change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ThisWorldAndI's Profile Photo

Vancouver - view from the tallest building

Vancouver 46 minutes ago

My dad is visiting Vancouver and he has been asking me if it would be possible to view the city from some of the tallest buildings in Vancouver Downtown.
      Would someone by any chance know if this is possible and how is one supposed to go about it?

Thanks.

more
    • Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia Dec 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

more
    • Parking passes

Banff National Park Nov 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

We were caught in a snow storm and and got stuck in the wrong lane at the gate. Is there anywhere to get a parking pass in the town of banff

more
    • Quebec City in late December

Quebec Yesterday

Any tips on fun things to do in Quebec City in late December?

Our group is 3 adults and a 5 year old.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

more
    • Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • Driving in Hamilton, Ontario

by New_2017 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I will soon be living in Hamilton. Can someone please help me on this : is it safe to drive at night passing through King street to McMaster university? And how bad the traffic during daytime (same routine).

Many thanks!!!!

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    • Bus Tours at the RBG

by Sedona22 Online Now May 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Hello:

I plan to visit the RBG
      in June
      and would likely try to
      find a bus tour from Toronto

Does anyone know if there are tours
      of Cootes Paradise?

I am googling and researching on my own now
      but if anyone knows of this, please let me know
      I do not drive

so would get the GO train or bus
      to the RBG

Sedona :)

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

FRUITS IN SEASON & Area to Book our accommodation

by listenandlearn Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM

We will only be in Hamilton, Canada for three nights and two days. Which is a good safe location and nearest to the Niagra Falls to book for our accommodation? We are on our way to Hamilton, Ontario. We heard that there are many sweet fruits which are shipped from Bangkok to Hamilton. Does anyone know where we would find them, we meant, which groceries would be selling them? We will be staying at Falls Views Blvd., Niagra Falls, Ontario...
      We also heard that there are good authentic Chinese places to eat. Any suggestions from a location?
      Cheers!

1 Answer Jul 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM
    • accomadation

by rebecca_149 Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Hey guys,
      My parents are travelling to canada next may and are trying to find accomadation namely in Hamilton and Toronta. My dad was thinking of bookin the Ramada Plaza and Delta Chelsea respectively. Does anyone know if these are nice? Any otherf suggestions? Thanks! :)

4 Answers Sep 13, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    • Travel options to Niagra from Hamilton

by Shimrod Online Now Jun 20, 2007 at 1:13 PM

I'm flying in to Hamilton airport in September, and have a hotel booked the same night in Niagra. I know it isn't far to travel, but the flight time has changed and I won't be getting to Hamilton now until after 6pm.

Could anyone give me details on how late public transport runs from Hamilton to Niagra, and what the best travel option might be for a couple with luggage? How much might a taxi cost over that distance? I'm more concerned with doing it in the quickest time rather than cheapest cost (within reason!), although I don't want to hire a car for this one trip.

Thanks

Shim

7 Answers Aug 9, 2008 at 5:51 AM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Charles Juravinski

by rmdw Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 7:56 AM

I frequently see the aforementioned gentleman's name in relation to Hamilton. Who is he and how did he make his fortune? Is there any sort of museum about his rags to riches story in Hamilton?

Robert

2 Answers Sep 7, 2006 at 8:19 AM
    • Dance Lessons

by DonLino Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 4:02 PM

Any good salsa schools with real latin teachers around?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    • helllppp

by sherry_t Online Now Jul 8, 2004 at 2:37 PM

Me and my family are going to hamilton for about a month in mid august. Can anyone suggest some affordable clean appartment, furnished with an attached kitchen bathroom and 2 bedrooms?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2008 at 10:51 AM
    • Spoon1's Profile Photo

Immigrating to Canada

by Spoon1 Online Now Jun 9, 2004 at 9:30 AM

Hi! My name's David, I'm 34 yrs old and live in the UK with my fiancee Linda. We're both wanting to emigrate to Canada in search of a better life for ourselves. We have no kids [not planning any either!] and, quite honestly, are fed up with the way Britain is heading; particularly with the ever burgeoning European Union. We both want to live in a country which, we feel, will appreciate our efforts and patriotism and reward us accordingly. We do not want to sponge off the state [seen UK deteriorate rapidly as a result of other people doing that!] but want to make a valid and worthy contribution to the Canadian economy and immerse into Canadian culture as much as possible. Well, that's the political waffle done with! Can anyone give us any pointers and tell us of any pitfalls we may need to be aware of? We're looking to settle either in Ontario/around Toronto or areas surrounding Ottawa. What areas should we avoid, and why? ALL helpful responses welcomed, including those from indigenous Canadians AS WELL AS British ex-pats who have emigrated and wish to share their experiences.

32 Answers Jun 14, 2004 at 2:05 PM