change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• amiya's Profile Photo

Travelling with kids in Futami area

Ise Dec 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit Futami area (Bunka mura and wedded rock) this winter. We will come from Yokkaichi and get off at Ise station. What would be the best way to go to Bunka Mura. I read that there is a bus that we can take to go there. How easy is it to use the bus? And from Bunka Mura to the rock, will it be possible to walk?

more
    • Transport options

Sapporo Nov 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I am traveling in a party of 9 pax, all adults. We will be in Hokkaido from the 14th to 23rd Dec. Upon arrival in Chitose Airport we will have a coach to transport us to Niseko - 4days. from Niseko we will then go to Noboribetsu - 2 days and then go to Sapporo City - 3 days before flying off to Tokyo for a connecting flight out of Japan. Need advise if it is easier and more efficient to arrange coach transport from Niseko - Noboribetsu - Sapporo given that we have nine adults or we should just rely on the train system? Which is cheaper and more time efficient given that it is winter and the roads maybe laden with snow.

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

to Osaka Castle

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Hi!

From Namba Subway Station how to go to Osaka Castle?

thanks

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

Kansai Airport to Namba Oriental Hotel

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi!

How to go to Namba Oriental Hotel (near Namba Subway Station) from Kansai Airport? What are the options? thanks much

more
    • Last Min Trip- Urgent help needed for 7 day Tokyo itinerary

Tokyo Dec 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

Need some urgent help. Last minute change in plans and I am now travelling to Tokyo with hubby and a 6 yr old girl from 8-14th Dec. I have some places in mind to cover and would be great if you could help string the itinerary together that is most efficient. I arrive at Narita Airport at 5pm on the 8th Dec. Thanks!!

Disneyland- 1 day
      Disney Sea- 1 day
      Universal Studios
      Tokyo Tower or Sky Tree
      Hakone (would I need to stay over if i want a full day in the gotemba outlet?)
      Mt Fuji
      Lake Ashi Pirate Ship Cruise
      Gotemba Premium Outlets- 1 day
      Shibuya, Ginza

Doughnut Plant & Magnolia Cupcake & Clinton Street Baking Company (when and how to include these three given their location)

Anything else that could fit in that I missed that you would recommend for a first timer? Pls suggest if any.

Thanks for your help.

more
    • Jesper's Profile Photo

Okinawa Islands itinerary

Japan Nov 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Hi! First trip to the Islands :-) We are arriving Naha an early morning in the end of March. We have 4 nights before going to Kyoto. I know it’s a bit early going to the beach, but we want to go to Kerama Islands. Aka-Jima ? I’m a diver and want to spend a day diving. A half day whale watching if it’s not to late at the end of March ? Some suggestions for a 4 night itinerary ? Going straight from the airport to Kerama Islands and spend the last day / night in Naha ? Or is 3 night ”too much” on a small island ? Thank you very much ☺

more
    • LakanPH's Profile Photo

Family Visit

Nagoya Nov 22, 2014 at 12:32 AM

My family and I will be in Nagoya, DEC 26 to JAN 2, 6 adults + 4 kids. Will need a VAN and Private Tourguide so we can discuss the itinerary.

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to keep feet warm

Osaka Yesterday

Will be departing to Osaka/Kyoto next week. Knowing that the it will be pretty cold, what should I wear to keep my feet warm? thanks.

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

from Osaka (Namba) to Kyoto

Kyoto Dec 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Hi guys!

What's the easiest and fastest way to go from Osaka to Kyoto? and also, From Kyoto station, which is nearer to go to - Golden Pavilon or Nijo Castle? Can we visit that 2 in one day? How can we go there? Thanks much

more
    • 2 day trip around Kyoto

Kyoto Nov 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi,
      Where we should go -for 2 days- around Kyoto?
      (Not Nara or Osaka, cause they are already in my travel plan)
      Do you know another interesting village/city/interesting place 10-50 km around Kyoto?
      Thank you!

more
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

a strange costume - what is it ?

Hiroshima Nov 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I hope this is considdered a travelrelated question ! I saw this Person standing for almost 2 hours in the same place: he/she did not move, did not beg for Money, was always looking in the same direction and had a costume that I never saw somewhere else in Japan. These photos are taken in Miyajima, a holy Island, so maybe it has to do with religion

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Stay in Hakone Yumoto or Gora area?

by phingy Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Hello!

I will be visiting Hakone 2 days 1 night in October this year and would like to stay in a ryokan. Just wondering which area is better to stay at?

I have also identified a few ryokan I would probably book:

Hakone Yumoto:
      Ryokan Fukuzumiro

Gora:
      Fujimien Hotel
      Ashinoko Ichinoyu Hotel
      Hatago Ichinoyu Hotel
      Gora Ichinoyu Hotel

Appreciate any advice! Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    • jwpotter's Profile Photo

Which Pass

by jwpotter Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM

We are stopping for one night in Hakone to do the loop on the cable cars, lake, etc. We have our JP rail pass and are staying in Hakone at the Fujiya Hotel. So, we arrive about noon, spend some time in Hakone, next day do the loop, and then go back to Tokyo using our JP pass. Which of the passes is best for us, the Hakone free pass or the Fuji/Hakone pass? I thought I knew, but all the comments now have me confused. I do believe I purchase it there at the train station, right?

1 Answer Mar 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • rohita67's Profile Photo

Is one day sufficient or should we spend a night in Hakone?

by rohita67 Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 6:14 AM

I plan to travel in June and will be visiting Hakone area from Tokyo. I will buy the Hakone pass which is valid for 2 days as I believe there is no single day pass. How much time would it take to do the roundtrip of all the activities from Shinjuku station and return to the same station? As per the website the recommended route is Shinjuku-Tozan train-cable car-ropeway-cruise-bus-Tozan train-Shinjuku.

3 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    • JR Pass and Fuji/Hakone Pass

by IreneChiew Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I would like to know whether it is worthwhile to buy Fuji/Hakone 3 days Pass from Shinjuku when I already bought a JR Pass. Or would it be more worthwhile buying the Hakone Free Pass?

I shall be in Tokyo on 25th Oct, planning to stay 1 night in Kawaguchiko, then another night in Hakone before heading back to Shinjuku.

Irene

2 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Transportation for people with mobility problems

by lpcho9 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have restricted mobilityand walk very slowly and have difficulty walking long distance. Is it possible for me to use the public transport such as cable cras and trains etc. in Hakone or can i get a taxi, if so, what are their charges.

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Hakone Freepass

by sheherezad Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Am I the only sucker who fell for the 'Hakone Free Pass' and felt taken for a ride when my 3day 'free pass' ticket was swallowed by the exit machine at Sinjuku Station,, to my disbelief?? Coz I thot I had bought a 3day pass that would allow me to go back to Hakone tomorrow (the third day) since I had to go to the CA Embassy in Tokyo today!

The lady did protest to the station official, just to be told that the 2-3day passes are meant tof 2-3 day stays in Hakone! And only entitled me to go from Shinjuku to Odawara once! So, when I came back yesterday I've used that trip and my next 2days' 'free pass' went down the drain!

They even showed me an English translation to demonstrate they were right! But I was never told this by the Tourist Information lady at NRT! Anyone else fell for the same trick? Or was I the only fool? :(

12 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

hakone free pass vs Fuji hakone pass

by autumn918 Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Hi fellow VTs,

Have anyone used these 2 passes in Hakone before? What's the difference & which is better?

I would also be travelling from tokyo to hakone, & then to hamamatsu to visit my friend. So I will only need 1 way transportation from Tokyo to Hakone.

Does anyone know whether it will be worthwhile to buy the pass?

4 Answers Sep 20, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    • panda.s's Profile Photo

Can't decide which Royakan to stay?

by panda.s Online Now Apr 29, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone stayed at any of these Ryokans before? I can't make up my mind between these two. This one japaneseguesthouses.com/db/h... seems to have a better access for doing Hakone circle.

This one http://www.hoeiso.jp/englishhyousi.html looks like a real traditional Japanese style but someone from tripadvisor said that the food is a bit sweet and the rooms are dated.

1 Answer Apr 29, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    • panda.s's Profile Photo

Hakone to Kyoto

by panda.s Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know the traveling time and how to get from Hakone to Kyoto? I will have a JR pass. Is it worth while getting a Hakone free pass when you already have a JR pass? Where can you buy a Hakone pass when staying in Shibuya or Ginza area?

Thank you

16 Answers May 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    • Hakone Ryokans

by marivicsanjuan Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 7:37 AM

Hi. Im travelling to tokyo 2nd week of May, and would like to go to Hakone and spend a night there. Would you have any recommendations on where to stay? I just need clean, private toilet and bath in my room, and would like to stay in a typical japanese inn. I hope to get a nice view of mount fuji, and the lake. im willing to spend 15-20 thousand yen for the overnight stay.

Thanks in advance!

• Hakone Hotel Kowakien or Yumoto Fujiya Hotel?

by jungjoora Online Now Apr 13, 2007 at 1:08 PM

I am arranging a 2-day package trip through JTB Sunrise agency and trying to decide between the Hakone Hotel Kowakien ($263) and Yumoto Fujiya Hotel ($408). The latter is more expensive since dinner and breakfast is included.

Both hotels offer onsen, but I am not sure which one to stay at. Your comments and guidance would be much appreciated. Food, location, quality are all considerations.

4 Answers Apr 13, 2007 at 3:01 PM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Kamaboko tourist in Odawara

by nuppe Online Now Dec 18, 2006 at 7:31 AM

I'm actually going to Odawara the 30.th of December to buy kamaboko. Is there a nice place to stay in Odawara or should I go to Hakone? Is there a place to eat kamaboko as well? Is the fishing port active?

2 Answers Dec 21, 2006 at 11:25 AM
    • mt fuji, hakone and lake ashi

by conniecha Online Now Oct 8, 2006 at 9:51 PM

i will be travelling to tokyo at the end of this mth and will be staying in a hotel in shinjuku. from various website, i found out that there are some day tours for mt fuji+hakone+lake ashi day trips. was wondering if i should go separately for these places? seems that hakone is a big place and mt fuji is just the 5th stn?

in summary:
      1) can i manage to go mt fuji & hakone on the same day w/o the day tour package?
      2) if so, can hw can i travel from mt fuji to hakone?
      3) is lake ashi at mt fuji or hakone?

3 Answers Sep 20, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    • Food finds in Hakone

by tubaguy50 Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Anybody have restaurant favorites for Hakone?

• Where to stay in Hakone?

by kitsya Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 8:31 AM

My husband and I will spend a night in Hakone on April 7 - I know it's late to be looking, so this why I'm having trouble booking a room
      Here are the options I have found so far:
      Matsuzakaya Honten
      nxsco.com/matsuzakaya/englis...
      32,220yen total
      Japanese style room ( Equipped with Hot Spa.Bath & Toilet)
      TENSEIEN
      web.travel.rakuten.co.jp/por...
      33600 yen
      MAIN BUILDING JAPANESE STYLE ROOM (WITH FULL BATHROOM)
      Hotel Senkei
      senkei.net/eng/senkei-hotel....
      27,600 yen
      Japanese style room with bath (onsen?)
      Hakone Sansui
      hakone-sansui.com/price_e.ht...
      12,540*2
      does not look like it has hot spring bath in room, but nice looking outdoor one available for private charter
      Kinokuniya
      hakone-kinokuniya.co.jp/eng/...
      13,500*2?
      has a lot of history
      Hakone Elegance
      hakone-elegance.com/index_e....
      No Japanese style room, but close to lake - good location?
      price - unsure - 8,650*2? probably without meals
      Fujiya127 special
      Fuji Hakone Guest House
      http://www.fujihakone.com
      11850 yen, meals not included
      I'm really confused as to which location is most advantageous and which is the best value
      any advice/experiences appreciated
      Thanks in advance!

10 Answers Jun 30, 2006 at 9:35 AM
    • vincentf's Profile Photo

B&B Pansion Hakone

by vincentf Online Now May 3, 2004 at 10:25 PM

Hi, I have a few questions with regards to this hotel and its accessibility. How do I get there from Shinjuku Station (assuming I'll take the Odakyu Railway)? How do I get to the main natural attractions from the hotel (eg. ropeway, sightseeing ship, etc.)? Does the hotel provide soap, shampoo, towels, toothpaste, toothbrush? Are the hotel's onsen located on the premises or do I need to go to Yunnesan for hot springs? Thanks.

6 Answers May 6, 2004 at 10:00 PM