Hamilton Travel Answers

change location

looking for accomodation for the winter (April-September 2006)

by Graeme36 Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 10:20 AM

Hi,
Im doing some research at the University of Waikato for 4 months and will be looking for a nice cheap motel etc (any suggestions?). The university cant offer me any place to stay because they are over subscribed already. Ill have around300 a week for accomodation. It must be fairly near to the university as I wont have my own transport. Does anybody have any suggestions?.
many thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: looking for accomodation for the winter (April-September 2006)

by MichellexXx Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 6:08 PM

The university hostels usually go well before the new year. The Waikato Times is one of Hamiltons most popular newspaper. Try putting an add in there. Hillcrest is mostly within walking distance to the Uni. But Hamilton has public transport thats fairly reliable (in my opinion). Definately advertise in the paper though you should get a few bites, maybe even from Uni students who are short a flatmate? Good Luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • shelnlin's Profile Photo

RE: RE: looking for accomodation for the winter (April-September 2006)

by shelnlin Online Now Mar 25, 2006 at 11:30 PM

Yes have a good look in the local paper (Waikato Times) or log into www.stuff.co.nz and have a look at the paper online. Your budget will give you a reasonably good house but may not come furnished, check this beforehand. As you are only here for a short time, you could also look at making some enquires with a few of the hotels in the centre of town. It's up to you whether you would like a little bit of a luxury or not.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines