Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location

Weather in July?

by biltritewave Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I know the average high temp in July is in the low 70's but I am wondering if its warm enough to lie out on the beach, get some sun, or go for a swim in the coral sea without freezing. Planning on going there for 5 days in early to mid july for my honeymoon and the fiance wants something warm and beachey. Thanks for the help

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Weather in July?

by travellbug2012 Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

The weather will be nice that time of the year, not as humid as summer. You will certainly be able to lie on the beach and get some sun as it is generally the drier season up north. The water will definitely not be freezing, I have gone swimming at that time of the year - and you will not have to worry about the stingers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by biltritewave Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Great thanks.

How much does renting a buggy cost?

• Trackers's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in July?

by Trackers Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM

July is the perfect month to visit, as it is winter at that time. This may seem strange, but the summer months are shockingly hot and oppressive. The daily temp in July is about 27-28c. Hope this helps.
    Cheers

by helenslea Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I personlly don't think it is warm enough on Hamilton Island in July. You can be lucky and have temperatures above 25 degrees but I've been to Port Douglas a few times in July and not found it warm enough for swimming and it's quite a bit further North than Hamilton. It depends on how warm it has to be for you to go swimming. You certainly can lie in the sun and probably won't need a jacket through the day but I think you're more likely to get temperatures below 25 which is not warm enough for me to swim.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines