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 3:17 PM

We are due to leave for Austrlia in 1.5 weeks time and are due to be on Hamilton Island around mid August. Advised by travel agent that it was a great place to visit. Have read some recent reviews - not good! places closed/lots of construction/unmotivated staff... We have 2 young children- should we change our plans? Anyone visited recently and enjoyed it? Thankyou, Julie.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2006 at 9:43 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

4 Nightson Hamilton Island, What Must We Do During Day

by Mikebb Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 8:40 PM

The first week of September we have a 4 night stay, I would like to do activities other than tennis, lazing by the pool etc. Would appreciate any suggestions including visiting other islands and the best and cheapest way of doiung it othere than paddling a ski.

2 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 7:25 AM
    • Working Hamilton Island Dec-Feb

by rame1 Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 5:32 PM

Hello.
      I am a 20 year old student from Dunedin, New Zealand who is wishing to come over to Hamilton Island to work over the summer.
      Does anyone know of good places to start looking for jobs? preferably with cheap accommodation provided?
      Your help would be gratefully apreciated.

• Hamilton Island at Christmas

by BritBabe1 Online Now May 10, 2006 at 6:18 AM

Has anyone stayed on Hamilton Island over the Christmas period? If so, was it a good resort at that time of year? Are all the facilities open over the Christmas holidays? What was the weather like e.g. hot and humid?

Any information would be great!

1 Answer Sep 26, 2007 at 10:03 AM