Halifax

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia 3 hours ago

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

more
    • Parking passes

Banff National Park Nov 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

We were caught in a snow storm and and got stuck in the wrong lane at the gate. Is there anywhere to get a parking pass in the town of banff

more
    • Road weather

Niagara Falls Nov 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Hi I'm planing a trip on thanksgiving but I'm worried about the road from NY to Niagara Falls Canada will there be a lot of snow on the why? Can we get stuck? Will I need a 4x4?

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec 17 hours ago

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

more
    • Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

The best spot in Vancouver to watch northern lights?

Vancouver Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Northern lights and winter storms...Is there a specific spot where you can actually watch it happen in Vancouver or anywhere in B.C.?

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • public transport to yarmouth ferry

by dbahick Online Now Oct 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM

How to travel from viarail station to Novastar ferry terminal in yarmouth

3 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • F.R.E.D. in Halifax

by x852888 Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Is FRED still running (7/29/2014)? I will be there in mid September, 2014.
      Thank you.

6 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • manucidoo's Profile Photo

Stay in PEI

by manucidoo Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Hello,
      I am planning on visiting Halifax and Charlottetown in second week of August. Is that a good time to be there at that part of the year? Secondly I wanted to know if its going to be a rainy season then there then?
      Is PEI worth staying over night or its a days trip?

7 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    • halifax airport to downtown halifax

by cruisedancer Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 7:38 AM

If our plane arrives at 4:10 pm on a weekday would we be downtown by 5:45 if we take a taxi?

4 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    • whale watching in Halifax

by traveller0001 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Hi! My family and I are doing a Maritimes road trip and have plan to stay in Halifax for 2 days. We would really like to add whale watching to our itinerary. I would appreciate any and all suggestions!

5 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Clothing highlights

by FondaM Online Now May 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM

we will be visiting Nova Scotia from June 18 - June 27.
      How heavy of a coat should we bring? Should we bring any dressy clothes or all casual pants and shorts? We will be staying 10 days how many days should we allocate in each area to see the highlights?

6 Answers May 13, 2014 at 2:48 AM
    • Reccommend a plce to visit

by Romagirly Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hi we are in Halifax for a short day in July, it seems Peggy Cove is over rated so was considering taking a Tall Ship tour ,Thoughts please and is it easy to do your own rather than an excursion with the cruise ship we are on. Thanks in advance :)

11 Answers May 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    • ebehenna's Profile Photo

City busses

by ebehenna Online Now Mar 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Pomerol, where do I pick up "Bus 14" in Scotia Square? Will be dropped off there by Metro X bus from airport. Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 4:52 AM
    • ebehenna's Profile Photo

Halifax city busses

by ebehenna Online Now Mar 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Am looking to take city bus from Scotia Square Terminal to Lord Nelson Hotel in near future. How would I go about it? And thanks.

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    • dirksijbren's Profile Photo

transportation from halifax airport to dartmouth

by dirksijbren Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 2:49 AM

what are the possibilities?

6 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • 2 Days in Halifax?

by Giggrrl Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hi, I'll be with a group of 8 adults in Halifax September 20th for 2 days only (celebrating a friend's 50th birthday). We arrive Friday mid-day and depart for the airport around 2pm on Sunday. We won't have a car. Any suggestions for making the best use of our time in Halifax?
      Thanks so much!
      Deb

2 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    • Whale watching in late September?

by gigicruises Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I'm going to be in Halifax on Sept.23rd. Do I still have a decent chance of spotting whales then?

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    • tour bus company

by sjov Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM

thank you so much for all the responsed of my enquiries all are very helpful.can anyone pls provide me a reputable day tour bus company going to peggy,s cove,mahone,lunenberg etc on friday sept 12 and a city bus tour and pls take into consideration that the fee is nominal not a rip off.thank you guys once again

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    • where do we begin

by sjov Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM

hi tvor,i need your help very badly.My daughter and i will be meeting my brother in halifax on the 12th of sept,This trip is paid by my brother and my share is to do the research of where to go"the must see"in halifax.We will be arriving on the 12th of sept and leaving on the 15th.My worry is that i dont know where to begin sightseeing by the way we will be arriving around 4pm on the 12th so i guess we still have the rest of the evening exploring downtown halifax.I want to see the citadel,pier 21,museum for the titanic artifacts,peggy,s cove,whale watching,ann of green gable{PEI?}.is renting a car a good idea?Pls help me

6 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    • storing luggage for a fe hours

by belfastbap Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Hi
      Is there any place to store luggage for a few hours while we take a tour of halifax when we get off the cruise ship
      Thanks
      danny kenny

4 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    • erikaggerholm's Profile Photo

Camping

by erikaggerholm Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Dear VT friends in Halifax
      I am starting my "around-the-World" tour and first leg would be in Halifax arriving from Denmark the 5th of September 2013.
      Is there a tent camping-ground near the city and how do I find it from the Airport ?
      Looking forward to get to know your corner of the World
      erik.aggerholm@hotmail.com

6 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    • EileenR8's Profile Photo

How to get from Halifax to PEI

by EileenR8 Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM

How can one get to PEI from Halifax via public transportation?

3 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • Public transport from Halifax Airport

by susieportugal Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Is it possible to use public transport from Halifax Airport to Caribou Ferry Terminal in July and the costs please

1 Answer Mar 26, 2013 at 4:10 AM
    • Halifax Airpot to Caribou Ferry Terminal

by susieportugal Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

How do I get from the Aiport to Caribou ferry terminal and the cost

1 Answer Mar 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Halifax weather

by kal_el Online Now Nov 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

How is the Halifax weather through the year?

9 Answers Dec 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    • Cheap Nova Scotia Travel

by AKalel Online Now May 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I live in Toronto and on a fixed income. I am thinking of visiting relatives that live in and around Yarmouth this summer from sometime in late July/early August for between a week and a half to 2 weeks. I do not drive and would be looking to arrive in Halifax late morning/early afternoon hoping to be in Yarmouth no late then 6pm and when I come back to leave Yarmouth mid/late morning and hoping to arrive in Halifax mid afternoon. Since I am on a fixed income I am looking for hopefully for no more then 100. Is this possible and if so can anyone post any info I should know, etc. Thanxs in advance.

2 Answers May 18, 2012 at 4:22 AM
    • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Anyone for a meet at Halifax NS this week?

by pieter_jan_v Online Now May 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I'll be a week at Halifax from May 8.

Anybody interested in a joined dinner meet or a tour to Peggy's Cove/Lunenborg in the weekend (May 12 or 23)?

Also open to other suggestions,

PJ

• worldtrekker's Profile Photo

One day in Halifax with kids

by worldtrekker Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM

My chiropractor and his family are going on the Disney to Canada cruise (5 days from NY) in July. Since I spent over a month in Nova Scotia in the fall of 2010, he asked me for advice on where he could go in Halifax, when they are in port. He wasn't sure how many hours they have. Has anyone done this cruise? He has 5 children ranging in age from 10-18. I only spent 1 day in Halifax, as I spent the majority of my trip in Cape Breton. I suggested the Citadel as a good option that the parents, as well as the kids would enjoy. He mentioned they may also do some kayaking. Does anyone have other suggestions? Thanks!

6 Answers May 21, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    • kyewink's Profile Photo

Japanese/Seafood Stores in Halifax

by kyewink Online Now Feb 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Hi there,

My Husband is heading into Halifax for a few days next month and I am on a mission for him to pick up some sashimi grade tuna and salmon for homemade sushi, as well as a few other ingredients...no japanese restos here in Central Nfld :(
      I found a website for the Fisherman's Market, and was wondering if that would be the place to go?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    • Wests

by Wests Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Hello again...
      Could someone let us know a nice place to stay in the Anapolis Valley (April 2012)? Is there anything happening during mid April?
      Appreciate your assistance.

6 Answers Mar 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    • Easts

by Wests Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 9:52 PM

We will be landing in Halifax at midnight(April 2012). Leaving for PEI next morning. Could someone tell us the name of a hotel close by going in that direction. Thank you so much:)

11 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    • transportation

by t.whitig Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 6:27 AM

I need to get from airport to IWK hospital, what is the best transportation to take?

3 Answers Jan 20, 2012 at 5:04 AM
    • Peggy's Cove

by joe_78 Online Now Aug 24, 2011 at 1:50 AM

What are the options of getting to Peggy's Cove from Halifax, other than renting a car? Is there any form of public transportation/tourist buses that go there from Halifax?

Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM
    • Sigracey's Profile Photo

Landing in Halifax, spending the night then on to Antigonish

by Sigracey Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Hiya.
      Flying into Halifax & staying the night on Sept 15. Want to visit the Maritime Museum, Alexander Keiths tour, Maxwell Plum, HMS Sackville, Sport Hall of Fame & the Citadel, if I can.
      Need somewhere cheapish to spend the night & a few ideas of what I can fit in.
      Any help much appreciated (might be a pint in it for you too! LOL)
      Cheers
      Si

7 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    • camping

by amaste Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM

What is the closest campground to Citadel Hill. trying to go to metallica and need someplace cheap to stay.

3 Answers Jul 6, 2011 at 4:23 AM