Hakodate

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transport options

Sapporo Nov 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I am traveling in a party of 9 pax, all adults. We will be in Hokkaido from the 14th to 23rd Dec. Upon arrival in Chitose Airport we will have a coach to transport us to Niseko - 4days. from Niseko we will then go to Noboribetsu - 2 days and then go to Sapporo City - 3 days before flying off to Tokyo for a connecting flight out of Japan. Need advise if it is easier and more efficient to arrange coach transport from Niseko - Noboribetsu - Sapporo given that we have nine adults or we should just rely on the train system? Which is cheaper and more time efficient given that it is winter and the roads maybe laden with snow.

more
    • TreverShick's Profile Photo

Run from Hakodate to Lake Onuma

by TreverShick Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM

im planning to run to lake onuma from hakodate. are there roads that go from hakodate to lake onuma? i would prefer to NOT run on highways if possible.

5 Answers Apr 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • marko4257's Profile Photo

Driving to and around Hakodate

by marko4257 Online Now May 3, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Hi, Need some advice here. We are considering driving to Hakodate. Is it difficult to get parking places when moving around in town? How are the parking rates like?

We will be staying in Chikuba Shinyotei which is not accessible to public transport. If we do not drive are there alternative modes of transport besides taxi, how are taxi rates like?

We were initially thinking of taking the super hokuto from Sapporo to Hakodate, but we are concerned that the train do not have space for our luggage. Any idea about this? Thanks.

1 Answer May 11, 2009 at 1:21 AM
    • arriving by cruise ship

by traveld Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Where does the cruise ship dock in Hakodate? Is it near the morning market? What is the nearest bus or tram stop?

• blacksnail's Profile Photo

4pm- 9:30pm in Hakodate

by blacksnail Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Hello,

I'll reach Hakodate by JR from Sapporo at one 4pm, and leaving for Kyoto by Jr at 9:30pm. Do you think i can visit all the places i listed below? thanks.
      Hakodate
      1. Seafood market in Hakodate Just next to Hakodate's JR station
      2. Goryakaku park
      3. Goryoukaku Tower There is a Goryoukaku tramway station. After getting down from the tram, take a walk for within 10 minutes. You will arrive there.
      4. Beautiful nightview in Hakodate Go up Mt. Hakodate from ropeway station.
      5. The harbor of Hakodate

3 Answers Jun 19, 2007 at 7:32 AM
    • Email address for Aozora Inn

by mikoh Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 5:09 AM

Does anyone know the email address for Aozora Inn in Hakodate. The address that I sent is invalid. Do update me please Thank you

2 Answers May 28, 2007 at 10:13 AM
    • akikonomu's Profile Photo

Driving in Hakodate

by akikonomu Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Dear travellers

We intend to do a 3 day driving tour around Hakodate looping west along Route 278 and returning from Onuma and would appreciate some tips on the below.

1) Are there any points of interest along the route that are must-visits?
      2) Any good places we can stop for the nights along the way?
      3) We're used to left hand drive which will be opposite the Japanese system. Any difficulties foreseen?

Many thanks for any suggestions or tips.

1 Answer Mar 19, 2007 at 11:44 PM
    • ittekimasu's Profile Photo

Have you been to Hakodate?

by ittekimasu Online Now Jan 1, 2005 at 6:54 PM

Hi, We are going to Hakodate next week. We would be pleased if you could give us some info about : -interesting sight-seeing not listed in touristic guids -Nice but reasonable Accomodation -Rotenburo (outside Hot springs) Sorry, i am asking alot!!! thanks

1 Answer Jan 4, 2005 at 12:53 AM
    • vege restaurants?

by hoodoo_uk Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 8:41 AM

I know its a tough question, but are there any vegtarian restaurants (or restaurants that serve some vege food- Pizzas, whatever!) in Hakodate?