Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location

Hamilton Island in March 2008 with a 2 1/2 year old daughter

by Paul.SA Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM

My wife, myself and our 2 1/2 year old daughter are considering going to Hamilton Island around March 2008 being in the middle of the wet season.
Is March likely to be very rainy?
Is the rain likely to dampen our holiday experience?
Is the island child friendly and things to entertain a 2 1/2 year old?
THX in advance

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

Re: Hamilton Island in March 2008 with a 2 1/2 year old daughter

by aussirose Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 4:40 AM

G'day Paul and welcome to vt! Hope you stick around this wonderful site and share your holiday memories with all of us. Well March is sort of going out of the rainy season. We went to Hamilton Island in January...right in there! But still enjoyed ourselves. Sure it rained a bit, but then we got lots of sun in between the showers :o) I believe they have clownkids club to entertain kids on Hamilton Island. The pools on Hamilton are awesome too! Also there are heaps of day trips that you can take children on. For sure, do the yellow sub. That was fun! :o) And make sure you catch a plane right into Hamilton Island, and ask for seats on the right hand side of the plane, because the view as you bank right for a landing on the island is awesome!! Don't forget to check out all of our pages here on vt! Cheers, Ann :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

Re: Hamilton Island in March 2008 with a 2 1/2 year old daughter

by Couplesynergy Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 7:03 PM

March is traditionally the wettest month of the year with an average rainfall of over 300mm. It is tropical rain though and not cold just very heavy. If you wanted to go to the Whitsundays with a child I would recommend Daydream Island over Hamilton. Hamilton is very nice but pretty busy with lots of people driving around in golf carts whereas Daydream is quieter and has a very large outdoor aquarium that kids love. Whatever you decide to do have fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines