Haleiwa Travel Answers

change location

Hostel???

by LenkaPW Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Hello all! I'm planning a trip to Hawaii in November-- does anyone have any great hostel recommendations? I'm looking for something low key and clean with good people and available private rooms. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RogerOma's Profile Photo

RE: Hostel???

by RogerOma Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 3:27 PM

I don't have personnel experience with any sorry but have seen reviews for some in Waikiki. You may try searching back here or on tripadvisors another option would be the older wing of the Royal Grove hotel. That would give you some privacy plus is about the same price I believe as the hostels at around45 a night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kura296's Profile Photo

Re: Hostel???

by Kura296 Online Now May 9, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Depends on which island you are going to...I have only heard that the Big Island does not have any hostels...I stayed on the Island of Kauai and there is an awesome hostel there called the Kauai Beach House (Formerly called Kapa'a Beach House). Kauai is less touristy and has more of a local feel to it...lovely beaches. The hostel itself is basically clean...depending on your expectations...my cousin and I stayed in the private room (Royal Hawaiian Room - don't expect too much from the name though) for60 per room per night...They have queen bed bunks in this room. The room overlooks the beach...as far as the hospitality goes...i definitely reccommend this place just for the frendliness. Everyone that I spoke to who was staying there says that this is one of the best hostels in hawaii they have stayed because of the staff and hospitality...Here is the link for you to have a look at...http://www.kauai-blue-lagoon.com/...

I also went to Waikiki on the island of Oahu and stayed in the Royal Grove Hotel. My cousin and I paid the same price as the hostel in Kauai for a studio apartment with own bathroom, tv, kitchenette...it was64 per night per room...$60 per night if you stay for 7 days or more i think...the staff here were really friendly too and it's only 2 blocks (2 min walk) to waikiki beach and the International Marketplace...also 5 mins walk to a few good bars down Kuhio Ave...I'd recommend this place if you are going to stay in Waikiki..
    Here is the link: http://www.royalgrovehotel.com/

Well I hope this helps...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines