Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location

Young People!

by Maddie2145 Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Hi, i just wanted to know if anyone could tell me if Hamilton island is for young people? More so 18-30?
My friend and I want to go and work there (both girls), but i wasnt sure if hamilton island was the best place to go for meeting other young people or would another island be better for that? And are there many young staff? We are also considering going to work there. If so, where do you think the best place to work would be?

Thanks so much,
Maddie

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: Young People!

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM

All the Islands have young staff, and visitors of all ages.You would be very happy, should you get a job on any of the islands. Hamilton is the largest island in the Whitsundays, but very touristy.,Its a great fun place.You would make many friends. Daydream and Heron (my favourite) are other options.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Online Now Feb 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Hi Maddie. As Lynne said....any island up there would be fun. Actually out of all the ones I visited, probably Daydream would be the best for young people. South Molle seems to be more family orientated...and as Lynne said, Hamilton Island is the biggest. I havn't been to Long Island yet but I would assume it would attract different people from young to families as it is the cheapest. Airlie Beach on the mainland is also a lively place for young people. Whatever you choose....have fun!! and I know you will enjoy it!
    Cheers, Ann :o)

• AllOverRover's Profile Photo

by AllOverRover Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Hi there

Personally, I think Airlie Beach is more a place for young party people. I went to the Whitsundays a couple of years ago when I was 30, and whilst Hamilton Island was lovely, it was quite resorty/coupley I thought that Airlie Beach had much more of a party vibe and that would be where I would base myself if I was 10 years younger and looking for a good time.

• Re: Young People!

by beebay11 Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Try the Greek Islands, especially Ios! I went on the Contiki Greek Island Hopper and had the best time of my life. Contiki in general is a good way to meet people because they are a travel company that provides travel opportunities for people 18-35. You get to bus around with a bunch of young people from all over the world! Total blast!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines