Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location

Should we stay there?

by erdington Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 3:17 PM

We are due to leave for Austrlia in 1.5 weeks time and are due to be on Hamilton Island around mid August. Advised by travel agent that it was a great place to visit. Have read some recent reviews - not good! places closed/lots of construction/unmotivated staff... We have 2 young children- should we change our plans? Anyone visited recently and enjoyed it? Thankyou, Julie.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

RE: Should we stay there?

by Mikebb Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 3:38 PM

Hi Hamilton Island is a fabulous place to holiday, right in the Whitsundays , plenty of pools and beaches, free water activities like paddle ski, sail craft, plus you can pay to go on island cruises, diving fishing. It is one of the bigger islands and has nature walks. I was there for 5 days in 1998 and it was good then, has been upgraded since and I am taking my wife there the first week of Sept. Take the Great Barrier Reef tour , or the day cruise on the "Ragamuffin" yacht which used to represent Australia in the big ocean races around Britian.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Should we stay there?

by aussirose Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 6:51 AM

You guys are going to love Hamilton Island!! We had a fantastic time there even though it was rainy season when we went. Lucky you...August should be great weather! As Mike said (hiya matey) the Ragamuffin trip is definately worth it. Also don't forget to do the Yellow Sub....always a hit with the kids. Have fun Julie!...and don't forget to share your holiday pix with all of us here on vt. Cheers, Ann :o)

• RE: Should we stay there?

by SBrunch Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 9:43 AM

I have to say i went to Hamilton Island for Xmas 11 years ago and i loved it. It was actually one of the resons i went backpacking to Oz so i could go back there. I love the place, i managed to go back and spent my 21st there last year. Its brillant you must go. I'm so jelous!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines