change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• samtin's Profile Photo

Camping eservations at Dead Horse Point State Park

Moab Jan 18, 2016 at 4:43 AM

Hi - I see you can only make reservations 4 mths ahead of arrival date. Does anyone know if dates around the 4th July are really hard to get. Should I be poised at my computer, mouse ready at 1 minute past midnight on the relevant day (when the four month window opens)? We are concerned if we miss out it will be late to find anything else and we are already struggling to find alternative tent camping options which one can reserve in advance (beyond Devils Gdn in Arches where we hope to spend a couple of nights). We don't want to risk first-come, first-served at such a busy time of year. Thank you. Sam

more
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Can't find much reservable camping in Moab area

Utah Jan 17, 2016 at 2:10 PM

We are in the area in the run up to 4th July as part of a 3 wk trip from Denver to LA. Parts of our itinerary are already pinned down so we don't now have entire flexibility. We want to hike Arches, Canyonlands and then move on probably via Capitol Reef and Bryce and Zion but can't find much reservable camping in the Moab area beyond Devils Gdn. Can anyone recommend anywhere. We prefer quiet and undeveloped campgrounds but may not be able to access anywhere too remote as we will have a rental vehicle (SUV class) of undetermined road clearance and can' t risk any damage to it. Suggestions much appreciated. Thank you. Sam

more