Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location

Weather

by Ebbie9 Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 11:35 PM

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Hamilton Island at the end of February 2009 and we were wondering what the weather was going to? Seeing as though there is pretty ***ty weather up in QLD at the moment? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Weather

by Anne12 Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Seriously, no one can predict the weather for that time of year.
    You can have crap weather one day and the next can be pretty well perfect.
    This has happened in Cairns this week, floods, lots of heavy, very heavy rain for a few days and then the calm, the past two days have been great.

It all depends on the weather Gods, I would just go on your holiday and take it as it comes, you can go to any destination at any time of the year and it can be crappy weather. It's just how you approach this that makes the holiday. Be prepared, you may have to sit in one of those lovely bars and look at the rain:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lou31's Profile Photo

Re: Weather

by lou31 Online Now Jan 26, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Yes we can't predict the weather...it is hot at the moment though and we have had lots of rain lately.

Can't say whether it will be raining or not but I will predict it will still be very hot!

• Re: Weather

by amanda80 Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

We are booked to go up there 19th February for a week (there are 20 of us). We last went up there 5 years ago to get married (same time of the year) and the weather was beautiful. It is hot, but there are so many pools to chill out in. You may find it might rain, or be overcast, but it will be hot and humid.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines