Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location

Weather in January

by villi07 Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 3:01 PM

Hi, Have booked 7 nights in Hamilton Island for Jauary 2008, please can anyone tell me what the weather is like at this time of year.

villi07

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • stevemt's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in January

by stevemt Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 3:04 PM

In January hot and humid

Its really popular then especially as its holiday time

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • julian3's Profile Photo

by julian3 Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 7:01 PM

In December/January,
    It's summer and I'll tell you it will usually be REALLY REALLY Hot.
    Temperatures max can range from 30 to 40 degrees throughout Australia especially in January.
    In Queensland, temperatures will be humid, and reach an average of 33 usually.

• CTandCR's Profile Photo

by CTandCR Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 9:21 PM

It will be hot and humid but at least there are beautiful pools to cool off in. Just be careful about swimming at the beach as this is also jellyfish season. There are stinger suits available for hire there though which is advisable if you want to swim in the ocean.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 1:18 AM

Hi You will have a good time , expect temperature approx 30C with humidity, but there are beautiful pools in the resort, palm trees and gardens , just laze on a sun lounge under a palm tree and enjoy the pool. Take the Fantasea ferry on the 3 island day trip, takes you to Airlie Beach, Long Island & Daydream Island, then back to Hamilton Island by 5pm. Have a look at my Hamilton Island, Long Island & Airlie Beach pages, it will give you an idea of the day trip,
    Good Luck,
    Mike

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Online Now Aug 26, 2007 at 1:58 AM

January is the rainy season up north. We did Hamilton Island in January and had a lovely time, but it did rain a bit and probably we should have chosen between April and October for the best weather. Anyway, having said that might I add to Mike's suggestions, that you also consider a diving course - hubby and my daughter learnt in the pool at Hamilton and then we went on the Yellow Submarine day trip and they were able to do a dive and enjoyed it. Also the day trip on the Raggamuffin (an ex Sydney to Hobart racing yaucht) to the famous Whitehaven beach is definately well worth it! Are you flying into Hamilton Island from the south? .... if so, it's awesome!..viewing the islands as you bank right for a landing!...just make sure you ask for a seat on the right hand side of the plane :o) Have fun!!
    Cheers, Ann :o)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines