Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location

Hamilton Island to Brisbane on Sunday 26th

by Rachaelrach Online Now Aug 9, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get to Brisbane from Hamilton Island on the 26th of August without flying?? I cant seem to find a great deal of info on boat trips. Any tips would be gratefully received. Kind Regards, Rachael

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pedroswift's Profile Photo

Re: Hamilton Island to Brisbane on Sunday 26th

by pedroswift Online Now Aug 9, 2007 at 4:50 AM

You realise of course that it is approx 1200kms from Brisbane to Hamilton Island.
    Normal transport is to fly (some cheap flights are less than AUD100 one way. Try webjet.com for comparative prices). There are no scheduled boat services that cover the route. Alternative would be bus to Airley Beach then ferry boat to the island. (I will not duplicate research that you can do youself by google on how long one would have to sit in a bus to get close enough to catch the boat service).good luck de p.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: Hamilton Island to Brisbane on Sunday 26th

by Mikebb Online Now Aug 9, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Hi You could get the early morning Fantasea Ferry cat to Airlie Beach, approx 40 minutes and then try to get a bus to Brisbane or hire a car. Long trip by car, bus might be better.
    See my Hamilton Island pages , I have a tip on Fantesea Ferries, most likely has web page link, I would also ask them about connecting busses to Brisbane, they might be able to give you a link. When we arrived at the Airlie Beach wharf there were buses waiting to take people to the town approx 10 to 15 minute trip from wharf.

Good Luck,
    Mike

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines