Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location
jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo

Help save a VT'r

by jeffmartinartist Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I love to cook and booked an apartment with kitchen on Hamilton Island for a week. There is no way of purchasing fresh seafood on the island. The restaurants are over priced, which I could handle if anyone knew how to cook. This place has great weather but I feel like I am trapped in a cross between the Truman show and The Wickerman (original version). Is there anyone out there that has been thru and survived this place. Here till Wednesday 3rd Help !

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Help save a VT'r

by Odinnthor Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Sorry mate, - although I have been there, I really hve no solution for ya. I just cracked up at "cross between the Truman show and The Wickerman (original version)", - and thought I'd tell you that I was so right there.....surreal fo' sho'.........d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • tropicrd's Profile Photo

by tropicrd Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 9:14 PM

My goodness--how awful for you to be"trapped" on the island,have you asked some of the chefs/cooks on the island restaurants if you could purchase some fresh seafood from them?(no cooking)or perhaps hire some fishing gear and catch your own--that maybe fun.I am a bit shocked they haven't any fresh seafood stores for people who stay in an apartment as we are renowned for our seafood along the coast of QLD.
    Next time come up to Cairns,we have tons of fresh seafood here.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo

by tropicrd Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Hello again,I was just thinking that you could get up very early and head down to the wharf or fishing co-op and get it straight from the fishing boats like the restaurants do each day.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Dorrise

• jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo

by jeffmartinartist Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I have booked a fishing charter for tomorrow. Hunt and Gather, I hope. Thanks for the feedback.

• Re: Help save a VT'r

by KC58 Online Now Dec 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Problem has been solved with fresh seafood delivery 7 days a week from the restaurant in Airlie rated number 1 on Trip Advisor for the Great Barrier Reef. Don't think I should post adress but just type seafood delivery to hamilton island into google and you will find it.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines