Hamilton Island Travel Answers

change location
APIA05's Profile Photo

Hamilton Island in March

by APIA05 Online Now Feb 24, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Can anyone let me know whether this resort is better than hayman? don't want anything to posh, but equally would like something nice and fun (if possible), is the weather okay this time of year?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

RE: Hamilton Island in March

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 24, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Hayman is much more up-market. Hamilton is a big island for the Whitsundays, with an airport, roads, shops etc. If by *this time of year* you mean now, the weather should be OK, but it's the tail-end of the humid wet season and coming into Autumn which is a changeable season so be prepared for anything - except cold that is.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Hamilton Island in March

by aussirose Online Now Feb 25, 2006 at 10:04 PM

Hiya Apia (G'day Colin). Hamilton Island is fantastic. You'll have the best time!! You can easily island hop from there. Make sure you fly straight into Hamilton. If coming from Brisbane, the view as you bank right over the islands for a landing is awesome!!....ask for seats on the right hand side of the plane ;o) The famous whitehaven beach is a 'must see' as well as the Yellow Sub trip :o) Also if you havn't dived before, they have lessons in the pool at Hamilton and my hubby and daughter did a dive and had a fabulous time! Snorkling is fun too. Have a great holiday downunder!! ....and don't forget to share your pix with us. Cheers, Ann :o)

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Hi , have been to Hayman approx 8 years ago and it was very nice, I believe Hayman is a little better. The trick with all these island holidays is to go in the better weather, when it is less humid. The weather gets better from April onwards, presently humid Nov to March

Good luck , Mikebb

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 3:23 PM

Hi Correction, I went to Hamilton Island 8 years ago and it was excellent, however I believe Hayman is more upmarket
    good luck, Mikebb

• APIA05's Profile Photo

by APIA05 Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Hi there

Thanks so much for responsiding so promptly, sounds great, is there only one hotel in Hamilton _ sorry - ;l(

is the weather nice for first two weeks of march
    Can;t wait
    Been a dream come true for many years.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 2:18 PM

Hi, There is the 6 or 8 level hotel which stands out above the landscape, however there are many cottages / units spread around and within walking distance of the hotel,they have electric cars free to guests, just like the golf carts. March is most likely OK , better from April onwards which is prime time.
    good luck, Mikebb

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines