Halifax Travel Answers

change location

Finding a place to stay in Halifax, NS from 25 August 2008 to 25 September 2008?

by KawkabWaHeed Online Now Sep 15, 2007 at 11:32 PM

Greetings:
My wife and I are arriving in Halifax, Nova Scotia in June, 2008 and we are staying in a university residence until August 25, 2008. On that date, we must vacate the residence due to returning students. Unfortunately, we have to stay in Halifax until 25 September 2008. Therefore, we must find a place to stay in Halifax, NS from 25 August 2008 to 25 September 2008.
Firstly, what we are looking for is a cheap place (i.e., under1000 a month). Secondly, our needs are very basic. A room (in a B&B, an Inn, a motel, whatever is no problem) with kitchen facilities with a large bed would be very nice indeed. We have no children and are non-smokers, non-drinkers, non-party-ers and just plain quiet people. Thirdly, in Halifax or near Halifax wouldn’t be a problem because we will have a rent-a-car with unlimited mileage so we are very flexible in terms of our accommodation’s location. I think that this the tourist off-season so perhaps this presents opportunities for us. Finally, we will be Halifax early so if a place is suggested to us, perhaps we can negotiate the rate before we move in.
That’s it for now. Any advice or suggestions you can give us is greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Re: Finding a place to stay in Halifax, NS from 25 August 2008 to 25 September 2008?

by Jetgirly Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Honestly, I think it is probably too early to make these kinds of plans.

As the date approaches, I would suggest using http://halifax.craigslist.org/ to make some inquiries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • babygrand's Profile Photo

Re: Finding a place to stay in Halifax, NS from 25 August 2008 to 25 September 2008?

by babygrand Online Now Oct 2, 2007 at 9:16 AM

You might want to check out the Bed and Breakfast listings, one good site is

lanierbb.com/halifax-nova-sc...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines